Source: Krug has received a big offer from KHL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Source: Krug has received a big offer from KHL

Hacks finding the dog days of summer a little long...

"Given the current situation and Boston’s dire salary cap situation, Krug is probably looking at something more along the lines of a one or two year deal with an average annual value in the $1.5-2.5 million range. Certainly it’s not NHL chump change, but it’s also not an eye-popping figure for a 23-year-old that posted 14 goals and 40 points as a rookie while helping breathe life into the Black and Gold power play.

Peter Chiarelli indicated to reporters earlier this summer that Krug, and Smith, might have to settle for short money next season, and then get rewarded with the bigger, better contract while performing at the same level over the next couple of years. But perhaps there is one far-flung option for Krug, at least.

A source with knowledge of Krug’s negotiations told CSNNE.com that there’s been a sizeable offer made for the defenseman’s services by an unidentified KHL team. The offer, according to the source, included a good chunk of money up front as a signing bonus.

The KHL offer is certainly plausible given Krug’s high profile after finishing fourth in Calder Trophy voting, and could be part of the KHL’s ongoing determination to cherry pick disgruntled NHL players for the Russian Hockey League. It also wouldn’t be unprecedented this summer as former B’s forward Vladimir Sobotka bolted St. Louis for the KHL after becoming unhappy when the Blues offered him arbitration rather than a big money multi-year deal.

It’s highly, highly unlikely Krug would eschew both the NHL and the Bruins to hop in bed with a volatile KHL outfit that hasn’t always turned out to be the greatest fit for American-born hockey players. Krug doesn't really fit the profile of NHL players that bolt for Russia.

It may be, however, the one very long shot option for Krug if negotiations don’t turn out well between his camp and the current B’s front office that has always treated their players fairly in the past when given the chance."

I'll never give up my source...Nevah! ~ Haggs

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Source: Krug has received a big offer from KHL

" Boston’s dire salary cap situation"

Oh my word.  Relax, Haggs.  They're going to be just fine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

A dire salary cap situation to me would be having no room with players who are no longer effective taking up a good chunk of it. That is not the case here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[/QUOTE

A dire salary cap situation to me would be having no room with players who are no longer effective taking up a good chunk of it. That is not the case here.

Yep! I dunno how some of these writers keep their jobs sometimes. Is Haggs Stanley?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Haggs is a $hit-stirrer extraordinaire. I guess even bad publicity is still publicity. At the very least, I just wish the guy would take an ounce of pride in his appearance... he fulfills both definitions of troll.

Lets GO BRUINS!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

Haggs is a $hit-stirrer extraordinaire. I guess even bad publicity is still publicity. At the very least, I just wish the guy would take an ounce of pride in his appearance... he fulfills both definitions of troll.

Lets GO BRUINS!!!

Never understood how he can call himself a "Bruins insider" since he's right less often than Stanley with his predictions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Krug to the Kiev Rockets for $5mill per season and a years supply of Kevlar vests?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Haggs is mentally ill. Seriously, I think he's bi-polar.

Making a comparison to Sobotka is dumb. The KHL was always a heartbeat away and a viable option for him. He's czech. Not a big leap. Krug is from Michigan. His agent will try to act like the KHL offer is under serious consideration for negotiation purposes. They'll use it to get the most they can out of Boston but no way Krug would actually go. I bet PC has that figured out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Uh oh. Oh wait it's from haggs. Whatever, has Eklund confirmed?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Not gonna happen, if this happens i'll eat 2 large double pepperoni pizza's. Krug to the KHL? Crap@Haggs never disappoints.

You will never find a more wretched hive of SCUM and VILLAINY.

-Obi-Wan Kenobi

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

Haggs is mentally ill. Seriously, I think he's bi-polar.

+1!

Sections
Shortcuts