Souray To Dallas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Souray To Dallas

Nothing wrong with Souray on your 3rd D pairing now that he makes a reasonable 1.65m.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Souray To Dallas

In Response to Souray To Dallas:
    [QUOTE]Nothing wrong with Souray on your 3rd D pairing now that he makes a reasonable 1.65m.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

No.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

dez,

i thought the same thing.  PP guy- check, mean and nasty- check, canon of a shot and has something to proove- check check check. 
    I would rather him over Kaberle and his bloated contract b/c at least you know someone will get hit.  He is bad in his end but the fact its a one year deal would have made me take a look.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Montreal south now with tres Glyder, Souray and Ribeiro reunited. So Edmonton placed him on unconditional waivers so how much do the Oilers owe ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Souray To Dallas:
    [QUOTE]dez, i thought the same thing.  PP guy- check, mean and nasty- check, canon of a shot and has something to proove- check check check.  I would rather him over Kaberle and his bloated contract b/c at least you know someone will get hit.  He is bad in his end but the fact its a one year deal would have made me take a look.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Guys like him and Redden are good enough to play in this league. They simply didn't live up to their bloated contracts. That doesn't make them awful players as BadHab and others would like to have us believe. Low dollars on a 1 year deal. Dallas did fine on this one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

$1.65 million for a guy who will be hurt all season?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Souray To Dallas : Guys like him and Redden are good enough to play in this league. They simply didn't live up to their bloated contracts. That doesn't make them awful players as BadHab and others would like to have us believe. Low dollars on a 1 year deal. Dallas did fine on this one.

I would take Redden on that deal as well.  Redden fell off the face of the earth after the SC finals.  His mother died in that time frame as well.  He was always an excellent 1st pass guy and a top 2 dman.   Man he fell quickly

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

40 games 4 goals and 15 assists last year.

In the AHL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]$1.65 million for a guy who will be hurt all season?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Well the insurance company would foot the bill then wouldn't they?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

yup, Wade Redden, a -1 in the AHL last year.

Yah, these guys deserve to be in the NHL.

Now all of you be good, or I will tell Santa Claus on you. 

I am good friends with him and the easter bunny.

Because if you believe in Wade or Sheldon, you must also believe in the easter bunny.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]yup, Wade Redden, a -1 in the AHL last year. Yah, these guys deserve to be in the NHL. Now all of you be good, or I will tell Santa Claus on you.  I am good friends with him and the easter bunny. Because if you believe in Wade or Sheldon, you must also believe in the easter bunny.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Commodore signed as well. 
    Can we revisit Souray at the 20 game mark?  dude has an ego and likes money.  i bet he plays sound, gets a multi year deal. 
    If MA Bergeron can land a deal Souray surely can and did. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]yup, Wade Redden, a -1 in the AHL last year. Yah, these guys deserve to be in the NHL. Now all of you be good, or I will tell Santa Claus on you.  I am good friends with him and the easter bunny. Because if you believe in Wade or Sheldon, you must also believe in the easter bunny.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    McQuaid was +1 with 15 points in 78 games his last full year in Providence. He then went on to have 15 points in 67 NHL games while being +30. What? A guy can actually be better in the NHL the in the minors? Who would've thought? Oh yeah, I do. Do you think Dallas didn't have access to these damning stats that you've strewn about? Answer me this.......if Scott Gomez cleared waivers and got sent to the minors, would that mean he's no longer good enough to be in the Nhl..............? Forgive me for having more faith in my own opinion than I have in yours. My opinion dosen't let me down anywere near as much as yours has.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Me thinks there might be a table or two thrown around because of this thread.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Souray to Dallas is like Pouliot to Boston.  Both teams had more expensive Plan-B's but they saved some cash and took a risk.  Dallas could have easily snagged KABERLE, but they don't want to pay $3-4M per year.  Same with Boston.  They didn't want to invest $3M for Ryder.

Welcome to the NEW NHL. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Souray to Dallas is like Pouliot to Boston.  Both teams had more expensive Plan-B's but they saved some cash and took a risk.  Dallas could have easily snagged KABERLE, but they don't want to pay $3-4M per year.  Same with Boston.  They didn't want to invest $3M for Ryder. Welcome to the NEW NHL. 
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]

Souray should not have been signed by anyone.
    And taking a gamble on him should have been league min.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Souray To Dallas : Commodore signed as well.  Can we revisit Souray at the 20 game mark?  dude has an ego and likes money.  i bet he plays sound, gets a multi year deal.  If MA Bergeron can land a deal Souray surely can and did. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

If he can stay healthy (20% chance), he could be a big steal for Dallas.  It's not like the guy forgot how to play hockey.  His AHL numbers are irrelevant due to the fact that there is no way he was even trying in most games.

For that dough, I'd have been really happy if he came to Boston.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

too freakin bad.  Was a client of mine and could have gotten free tics.
    %^%%$%%$@#$##@

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Souray To Dallas:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Souray To Dallas : What? A guy can actually be better in the NHL the in the minors? Who would've thought? Oh yeah, I do. Do you think Dallas didn't have access to these damning stats that you've strewn about? Answer me this.......if Scott Gomez cleared waivers and got sent to the minors, would that mean he's no longer good enough to be in the Nhl..............? Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes and No putting better players around a budding or stalled talent always helps.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Souray To Dallas : If he can stay healthy (20% chance), he could be a big steal for Dallas.  It's not like the guy forgot how to play hockey.  His AHL numbers are irrelevant due to the fact that there is no way he was even trying in most games. For that dough, I'd have been really happy if he came to Boston.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I thought the same Nas. The dollars are low enough that it isn't even much of a gamble for Dallas.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Souray is a liability defensively and known for having a bad attitude.  Edmonton didn't want him around their young players.  Even at 1.5, he could still be a subtraction by addition.  I would rather play Kampfer and even Kaberle is a far superior player and teammate.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Souray is a liability defensively and known for having a bad attitude.  Edmonton didn't want him around their young players.  Even at 1.5, he could still be a subtraction by addition.  I would rather play Kampfer and even Kaberle is a far superior player and teammate.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    Oates, Edmonton was the first place in which Souray's being a good teammate was ever brought into question. If they didn't want him around their young players, I would think the minors to be an odd place to send him. The deal was all about money.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Souray To Dallas : Oates, Edmonton was the first place in which Souray's being a good teammate was ever brought into question. If they didn't want him around their young players, I would think the minors to be an odd place to send him. The deal was all about money.

Agree.  They had in Montreal like a leader in the dressing room and the only reason they didn't sign him was the amount of money he wanted.
    Montreal got it right .

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In Montreal he was known for loving a rock star lifestyle, but of more concern is the defensive liability part.  -19 in his last 34 NHL games, -28 in his career best 26 goal season. Great shot but a garbage mental game and no defensive commitment.  You wouldn't want him out there even on the third pair.  He also wouldn't bring much to the Bruins, they already have a couple of D with cannons for shots.  They could use a playmaker maybe.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Montreal he was known for loving a rock star lifestyle, but of more concern is the defensive liability part.  -19 in his last 34 NHL games, -28 in his career best 26 goal season. Great shot but a garbage mental game and no defensive commitment.  You wouldn't want him out there even on the third pair.  He also wouldn't bring much to the Bruins, they already have a couple of D with cannons for shots.  They could use a playmaker maybe.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

If you're using his +/- in his last 34 NHL games, you're just grasping at straws.

Your argument is weak. The '09-10 Oilers were a joke, recording only 27 for the W column.

Sections
Shortcuts