Spezza releases teams he won't go to.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Spezza releases teams he won't go to.

There's 15 in total apparently and in that 10 it's every Canadian team. So, this obviously shows his true character.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Spezza releases teams he won't go to.

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There's 15 in total apparently and in that 10 it's every Canadian team. So, this obviously shows his true character.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

[/QUOTE]

He sure does show his true character.  He wants to win and doesn't want to play for the Habs.

Edmonton:  Losers

Calgary:  Losers

Winnipeg:  Losers

Toronto:  Losers

Monteal:  No class

If given the choice, why would someone want to play for any of those teams?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He sure does show his true character.  He wants to win and doesn't want to play for the Habs.

Edmonton:  Losers

Calgary:  Losers

Winnipeg:  Losers

Toronto:  Losers

Monteal:  No class

If given the choice, why would someone want to play for any of those teams?

[/QUOTE]

LOL! How scary you & I thinking the same way. I wanted to see if someone would take it the other way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

no sHabs....  good decision Jason!!!!

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

From SI

Dreger says that list includes the other six Canadian teams as well as the New York Islanders, Nashville Predators, Columbus Blue Jackets, and Florida Panthers. The identity of the two other American-based teams is unknown, but a player agent unaffiliated with Spezza’s camp speculated that the Buffalo Sabres and New Jersey Devils were the most likely choices.

However, Steve Lloyd of TSN 1200 in Ottawa says he’s hearing that Spezza left Montreal and Toronto off his list because of the extremely remote chance that the Sens would be willing to trade their leading scorer to an arch-rival. In effect, that expands his no-trade list to 12 teams–a nice play by Spezza and his agent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

From SI

Dreger says that list includes the other six Canadian teams as well as the New York Islanders, Nashville Predators, Columbus Blue Jackets, and Florida Panthers. The identity of the two other American-based teams is unknown, but a player agent unaffiliated with Spezza’s camp speculated that the Buffalo Sabres and New Jersey Devils were the most likely choices.

However, Steve Lloyd of TSN 1200 in Ottawa says he’s hearing that Spezza left Montreal and Toronto off his list because of the extremely remote chance that the Sens would be willing to trade their leading scorer to an arch-rival. In effect, that expands his no-trade list to 12 teams–a nice play by Spezza and his agent.

[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why he would say the Jackets. I think that team is well on it's on way. And as far as not having Mon & Tor, because of them being rivals. Why aren't the Bruins on his list then? What I've been hearing all day is that he got tired of being blamed for everything wrong in Ottawa, but at the same time he refused to listen to his teammates & Bryan Murray about not reading & listening to the hockey media world. So, he has a double edge sword going on. He wants to go to a contender, where he won't be the go-to guy, but also to a place where hockey isn't that big & he can walk around in peace. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Anyone care to guess the American teams?

My picks: Arizona, CBJ, FLA (sorry NAS), Carolina, Islanders

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I personally don't like the idea of a player demanding a trade but only to a certain list of teams. It puts his team in a bit of a bind, regardless of how big the list is. If a player has a NMC and his team wants to trade him then a list of choices makes perfect sense. They should tell Spezza that if he wants out, he's going to end up on whatever team offers the best deal.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I agree Dez but a contract is a contract. Murray accepted the clauses when he signed Spezza and that is his right as a player.

Don't hate the playah hate the game...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He has a right to name 10, so is he adding 5 and saying "don't bother" because he'll go old school and not report?  That would also say something about his character.

I'm always of two minds about this stuff.  I do think a veteran player should have a say in where he plays, especially if it's a negotiated benefit.  I despise players making those decisions based on "wanting to win".  Hey, Jason?  You want to win?  Play better.  Don't disappear against physical teams and in big games.  Try back-checking once in a while.  Lead by example.  This is actually the kind of situation that is at the nadir of my respect because he's a guy who doesn't seem to acknowledge that he can be better and maybe he should be better.  Why does he want out?  Because Paul McLean was willing to say publicly that his Captain needed to be better if they were going to be a playoff team.  That he had to play hard every night.  Because he's already a lightning rod for criticism because of his ridiculous pond hockey plays that work once for every three that lead to great scoring chances the other way and his overall softness.  In other words, he was asked to do more if he wanted to win, and his answer was to ask to be traded to another team where he thinks that hard stuff will be taken care of by someone else.

I find that that's a loser's attitude.

I loved watching the Heat lose this year because they were the ultimate FA spending spree team in maybe the only sport where you can win with three guys and a bunch of scrubs if the three guys are good enough.

Are you not entertained?!?!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree Dez but a contract is a contract. Murray accepted the clauses when he signed Spezza and that is his right as a player.

[/QUOTE]

Does Spezza have some sort of opt-out clause in his contract?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

He has both an NMC and a modified NTC which allows him to provide a list of where he wont be moved to:

http://www.capgeek.com/senators/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm with dez.  I would write the contract so that it explicitly states that if the player evokes his right to request a trade, then the NTC provisions are logically rendered voided by the player.

I'd feel bad for Ottawa if I gave to sh--s about that team.  Heatley did this to them not so long ago, and they got much less than they would have for him because of it.

[object HTMLDivElement]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm with dez.  I would write the contract so that it explicitly states that if the player evokes his right to request a trade, then the NTC provisions are logically rendered voided by the player.

I'd feel bad for Ottawa if I gave to sh--s about that team.  Heatley did this to them not so long ago, and they got much less than they would have for him because of it.

[/QUOTE]

Players demanding to be moved has been very much a part of their history....starting with Yashin.

I think fans are coming to expect it...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Looks like St. Louis is his fav, followed by Anaheim:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-st-louis-blues-top-choice-for-jason-spezza-trade/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:[QUOTE] I personally don't like the idea of a player demanding a trade but only to a certain list of teams. It puts his team in a bit of a bind, regardless of how big the list is. If a player has a NMC and his team wants to trade him then a list of choices makes perfect sense. They should tell Spezza that if he wants out, he's going to end up on whatever team offers the best deal. [/QUOTE]

Especially with that cap hit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I personally don't like the idea of a player demanding a trade but only to a certain list of teams. It puts his team in a bit of a bind, regardless of how big the list is. 

-Gerry Dee

Look at Marty St. Louis,wanted to be traded but the list of teams he didn't want to be traded to was 29,now that is putting a team in a bind.Selfish.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I personally don't like the idea of a player demanding a trade but only to a certain list of teams. It puts his team in a bit of a bind, regardless of how big the list is. If a player has a NMC and his team wants to trade him then a list of choices makes perfect sense. They should tell Spezza that if he wants out, he's going to end up on whatever team offers the best deal.

-Gerry Dee

[/QUOTE]

The trade demand should not have been made public and neither should the list of teams. I wonder if his agent was upset about the team going public with his trade demand he put the list out there. Either way, both wrong moves.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He has a right to name 10, so is he adding 5 and saying "don't bother" because he'll go old school and not report?  That would also say something about his character.

I'm always of two minds about this stuff.  I do think a veteran player should have a say in where he plays, especially if it's a negotiated benefit.  I despise players making those decisions based on "wanting to win".  Hey, Jason?  You want to win?  Play better.  Don't disappear against physical teams and in big games.  Try back-checking once in a while.  Lead by example.  This is actually the kind of situation that is at the nadir of my respect because he's a guy who doesn't seem to acknowledge that he can be better and maybe he should be better.  Why does he want out?  Because Paul McLean was willing to say publicly that his Captain needed to be better if they were going to be a playoff team.  That he had to play hard every night.  Because he's already a lightning rod for criticism because of his ridiculous pond hockey plays that work once for every three that lead to great scoring chances the other way and his overall softness.  In other words, he was asked to do more if he wanted to win, and his answer was to ask to be traded to another team where he thinks that hard stuff will be taken care of by someone else.

I find that that's a loser's attitude.

I loved watching the Heat lose this year because they were the ultimate FA spending spree team in maybe the only sport where you can win with three guys and a bunch of scrubs if the three guys are good enough.

[/QUOTE]

I loved hearing that the Heat lost this year as I couldn't be bothered watching a second of that stupid league.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The trade demand should not have been made public and neither should the list of teams. I wonder if his agent was upset about the team going public with his trade demand he put the list out there. Either way, both wrong moves.

[/QUOTE]

I think you may be on to something here...the way both sides are handling this seems way too public so far for sure.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I dislike the NMCs and the LMCs.  However, if GMs sign the deals, I have no issue with the player using them.

Book, Spezza could play like Gretzky on Latvian juice and it wouldn't help a terrible team like...Calgary!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I dislike the NMCs and the LMCs.  However, if GMs sign the deals, I have no issue with the player using them.

Book, Spezza could play like Gretzky on Latvian juice and it wouldn't help a terrible team like...Calgary!

Calgary is lousy & I hate their fans, but where they lacked talent they certainly worked their tails off every single game. Most fans I speak to about the Flames were quite pleased with their effort. Nobody threw in the towel just because they were labelled to be lousy. The Panthers were a team that just mailed it in most nights! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Well, I won't argue that the Flames don't suck.  But I will say two things about this scenario: Spaz is a UFA next year, so if he doesn't like where he's been traded to, he can walk away then; but if the deal included an extension - say $6.5M/5yrs - then it says very little about Spaz's opinion of himself that he thinks Calgary can't win within that time frame with him as a #1C.  Doesn't it?

They have $32M in cap space right now.  $25M after adding Spezza, and $19M if they re-sign Cammalleri.  They could roll out a top line of Vanek-Spezza-Cammalleri and still have $11+M.  Draft Sam Bennett and they can roll out a kid line of Mr. No Pullups, Monahan and Backlund - that's a lot of talent but not much maturity this year, but huge potential for next year.  Hudler, Glencross and Stajan give them some credible second line talent and Gaudreau is going to be an interesting rook to watch next year.  Throw in McGrattan, Colborne and Galiardi (another $3M) and you have a reasonably competitive forward group.  Spend $6M of the $8M you have left on Miller to backstop a loopy defense, and get a new coach because Hartley isn't the right fit for this group - hardly a gritty, in your face team, but lots of skill and potential to grow.  Would Burke go to the Wilson well again?

If Spezza plays like Gretzky, they'll make the playoffs with this roster.  If he plays like Gretzky on Latvian juice, they might win a round.

And in a couple of years with a fully operational kid line, an NHL tested Gaudreau, and some better moves to improve the D, they could be in a better position than a few of the clubs not on Spaz's list.

Want to be a winner?  Play like one, Spaz.  Build it, don't swoop in and photobomb the Cup shot. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Even with those top 6 forwards Burke would have to add some real good Dmen to make the playoffs.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

What, Dennis Wideman as your number 1 D doesn't get you into the playoffs?

Sections
Shortcuts