Souray vs Wiz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Souray vs Wiz

In Response to Re: Souray vs Wiz:
    You lose and there is no benefit of the doubt. Wizniewski has accomplished more at a younger age than when Sheldon was at the same age. Then what do you do ? Keep throwing stats up when Souray was at the end of his peek. I can't compare Wiz at 30 plus because he hasn't reached that age. You are the one who doesn't get it. James isn't 30+ years old yet so Souray's points in that age range are irrelevant. Wiz by the time he was in his 2nd full NHL season had accomplished 81 points total versus Sheldon had a meek 43 points total. That's like me saying Arniel is better than Spooner because James has played better in the AHL. Stop ignoring the real points compared the ones that can't be compared yet.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

What????  I will go back to my orginal thread(I created this opinion-you can't change the rules on what I stated). 
    Final time:
    I said IF HEALTHY SOURAY OUT PTS WIZ THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!  How is that anything to do with 10 yrs ago or 10 yrs from now.

Are you saying 100% no way Souray out scores him this year.  Go on the record one way or another or create a different threads about 2 avg dmen's careers.  Stay in the now San.  Stay in the now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Stop avoiding the question. Who was the better player at the age of 26 and 27 years old ? You have provided nothing that suggests Wiz can't accomplish Souray's two best years, nothing.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I'll still pick Souray at 27. Nobody is afraid of the Wiz other than fear of his outright dirty play. Souray at 27 was still a big, tough as nails D-man that had the ability to bring the pain while playing within the rules. Points aren't the be all end all, especially for a D. Souray has him by 4 inches and 30 pounds. I'll admit though San, I just don't like the Wiz.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Souray vs Wiz : Wiz other than fear of his outright dirty play. while playing within the rules. Points aren't the be all end all, especially for a D. I'll admit though San, I just don't like the Wiz.Posted by dezaruchi

At least you admit it Dez. I don't always think that Souray has played within the rules and he is very brittle. I know I will never see Wiz down in the minors at 34 years old because of being a birdbrain.

I'll play along though I say James Wiz gets more points than Sheldon this season but both players have to play at least 50 games and that will be the clincher because Souray probably won't make it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Souray vs Wiz : At least you admit it Dez. I don't always think that Souray has played within the rules and he is very brittle. I know I will never see Wiz down in the minors at 34 years old because of being a birdbrain. I'll play along though I say James Wiz gets more points than Sheldon this season but both players have to play at least 50 games and that will be the clincher because Souray probably won't make it.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I'm not willing to predict who outscores who but I did still like the Souray signing for Dallas. Like us signing Pouliot, it's fairly low risk for a team that needed some help on the back end.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Souray vs Wiz : At least you admit it Dez. I don't always think that Souray has played within the rules and he is very brittle. I know I will never see Wiz down in the minors at 34 years old because of being a birdbrain. I'll play along though I say James Wiz gets more points than Sheldon this season but both players have to play at least 50 games and that will be the clincher because Souray probably won't make it.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I never liked either.  I just think the Souray was a good pickup.  And we can modify and make it 50 games or more. 
    Souray will easily out goal him.  And pts will be very close if both are healthy.  Wiz will avg more ice time.  Both should get a lot of PP time.

Let the games begin.

I also believe I picked Buffalo to have more pts than the bruins. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Souray vs Wiz : I'm not willing to predict who outscores who but I did still like the Souray signing for Dallas. Posted by dezaruchi

The prediction was for shupper and your smart to stay out of the handicapper. Now the president of the Raffi Torres fan club and I can sling mud LoL!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Souray vs Wiz : The prediction was for shupper and your smart to stay out of the handicapper. Now the president of the Raffi Torres fan club and I can sling mud LoL!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Come on San,

You must like some underdog and can call it.  Torres plated very well for Van last year as I predicted.  He fell short of 20 but he might have been there best player in the final.  That thing took a life of its own.

Robyn Regehr as well.  I hink he will be outstanding for Buffalo.

And Souray is gonna have a good year when everyone was laughing at it.   As long as he remains healthy...and his career in the league is riding on it.   I say he has more motivation on his part than Wiz who signed a Crosby like contract and is the king of suspensions. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I didn't laugh at the signing of Torres nor Souray I just like to drive you up a wall LoL!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I didn't laugh at the signing of Torres nor Souray I just like to drive you up a wall LoL!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I didn't notice. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Souray on FIRE!!!.  3 games.  3 pts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted by SanDogBrewin

Nah ! 
    Not fair Wiz is suspended otherwise I think he would have as much points if not more than Souray .
    Bluejackets will do well on PP with Wiz, Carter and Nash.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Watching a little of VAN-CBJ game and Jackets PP is 0-5 .  I'll wait for Wiz to get therefore before admitting I was wrong.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Watching a little of VAN-CBJ game and Jackets PP is 0-5 .  I'll wait for Wiz to get therefore before admitting I was wrong.
    Posted by BsLegion

The games will even off.  And its only 3 games.  Souray like Raffi last year are starting fast to keep you all involved. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BsL,

Just for the record I called this prior to Wiz getting suspended.  I also indicated that there is now a San stipulation of 50 games.  Souray has been known to get injured and heck so might Wiz. 

Announcers tonight said Souray would look good on the Oilers PP and that it was based on his actions in the dressing room.  Souray is still a very good PP dman, hard nosed and plays with an edge. 
    He is obviously slowing down and was never really good in his end.

Anyway, The games will decide my prediction.  Couldnt have had a better start.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Allstar Game for Souray? 

1 g 3 a 5 gms.

The Legend Continues.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

SAN

3 G  5 A  +8 

OH YEAH

I'm a funny guy!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Tied for 4th in dman scoring. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Ok, nuff said. what does this have to do with our Bruins? In two games Montreal has outskated the Bruins defense repeatedly. Would Souray [today] or Wiz whatever improve the Bruins defense under Claude?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ok, nuff said. what does this have to do with our Bruins? In two games Montreal has outskated the Bruins defense repeatedly. Would Souray [today] or Wiz whatever improve the Bruins defense under Claude?
    Posted by bogie6

Bogie- this is the new debate I have running with San.  Hence why I directed it at San.  Its a fun thing after I lost my Raffi debate last year. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Souray vs Wiz : shupe - Their careers have some similar parallels.  Didn't both parlay an outstanding season into hefty pay days?  Always thought Souray was solid but brittle big-time. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Solid but brittle.

I'll never buy anything from you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

SAN 3 G  5 A  +8  OH YEAH I'm a funny guy! Posted by shuperman

Yah empty netters like last night are always fun hope he enjoyed his KoolAid waterboy LoL!

@Bogie Yes either defenseman would improve the Bruins but not necessarily improve their record.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I proposed picking up Souray mid-last yr, and got roasted for it. Instead we trade 2 firsts, and a second for Kabbie, and although it worked out, I think SS would have given them more offense on the PP, at a much cheaper price. I know, I know, hind-site is 20/20, and maybe SS makes a monumental mistake that would cost them the first round series. Who knows? But I do know that the guy, when healthy, is a poiint producing Dman.

Oh well, it all worked out, but I think we missed an opportunity to grab him. Since we have such a great back-end we can afford his less-than-spectacular play in our end.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Souray vs Wiz : Yah empty netters like last night are always fun hope he enjoyed his KoolAid waterboy LoL! @Bogie Yes either defenseman would improve the Bruins but not necessarily improve their record.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

So now you want SS.  Kelly for Souray?  Hater. 
    :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

4 games with 4 points for da Wiz. Sheldon has 8 points in 11 games. So Wizniewski has cut the points lead in half, having played in 7 less games...

Oh boy sure you betcha...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Youz guyz is nutz. Souray or Wiz???

How are their teams doing? Not very good.

How are they supposed to the Bruins if they can't help their own team? How many Stanley Cups between the two?

Sections
Shortcuts