Speaking of Embellishing!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Speaking of Embellishing!

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Two guys come through together while Bishop has his head down.  He wouldn't know which one clipped him.  

Watch the video. Can the attitude.

[/QUOTE]

What are you seeing ? That's not even close to what happened. Zibanijed was ahead of the Sen and angled away from Bishop.

Why else would Bishop try to dive for the puck ? Because he couldn't see it was a Senator ? Incredibly stupid.

Forget watch the video for you . Just have some common sense on what unfolded on the play. Your reasoning doesn't make sense. 

P.S. If attitude and sarcasm is what it takes to convey what I want to express and you don't like it..............oh well . F.... it. Cry me a river.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

to fake it.

[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying is you know what degree of pain Bishop should've felt because of what you saw ?

That's one of the stupidest thoughts you've ever had........and there have been many.

Some injuries don't always look that bad to the eye..........but they still cause the pain the athelete feels.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

Ever since his return from hiatus, he's just been full of garbage.

[/QUOTE]

If full of garbage means have an alternative opinion which challenges some of the stupid comments that others have ?

Yep, that's me..............full of garbage. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

If full of garbage means have an alternative opinion which challenges some of the stupid comments that others have ?

Yep, that's me..............full of garbage. 

[/QUOTE]

Nah, it's your new approach.  You rarely post anything that is relevant or interesting.  The majority of your posts are dukes up.  It's unnecessary.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

More contact than Thornton/Orpik...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Totally disagree with the original premise on this one.  Wouldn't make any embellisment list of mine.

Several reasons.  First, there's no reasonable "call" to be made on the play that could result in a penalty anyway.  What is there to embellish?  Second, these guys don't embellish among themselves.  If management felt there was even a remote possibility he was "embarassed", or "decided to take the game off"....he sure as Hell wouldn't be back in next game.  That totally disrepects your teamates, and the club in general.  Eating some crow is part of being a professional, and that play doesn't make any snafu hi-lite reel either. 

Number 3, see Orpik.  Looks to me, the goalie got clipped a lot more severly than BO did.  We don't know jack about head injury, but we've seen over and over, that serious injury, or some form of injury can result from incidents that don't appear that violent.  Is it possible to be dazed without suffering a concussion?  I don't know, but assume so, and this guy could easily have been dazed.  Teams are expected to excercise caution in any situation like that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

P.S. If attitude and sarcasm is what it takes to convey what I want to express and you don't like it..............oh well . F.... it. Cry me a river.

[/QUOTE]

You're so tough now.  I love this new personality you're trying out.  Just wait 'til word gets around the playground about what a badazz you are...

Bishop has no idea who clipped him, Chowdah.  Watch it again.  

And give the new personality a little rest it.  It's lame.  I know you don't care about nothin' or no one anymore, but I liked the old Chowdah better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]

Bishop has no idea who clipped him, 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can buy that, but if I do, it further shoots holes in the whole theory of embellishing a penalty.  Embellishing is just that,  exagerating an infraction, not the art of creating one out of nothing. 

The conspiracy theories just don't hold water.  When we watch the play again in slo-mo, look at the score, note the time of the game, consider the culture of team....the most logical "maybe", is that Bishop somewhat got his bell rung.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[/QUOTE]

The head and neck area are sensitive areas which don't take much to be injured.

You have your scenario I have mine.

I got slew footed and hit my head on the ice. The guys were razzing me about it saying "to get up because it didn't look that bad"

I ended up in ER for 8 hours with a neck collar on suffering from spasms to my neck while getting xrays and a MRI.

Ever since then, when people say " he's not hurt " I think, " ya okay that's pretty stupid, can you feel his pain ?"

[/QUOTE]

Wuss

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

OTTAWA -- Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop left the game against the Ottawa Senators on Thursday at 1:49 of the first period after he was struck on the back of the head by teammate Nikita Kucherov's skate.

He did not return to the game.

"At the beginning I didn't feel good at all, kind of real weak," Bishop said. "I kind of have my bearings now and feel good, just a little bit of a headache. I think it's gotten better as the game has gone on, so hopefully I'll wake up (Friday) and feel good and hopefully be able to practice."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

You're so tough now.  I love this new personality you're trying out.  Just wait 'til word gets around the playground about what a badazz you are...

Bishop has no idea who clipped him, Chowdah.  Watch it again.  

And give the new personality a little rest it.  It's lame.  I know you don't care about nothin' or no one anymore, but I liked the old Chowdah better.

[/QUOTE]

Are you finished ragging about the old me vs. the new me ? Feel better ? Good.....now  can the attitude. 

Now maybe you can give something better then your  "go back and watch the video" and "he didn't see it" approach . That sounds more like a " because I said so" answer.

I've given more reasoning behind my thinking then that.

And apparently by his interview ^^^^^^^^ he was hurt..........unless you want to claim he's now a liar besides being a faker who tries to embellish ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[

Nah, it's your new approach.  You rarely post anything that is relevant or interesting.  The majority of your posts are dukes up.  It's unnecessary.

[/QUOTE]

Irrelevant or not interesting ? 

Ha ......why are you reading them then ? Makes a lot of sense.

I'm a perfect candidate for being one of the posters (you talk about) that you have on ignore ?   

See that little icon down to the bottom right ? Push it ...........it's the answer to having to read all "my garbage".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to stevegm's comment: 

The conspiracy theories just don't hold water.  When we watch the play again in slo-mo, look at the score, note the time of the game, consider the culture of team....the most logical "maybe", is that Bishop somewhat got his bell rung.

[/QUOTE]

Don't bother.

BDC egotism prevails over common sense in this conversation.

Why try to reason with that ?

Bishop has stated he was hurt. Because of what you've stated above plus more I'm convinced with the thinking that this injury was legit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

Wuss

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your concern !

This wuss still has a messed up neck to this day.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I never said that Bishop wasn't hurt on the play (as opposed to be 'injured').  I think he got clipped in the head and it may have hurt.  I also think he made a conscious decision to stay down rather than try to dive back into the net.  If his head hit the ice (like yours did) that's a different thing.  It didn't, and it barely moved from the impact.  I hate to call a guy like that a liar, but I doubt he was injured and unable to play.  I think it was a preference, perhaps based on some pain.

If you don't understand that he couldn't tell which guy clipped him...watch the video.

Chowdah, I'm just hopeful that you can blend your new desire to be the badazz around here with the hockey logic and knowledge that used to be the primary feature of your posting.  We already have plenty of the former around here, and not much of the latter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

P.S. I hope you recover from your injuries.  Been there and it's no fun.  Headed for my third surgery in three years, in a few months, all from a sports injury.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Chowdah, I'm just hopeful that you can blend your new desire to be the badazz around here 

[/QUOTE]

You are confusing "a new desire to be the badazz around here" with my desire to point out comments/opinions that I think are grossly wrong............with a mix of sarcasm, attitude and crankiness of course. 

P.S.

I'm hopeful that you can blend in your current Fletch with the old Fletch who used to be spot on with his thoughts the majority of the time. 

I miss him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's amazing that people are just going with "he must be hurt because he said so."

The NHL goalie flop is NBA-esque.  These dopes wear gear that keeps them safe against 100MPH shots, yet a player bumps them and the search is out for Lee Harvey Oswald.

My theory, guess, idea on Bishop's thought process:

1.  Get that puck.

2.  I can't believe he touched me.

3.  I'm gonna draw a penalty.

GOAL HORN

4.  Oh crap.  I can't get up now.

5.  I'm going to stay down so people don't think I'm faking.

And that was that. 

Mike Smith Flop

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

You just keep saying the same things, without any consideration to more plausible options.  The 2 most obvious are

1.  Who exactly is he trying to get the penalty called on.

2.  What would his teamates and management think of him if he's deciding to take the "game off", after 1 goal, 2 minutes in, that's entirely his fault.  Do you think you've picked something out there, that 17 other teamates, videographers, coaches, managers, trainers, assistants and more....all missed?  Ya think they would have started him next game, after a stunt that selfish and immature?

To say he stayed down in an attempt to get a whistle could be construed as a possible explanation, but when he leaves the game, and doesn't come back, logic kicks in and throws that option out the window.

If theres some sort of real or perceived infraction on the play that wasn't called, yes, maybe the team keeps him out, to try and send a message to the league, or the refs, but there's none of that in this case.  Zero.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

It's amazing that people are just going with "he must be hurt because he said so."

The NHL goalie flop is NBA-esque.  These dopes wear gear that keeps them safe against 100MPH shots, yet a player bumps them and the search is out for Lee Harvey Oswald.

My theory, guess, idea on Bishop's thought process:

1.  Get that puck.

2.  I can't believe he touched me.

3.  I'm gonna draw a penalty.

GOAL HORN

4.  Oh crap.  I can't get up now.

5.  I'm going to stay down so people don't think I'm faking.

And that was that. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm sticking with the "because Bishop says so" theory rather then the "NAS says so" idea. 

You tend to sensationalize things just a tad. eg. Caron

This is nothing more then a player getting dinged.

End of story.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

And all that gear you're speaking of...irrelevant, off topic, exageration.

As you well know, the point of contact was the back of the head.  Very little in the form of protection there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

You just keep saying the same things, without any consideration to more plausible options.  The 2 most obvious are

1.  Who exactly is he trying to get the penalty called on.

2.  What would his teamates and management think of him if he's deciding to take the "game off", after 1 goal, 2 minutes in, that's entirely his fault.  Do you think you've picked something out there, that 17 other teamates, videographers, coaches, managers, trainers, assistants and more....all missed?  Ya think they would have started him next game, after a stunt that selfish and immature?

To say he stayed down in an attempt to get a whistle could be construed as a possible explanation, but when he leaves the game, and doesn't come back, logic kicks in and throws that option out the window.

If theres some sort of real or perceived infraction on the play that wasn't called, yes, maybe the team keeps him out, to try and send a message to the league, or the refs, but there's none of that in this case.  Zero.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Nothing more then a witch hunt.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

As you well know, the point of contact was the back of the head.  Very little in the form of protection there.

[/QUOTE]

The impact was so slight that his head barely moved.

If a guy is knocked out, I would expect him to lay motionless.

If a guy gets tapped or even whacked in the back of the head, why would he lay there motionless for a long time?  No reports say he was out.  If he wasn't knocked out, why didn't he get up and try to get back to the crease?

Trying to draw a penalty, failed, scored against, embarrassed, left the ice to sell it.

If he was hurt so badly that he couldn't move upon impact and was forced to leave the game, don't you think they would have held him out for a while?  Nope, back in the next game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm sticking with the "because Bishop says so" theory rather then the "NAS says so" idea. 

You tend to sensationalize things just a tad. eg. Caron

This is nothing more then a player getting dinged.

End of story.  

[/QUOTE]

Your opinion used to hold some weight around here, but I agree, this is nothing more than a player getting dinged.

He should have gotten right back up and tried to get to the crease. Greg Campbell hobbled around on a broken leg to kill a penalty.  Bishop gets dinged in the head while wearing a helmet and he's DOA.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The impact was so slight that his head barely moved.

If a guy is knocked out, I would expect him to lay motionless.

If a guy gets tapped or even whacked in the back of the head, why would he lay there motionless for a long time?  No reports say he was out.  If he wasn't knocked out, why didn't he get up and try to get back to the crease?

Trying to draw a penalty, failed, scored against, embarrassed, left the ice to sell it.

If he was hurt so badly that he couldn't move upon impact and was forced to leave the game, don't you think they would have held him out for a while?  Nope, back in the next game.

[/QUOTE]
    Hmmm..now this is starting to sound like a certain guy in Pittsburg who's head barely moved! But, you had the opposite feeling about that. Strange.

Sections
Shortcuts