Speaking of the last two minutes...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Speaking of the last two minutes...

Yeah, Julien, be sure to have Hamill on the ice when you are down by a goal with less than two minutes left.

Brilliiant.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Speaking of the last two minutes...

Did it look like both Claude and Goeff were out of touch with the game??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

...not a coaching decision...

...for the scouts...a showcase

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Speaking of the last two minutes...:
    ...not a coaching decision... ...for the scouts...a showcase
    Posted by Awry

That doensn't make any sense.  If they were showcasing him for a trade, he would have played more during the early part of the game.

Teams don't throw away chances to win so a rookie can play in the final two minutes.

It's just bad coaching.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

I think the Bruins know what they have or don't have in Hamill. I think they've made up their mind about Hamill and are positioning themselves to move him. My evidence is only that they have shown far less patience with far more promising prospects.

I think, it's what the other teams don't know about Hamill that they're trying to exploit. Scouts are lazy, they see a Coach giving a guy end-of-a-tight game minutes and they assume he's (Hamill) an end-of-a-tight game guy.

The Bruins will be looking at any and all possibilities at Centre, over the next few weeks, from within and from without. Or, from within THEN without.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i don't think the coach would sacrifice a win just to showcase a prospect. if the coach didn't care about winning games, he'd have seguin out there 20 minutes a night so he could work on his game and improve.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

It's a bird flip at PC for making him take Hamill out of Prov instead of Whitfield.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think the Bruins know what they have or don't have in Hamill. I think they've made up their mind about Hamill and are positioning themselves to move him. My evidence is only that they have shown far less patience with far more promising prospects. I think, it's what the other teams don't know about Hamill that they're trying to exploit. Scouts are lazy, they see a Coach giving a guy end-of-a-tight game minutes and they assume he's (Hamill) an end-of-a-tight game guy. The Bruins will be looking at any and all possibilities at Centre, over the next few weeks, from within and from without. Or, from within THEN without.
    Posted by Awry

1.  Which promising prospects have they show less patience in?

2.  How have they shown patience with Hamill?

3.  Scouts are lazy.  Okay.  Right.  A scout is going to tell a GM to trade for Player A or to take Player A in a deal because he read the time on ice charts and saw ice time at the end of a game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

i don't think the coach would sacrifice a win just to showcase a prospect. if the coach didn't care about winning games, he'd have seguin out there 20 minutes a night so he could work on his game and improve.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

I don't think it is sacrificing a win to play a new guy in a crucial situation.  He was giving Hammil a chance to see how he responds to playing the last couple of minutes when the team needs offense.  The team is in a good position in the standings, the 2 points were not vital.  Long term thinking that's all. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

He was passing and skating better than Krejci last night, and hell other than the Bergeron line, he was probably the only forward who looked like they were trying to win every shift.

In Response to Speaking of the last two minutes...:
    Yeah, Julien, be sure to have Hamill on the ice when you are down by a goal with less than two minutes left. Brilliiant.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He was passing and skating better than Krejci last night, and hell other than the Bergeron line, he was probably the only forward who looked like they were trying to win every shift. In Response to Speaking of the last two minutes... :
    Posted by bandgbleeder

100% unproven disappointing draft pick in his second NHL game, first of the year.

He belongs on the bench when the game is on the line.  This is as ridiculous as the time Ben Walter was used in the shootout.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

"1.  Which promising prospects have they show less patience in?

2.  How have they shown patience with Hamill?

3.  Scouts are lazy.  Okay.  Right.  A scout is going to tell a GM to trade for Player A or to take Player A in a deal because he read the time on ice charts and saw ice time at the end of a game."
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    'Not-A-Shot'
    1. Perhaps, I should have said, 'shown more confidence'. with one shift, Zach Hamill has now spent more time in the last two minutes of a Bruins  game than Tyler Seguin has all year.

2. Julien showed 'confidence' (or was plaing 'at' a confidence) in Hamill by having him out there in the last two minutes

3. I said, 'scouts are lazy'. Perhaps, unfair.  You said the rest. But, yes, a scout is going to take the 'time on the ice charts' into consideration among other  considerations.

My larger point is that I'm afraid, I just don't 'believe' that Chiarelli or Julien  'believe' that Zach Hamill has turned a corner or that he is the solution from within thay need at Centre OR that they even believe their Savard replacement presently resides in the Bruins organization.
    If I'm wrong and if they're wrong and Zach Hamill IS all those things, they keep him, play him and win.
    Otherwise they showcase him get him some NHL minutes - and the illusion of 'important' NHL minutes - and they ship him out as part of a package that gets them what they need.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The whole "showcasing him for a trade" was created right here in our own stupid forum. 

Maybe it's, "Look, before we go trading for this player or that player, let's see if we can use someone from Providence.  Krejci came out of nowhere.  Maybe Hamill can?  Maybe Colborne can?  Let's find out."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Not only Hamill on the ice with less than two minutes but Julien made a line change with 46 seconds left this what worries me about Julien in tight games he panics it's pathetic to watch.

LMAO GOAT Claude's guy was probably texting from the Dunk dressing game "we've lost two in a row without Zack! Take me, Take me..."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

'Not-A-Shot'
    Yup, don't disagree. And in the name of restating the premise: Maybe Hamill comes out of nowhere and gives Chiarelli AND Julien that much more leverage to improve their roster, keeping him or moving him.

And 'stupid forum'? Yup, absolutely - also known as: guesses posing as prescience, sold with good spelling and syntax and if that fails, insult. 

And in this way, we all get to play

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Not only Hamill on the ice with less than two minutes but Julien made a line change with 46 seconds left this what worries me about Julien in tight games he panics it's pathetic to watch. LMAO GOAT Claude's guy was probably texting from the Dunk dressing game "we've lost two in a row without Zack! Take me, Take me..."
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

That was a rough line change , kind of took away any momentum going into the Sharks zone and gave them open ice to counter. 
    Hey,  let's hope this is not our killer in the playoffs this season (aka too many men on the ice).

As for Hamill, well he played good enough to be noticed but not good enough to be in there with less than two minutes to go.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

He was passing and skating better than Krejci last night, and hell other than the Bergeron line, he was probably the only forward who looked like they were trying to win every shift. In Response to Speaking of the last two minutes... :
    Posted by bandgbleeder

Which game were watching yesterday?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Speaking of the last two minutes... : I don't think it is sacrificing a win to play a new guy in a crucial situation.  He was giving Hammil a chance to see how he responds to playing the last couple of minutes when the team needs offense.  The team is in a good position in the standings, the 2 points were not vital.  Long term thinking that's all. 
    Posted by scooter244

all points are vital. most of the teams in both conferences are just a losing streak away from being out of the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

This is my biggest complaint about Julien. Some of the lines/players he sends over the boards late in a tight game is maddening. There is no justification for sending Hamill out in that game at that time. None.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

DAM YOU NAS! I was hoping nobody noticed that! I just came back from not watching because of CJ. I gave my word I wouldn't bad mouth him until the end of the season & I wouldn't at all if the B's win at least on game in the 3rd rd.
    So even though I want to....I can't do anything except Sealed

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

DAM YOU NAS! I was hoping nobody noticed that! I just came back from not watching because of CJ. I gave my word I wouldn't bad mouth him until the end of the season & I wouldn't at all if the B's win at least on game in the 3rd rd. So even though I want to....I can't do anything except
    Posted by nitemare-38

Like the players,a coach is bound to make mistakes.I think he can lead us past the 2nd round this year......hope I don't have to eat my words.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Speaking of the last two minutes... : Like the players,a coach is bound to make mistakes.I think he can lead us past the 2nd round this year......hope I don't have to eat my words.
    Posted by dezaruchi

He didn't make a mistake.  It's not as if he meant to send out someone else or he didn't know how much time was left.  It was intentional.  And stupid.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Speaking of the last two minutes... : He didn't make a mistake.  It's not as if he meant to send out someone else or he didn't know how much time was left.  It was intentional.  And stupid.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Every coach is second guessed after every decision aren't they?Isn't that what the whole armchair QB is all about? This is really no different.He made a decision that you,as a fan,didn't agree with.You think he's stupid.He likely thinks he's a better coach than us.What can you do?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Speaking of the last two minutes... : Every coach is second guessed after every decision aren't they?Isn't that what the whole armchair QB is all about? This is really no different.He made a decision that you,as a fan,didn't agree with.You think he's stupid.He likely thinks he's a better coach than us.What can you do?
    Posted by dezaruchi

Did the B's score with Hamill on the ice in the last two minutes?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Speaking of the last two minutes... : Did the B's score with Hamill on the ice in the last two minutes?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Did they score when he wasn't on the ice?

Sections
Shortcuts