Source: "Chicago has best offer on table for Iginla"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

Source: "Chicago has best offer on table for Iginla"

According to a source out of Chicago, the Blackhawks are said to have the top offer on the table for Iginla. However, the package that has been presented may not satisfied the demand from Flames GM Jay Feaster.

Nothing has been confirmed or denied as of yet regarding this alleged offer.

Source: 720 WGN Hawks Radio

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Source:

The Flames want Subban....his name is attractive and I am dreaming of Iginla in Boston....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

We'll find out soon enough... I'm not convinced Iginla will find his old form again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i keep getting the feeling that the price isn't as high as we expect it to be. My guess is that chicago is offering a decent, but not their top, prospect, and a first round pick. I also suspect that the bruins have flat out denied Subban as part of any package, and their offer is most likely something in the area of khoklachev (who i would be disappointed to see go) a 1st, and a conditional pick. I could see them settling on subban and a pick for iginla and a pick one round below bostons 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

The Flames want Subban....his name is attractive and I am dreaming of Iginla in Boston....

Subban seems too high a prospect. If a keeper is in the mix I think it is either Svedberg or Gothberg (my guess is Gothberg) as a piece of a package. Maybe Khoklachev, Gothberg and this year's first (maybe with a conditional as well).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

It's a seller's market. is this team one lease from a cup?

please.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

We'll find out soon enough... I'm not convinced Iginla will find his old form again.

In a funny and wierd disturbing way, I hope, if we land him, that he does not pull a Tomas Kaberle "type" showing and score 3g and 5a over the next 16gms or so. Although, Kaberle did have a good playoff performance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:

\

Subban seems too high a prospect. If a keeper is in the mix I think it is either Svedberg or Gothberg (my guess is Gothberg) as a piece of a package. Maybe Khoklachev, Gothberg and this year's first (maybe with a conditional as well).

What sort of value could these guys hold?  Gothberg is a 6th round pick playing in the US college system.  Svedberg is an undrafted 23 year old who hasn't spent a second on NHL ice.

With Subban under B's control, I can't imagine a team accepting either of these two instead.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to superj2k10's comment:

In a funny and wierd disturbing way, I hope, if we land him, that he does not pull a Tomas Kaberle "type" showing and score 3g and 5a over the next 16gms or so. Although, Kaberle did have a good playoff performance.

Tomas Kaberle type of winning the Stanley Cup performance?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to superj2k10's comment:

Tomas Kaberle type of winning the Stanley Cup performance?

Agreed i hope they make a trade and it has the same affect.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Best offer from Chicago. Feaster not satisfied?

Then keep Iginla.

Bruins will sign him at no charge on July 1.

Let him go now and we'll give you Steve Bartkowski and Craig Cunningham.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yesterday a reporter from Vancouver said that the Nucks are in the mix with a significant offer. Talk about doing anything to keep your fan base interested. PC will get the right fits at the deadline, not going to pout if it isn't Iginla.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Feaster is doing his job. Holding out for the best deal to help his team, but PC needs to do his and putting prospects out of the question isn't doing his. He's supposed to be putting the best possible team on the ice NOW. That's what we the fans pay to see...Not 5-6 seasons down the road! The B's aren't in a re-build mode like the Flames are. They're one or 2 players away from winning it all again & if trading a couple of prospects gets you those pieces then so be it. I understand the whole concept of wanting to build the future, but you don't hold back the team that's playing for you now for UNKNOWN'S!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

For those who figure the only way to get Iginla to Boston is to trade away a goalie prospect................Chicago has zero goalie prospects in their top ten in The Hockey News' Future Watch magazine.

If the source is correct, maybe the Flames priority coming back to them......... isn't a goaltender.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

For those who figure the only way to get Iginla to Boston is to trade away a goalie prospect................Chicago has zero goalie prospects in their top ten in The Hockey News' Future Watch magazine.

If the source is correct, maybe the Flames priority coming back to them......... isn't a goaltender.

Agreed Chowdah. The Flames will have to settle for the best package they can get from 1 of the teams Iginla is willing to play for. Their options are somewhat limited.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Agreed Chowdah. The Flames will have to settle for the best package they can get from 1 of the teams Iginla is willing to play for. Their options are somewhat limited.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2013/03/26/trading_jarome_iginla_not_such_a_big_deal_anymore_cox.html

dez, Damien Cox wrote the above on pretty much what you posted in terms of Calgary's return on any deal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2013/03/26/trading_jarome_iginla_not_such_a_big_deal_anymore_cox.html
    Excuse the @#%& second post.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

dez, Damien Cox wrote the above on pretty much what you just posted.

Frustrating there's no "delete post" option. It's true though RHO. Feaster only has 4 teams to peruse offers from.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

But it's also been said about Spooner too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

But it's also been said about Spooner too.

What's been said about Spooner with regards to my post ? Are you okay this morning ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

dez, Damien Cox wrote the above on pretty much what you just posted.

Frustrating there's no "delete post" option. It's true though RHO. Feaster only has 4 teams to peruse offers from.

It can be.  Should Iginla rule out the Bruins do you think PC should turn any Flame attentions to Cammalleri?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

dez, Damien Cox wrote the above on pretty much what you posted in terms of Calgary's return on any deal.

Read this and put it up on another thread, good article. 35 years old and Iginla isn't going to bring a ton back for you. PC and Faester will probably go down to midnight of the draft or midday.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Feaster is doing his job. Holding out for the best deal to help his team, but PC needs to do his and putting prospects out of the question isn't doing his. He's supposed to be putting the best possible team on the ice NOW. That's what we the fans pay to see...Not 5-6 seasons down the road! The B's aren't in a re-build mode like the Flames are. They're one or 2 players away from winning it all again & if trading a couple of prospects gets you those pieces then so be it. I understand the whole concept of wanting to build the future, but you don't hold back the team that's playing for you now for UNKNOWN'S!

Yes sir.  I don't want to see five first round picks traded, but last year's #25 can hit the bricks if it means a big return for this season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Yes sir.  I don't want to see five first round picks traded, but last year's #25 can hit the bricks if it means a big return for this season.

And this years and I think it is already gone.

Sections
Shortcuts