Re: Spezza to Dallas

In response to lucdufour's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Courtesy tsn.ca

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

[/QUOTE]They're talking three players and cash

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The Senators will receive Alex Chiasson, Alexander Guptill, Nicholas Paul and second round pick in 2015. Ludwig Karlsson is headed to Dallas alongside Spezza.

Spezza, Benn, and Seguin....plenty of firepower at the expense of some depth

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

7M cap hit traded for .9Mcap hit. Is Ottawa making room for someone, or are they going cheap and bad for the next 5 years?

Chaisson was also the worst +/- player on the entire team. I know it can be a misleading stat, but being the worst, is probably not good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Plenty more to disappear in the playoffs. 4 goals in his last 20 playoff games, Tyler won't be so lonely.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BigBadnBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

7M cap hit traded for .9Mcap hit. Is Ottawa making room for someone, or are they going cheap and bad for the next 5 years?

Chaisson was also the worst +/- player on the entire team. I know it can be a misleading stat, but being the worst, is probably not good.

[/QUOTE]

I said this a while back that ottawa should rebuild.  Deal Ryan, Anderson, Neil, Phillips and anyone older that can bring in a player.  The Players Ottawa got isnt a great start.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Plenty more to disappear in the playoffs. 4 goals in his last 20 playoff games, Tyler won't be so lonely.

[/QUOTE]

I think their goal may be just to get to the playoffs in multiple seasons...for that the likes of Spezza works

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

"The Texas Chaisson Massacre" Just heard that from Jeff Marek on Hockey Central.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:[QUOTE] Plenty more to disappear in the playoffs. 4 goals in his last 20 playoff games, Tyler won't be so lonely. [/QUOTE]

I think their goal may be just to get to the playoffs in multiple seasons...for that the likes of Spezza works[/QUOTE]

The way Harry Sinden did it for years. Just get to the playoffs, what a great record.

Something to be very proud of.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I could be wrong but I thought I had read that the B's asked for Chiasson as part of the package for Seguin.