Souray vs Wiz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Souray vs Wiz

In Response to Re: Souray vs Wiz:
    [QUOTE]4 games with 4 points for da Wiz. Sheldon has 8 points in 11 games. So Wizniewski has cut the points lead in half, having played in 7 less games... Oh boy sure you betcha...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Souray had the same after 4 games. 

At least its taking our attention away from the Bruins once in a while. 

Souray.  4th in dmen scoring.  Comeback player of the year and you know it.  Allstar game if he keeps it up.  Possible another 15 goal season.

Its gonna get interesting....and I hope it does.  I dont like when you get sookie.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

OK, good dialogue, but how about some consideration on how to improve the Bruins defense. IMO the Bruins , and Claude's , system requires smart hockey players. Neither Boychuck or Corve seem to have that skill.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I proposed picking up Souray mid-last yr, and got roasted for it. Instead we trade 2 firsts, and a second for Kabbie, and although it worked out, I think SS would have given them more offense on the PP, at a much cheaper price. --perrysound

Yes Perry, I said the same thing last year and certain idiots (we both know who they are) said it was crazy. They say Kabs helped get the cup. My assumption is your worst player is never the reason you win anything, it's that you won in spite of that player, not because of him. Those 7 game series would have been 5 or 6 games if the turnover machine Kabs weren't here, and Sheldon was.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE] My assumption is your worst player is never the reason you win anything, it's that you won in spite of that player, not because of him. Those 7 game series would have been 5 or 6 games if the turnover machine Kabs weren't here, and Sheldon was.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

This is completely propesterous.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Souray vs Wiz:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Souray vs Wiz : Souray had the same after 4 games.   Souray.  4th in dmen scoring.  Comeback player of the year and you know it.  Allstar game if he keeps it up.  Possible another 15 goal season. Its gonna get interesting....and I hope it does. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I predict you tell me that Souray is in the top 5 in Dman scoring even when JW catches Sheldon in points totals. I just hope that you don't go n give speeding tickets to ILH, Wheat and Nite cause your mad Wiz gets the same amount of points in half the games...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'll have to admit that Souray is playing better than I thought he would so far.  I'm really jaded on the guy after following Edmonton some and seeing what bum he became on that team.  I am still a skeptic that he will be good all year in Dallas, but I am wrong a lot, so who knows.

That said, I still think Wiz is by far the better player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Souray vs Wiz : I predict you tell me that Souray is in the top 5 in Dman scoring even when JW catches Sheldon in points totals. I just hope that you don't go n give speeding tickets to ILH, Wheat and Nite cause your mad Wiz gets the same amount of points in half the games...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Remember to stay on course as to what I said by the way.  You like to throw your own twist every now and then.  Just like half the pts in 4 games.  You think he is gonna be a lock for 82 pts.  Go on record!  Souray had 4 pts after 4 games as well.  You already are using the crutch of a suspension.  If he gets suspended again are you gonna void this debate. 

I said.  If healthy that Souray would get as many pts as Wiz.  And will be comeback player of the year.  2 simple facts!

One makes an ugly amount of money.  One has a very reasonable contract.   If the numbers are even close to similar whats your take?  Wiz is a better player but not by the difference in contracts. 

Souray was left out on an island but still has lots of game left as he is showing. 

Its gonna be fun. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Souray vs Wiz:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Souray vs Wiz : Remember to stay on course as to what I said by the way.  You like to throw your own twist every now and then.  Just like half the pts in 4 games.  You think he is gonna be a lock for 82 pts.  Go on record!  Souray had 4 pts after 4 games as well.  You already are using the crutch of a suspension.  If he gets suspended again are you gonna void this debate.   2 simple facts! One makes an ugly amount of money.  One has a very reasonable contract.  Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Wisniewski was suspended on the 24th of Sept. you started this thread on Oct. 7th. That would not be using any kind of crutch becuase if I had thought Wiz couldn't beat Souray I wouldn't have placed the friendly bet so my "going on record" is secure through out this thread with no twists.

Lets ask Oiler management about what they think about "ugly amount of money" being given to a player who doesn't perform throughout their contract. Now you're assuming I'm trying back back out of a friendly bet when I've never felt more confident of what a 27 year old Wiz can do as evident so far this season.

If you can't take a razzin don't reply back cause again remember you waited till after Wiz got suspended to start this thread not me. Dems R da facts right on record here on this discussion board. Wiz is reeling Sheldon in already and you don't like it.

PS. How do you void a debate anyhow ? Classic...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Sandog is winning the argument Shupe.  Yet, you may have more to say in a couple months!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Sandog is winning the argument Shupe.  Yet, you may have more to say in a couple months!  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

nope. b/c im winning the bet as of this moment.  and although i started the thread on that date i brought this up on another thread.  just san twisting and reaching.

san.  i can take a good ribbing.  this is outta our control.  but is a spicey meatball fo-sho

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Souray vs Wiz : This is completely propesterous.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    How often does your worst player lead in D-scoring? You're wasting your time talking sensibly to a guy that's still trying win an unwinnable argument. Saying Boston could've/would've won the Cup without a particular player(except Rask) is a fool's game. Arguing about what could've happenned will never end.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Souray vs Wiz : How often does your worst player lead in D-scoring? You're wasting your time talking sensibly to a guy that's still trying win an unwinnable argument. Saying Boston could've/would've won the Cup without a particular player(except Rask) is a fool's game. Arguing about what could've happenned will never end.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

haha dang. I was hoping he had an incredible power of hindsight and I planned on asking him who was on the Grassy Knoll. Guess ill just have to go with my initial assumption that the post was just full on stupid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Souray vs Wiz : haha dang. I was hoping he had an incredible power of hindsight and I planned on asking him who was on the Grassy Knoll. Guess ill just have to go with my initial assumption that the post was just full on stupid.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    ILH, your avatar is hilarious. As far as the grassy knoll goes, I'm sure he's positive about who the 2nd shooter is and he thinks we're idiots for not seeing what's so obviously clear to him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I like this thread just for the new avatars.  ILH and Dez -- well done.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I like this thread just for the new avatars.  ILH and Dez -- well done.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Fletch, I saw it and thought Zee looks 10 feet tall.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San

Your boy toy Wiz had a lovely -7 (2) game total over the weekend.  Meanwhile the Souray Express is still chugging. 
    Check his line out.  I will revisit this after 25 gms.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

shupe, you win

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]shupe, you win
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]
    to some posters, it's all about getting that "w". some actually keep track of all the arguments they've "won". others are just happy to pass their day talking hockey...which type of poster are YOU?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]San Your boy toy Wiz had a lovely -7 (2) game total over the weekend.  Meanwhile the Souray Express is still chugging.  Check his line out.  I will revisit this after 25 gms.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

You fail to mention that Souray is on a much better team.
    Wiz just came back from suspension and Carter hasn't been present. 
    Columbus has no PP and Dallas has been pretty good.
    Easy for your Souray express and such.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Souray vs Wiz : to some posters, it's all about getting that "w". some actually keep track of all the arguments they've "won". others are just happy to pass their day talking hockey...which type of poster are YOU?
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    I usually read a few posts and then I decide what I'll be that day.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Souray vs Wiz : I usually read a few posts and then I decide what I'll be that day.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Ya, the apostle thing didn't work out so back to being normal.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Souray vs Wiz : Ya, the apostle thing didn't work out so back to being normal.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    I had no real expectations that it would.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Souray vs Wiz : to some posters, it's all about getting that "w". some actually keep track of all the arguments they've "won". others are just happy to pass their day talking hockey...which type of poster are YOU?
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

ummm i'm not quite sure what your getting at, i'm just saying that I thought shupe was out of his mind for saying this, and i am very impressed that he stuck to his guns on Souray despite it being a wildly unpopular opinion. I believe he was right, and I was wrong, thats all i was saying

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BsL,

Coming into the year was Souray supposed to be on the better team.  suspension means nothing.  Stay with the argument.
    1. Souray with out pt Wiz if healthy
    2. Souray if healthy is come back player of the year.

You guys keep twisting it.  I'm having fun with this.  No different than the Torres debate.  Who thought Souray would return to his former self?  Dez gets credit b/c I believe he said it was a good pickup. 

ADK- I lose a lot of arguments on here and take my medicine and usually admit it(do you?).Love talking hockey 1st.  This is in fun.  I am competitive by nature.  Anything wrong with that? 

To be honest I didnt think Souray would be a 20 minute dman and be 3rd in dmen scoring.  He is making me look good for starting a thread about him. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think I know exactly what adk is getting at.  It seemed to be stressed at the beginning of this thread that this was a full season prediction, that would exclude things like injuries, suspensions, etc.

So, the updates every two games, to point out who was right and who was wrong are puzzling, you know, being 10 games into the season and all.

If the season ends the same way it has been going, I'll be the first the say shupe was right, I was wrong.  It's looking good for him so far.  Until then, just talking hockey might be more fun than publically declaring victory over and over.  It's the hockey talk people enjoy, not so much the personal accolades of individual posters.