Souray On Re-entry Waivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Souray On Re-entry Waivers

Is some team going to claim him?I'm guessing at yes(Habs maybe)?A cap hit of less than 4m for 1 and 1/3 of a  season and playoffs might be palatable enough for some GM.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Souray On Re-entry Waivers

Souray is the kiss of death.

This is his last year of hockey in north america. 

he will have to go to europe or china to find someone that would sign him and team mates that won't want to immediately beat the stuffing out of him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Souray On Re-entry Waivers:
    [QUOTE]Souray is the kiss of death. This is his last year of hockey in north america.  he will have to go to europe or china to find someone that would sign him and team mates that won't want to immediately beat the stuffing out of him.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    I just think some GM will want to make out with him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Souray On Re-entry Waivers : I just think some GM will want to make out with him.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see him playing for anyone - except the Bruins.

He's old.  He isn't any good any more.  His team mates hate him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

There are so many Defencemen out with injuries. it's a no brainer that Souray and his entery level contract will be picked up by an NHL team. There are just too many players hurt now. You can bet Boston will not be one of the teams. Oh. Of coarse it goes without saying, that if he isn't picked up by an NHL team, we will know who the no-brainer is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Yes, ideally the Habs claim him and he causes them to freefall.  Also, I wouldn't mind the same scenario happening  in Toronto.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

per various sources on Twitter feed, the Devils have put in a claim

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez,

He was well liked in montreal and was a team leader there.  They also have a size issue and could use him on the PP and he will drop the gloves on occasion.  He would come at no cost other than money.  Maybe a playoff birth back in Montreal would get his mojo going again.  He can't be worse than some of the scrubs they have in their lineup. 
    I think you are right and he does get picked up.  There is never a better time for the Oil to get rid of him

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

and as I pressed send there is rumor that NJ made a claim.  What better place than a structured placed like NJ

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]and as I pressed send there is rumor that NJ made a claim.  What better place than a structured placed like NJ
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    I just figured he would be worth half his pay under the right circumstances(and he'd take care of Subban).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Souray On Re-entry Waivers:[QUOTE]per various sources on Twitter feed, the Devils have put in a claim Posted by ocram[/QUOTE]

That makes sense as that's where he started, the devils need him and Lemaire won't put up with Sheldon's guff.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]and as I pressed send there is rumor that NJ made a claim.  What better place than a structured placed like NJ
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

The contract notwithstanding, I'm going to guess that Souray will be better for them than Fayne or Salmela.  He will assist them a few victories which will push them ahead of Toronto for good.

Fantastic!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No risk move.  He doesnt perform and he will go back to the AHL.  He will get a chance to play PP and if put in the 3rd tier groupings he can be an asset.
    I mean Tampa picked up Bergeron who is the worst dman in history but can get pts on the PP.  Souray can skate, shoot and play physical. 
    No players went the other way.

It could also set NJ up to trade Greene or another dman....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Good point NAS. Souray has to be better than what the Devs currently have. Still, I saw him play in Hershey a few weeks ago and he wasn't skating at all. He seemed to lack an awareness about the flow of the game, had trouble with positioning and his shots were still missing the net by a mile.

Wherever he goes, I just hope he ditches that ridiculous camo ball cap.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

So, does this ensure the Devils pass TO in the standings?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]So, does this ensure the Devils pass TO in the standings?
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Kovalchuk coming out of his coma ensured that.  This just makes it quicker.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Souray On Re-entry Waivers : Kovalchuk coming out of his coma ensured that.  This just makes it quicker.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

hehe...what do you think the odds are that Kovalchuk gets 40 by the end of the year?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]per various sources on Twitter feed, the Devils have put in a claim
    Posted by ocram[/QUOTE]

Lou Lamoriello publically came out to Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice saying the Devils will NOT claim Souray.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Get ready got the feeling the Habs will pick him up.
    It'll go down today otherwise it means they're in talks for Philips.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

[QUOTE]Get ready got the feeling the Habs will pick him up. It'll go down today otherwise it means they're in talks for Philips.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    I hope the Habs pick up Souray.  I saw him play against the P Bruins and he was aweful.  Recchi is a better skier than him right now and that says something.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Did anyone pick him up yet?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

The Devils don't have the money for him. Especially with his contract for next year. That's a bogus rumor. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Just heard Nick Kypreos and Doug Maclean on THE FAN 590's "Hockey Central" announce that Souray has cleared waivers.  No takers for him. 

The Flames also just placed Nik Hagman on waivers.  That leaves only Stajan as the lone player still with Calgary from the Phaneuf deal.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Isn't Hagman pretty good?  Having a bad year perhaps?

Sections
Shortcuts