Spooner & Khokhlachev

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Spooner & Khokhlachev

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good piece by Haggs today where Bruce Cassidy talks about the prospects and even how sees potential wingers in the group.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/nhl-notes-look-young-bs-forwards-pushing-jobs" rel="nofollow">http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/nhl-notes-look-young-bs-forwards-pushing-jobs

[/QUOTE]

Nice article. Though it was not exactly a ringing endorsement of whether both Spooner and Koko can play effectively on the wing or not unfortunately. "it will have to play itself out" or "time will tell" is not quite "yes they can."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Claudorr. Show Claudorr's posts

Give these two guys a chance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Watch spooner play an nhl game, then watch Kelly and tell me who's more offensively gifted

[/QUOTE]

Watch Kelly score an NHL goal and tell me who's more offensively gifted.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you are being unreasonable.  Would he has impressed you if it was 1 goal and no assists?

11 assists is something.

Projected out over an 82 game schedule that 40 assists if it went to that extreme.

11 assists in 23 is one kind of productivity.

With some patience the goals will come, and if he can keep the same pace with the assists that will be fine.

Certainly I think Caron deserves more NAS wrath and ire than Spooner.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I would love to see Spooner or Koko emerge this year and contribute to the team. I think they might get a chance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you are being unreasonable.  Would he has impressed you if it was 1 goal and no assists?

11 assists is something.

Projected out over an 82 game schedule that 40 assists if it went to that extreme.

With some patience the goals will come, and if he can keep the same pace with the assists that will be fine.

[/QUOTE]

No way! He's got 12 goals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Brad Marchand put up ZERO goals in his first 20 NHL games, and folks are already burying Spooner in the "can't score" category.  Spooner's problem isn't that he hasn't scored; it's that he hasn't scored YET.  

Give the kid a chance in camp.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brad Marchand put up ZERO goals in his first 20 NHL games, and folks are already burying Spooner in the "can't score" category.  Spooner's problem isn't that he hasn't scored; it's that he hasn't scored YET.  

[/QUOTE]

I like Spooner's chances to contribute at the NHL level. Goals will come.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

Back when Krejci started his NHL career he didn't score a goal in his first 40 games. 

Scoring his first goal didn't make him "more offensively gifted".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

11 assists is something.

[/QUOTE]

Of course he's being unreasonable, because it's me. Nas says ridiculously stupid things about my posts all the time. There was the whole gunnery vs mount st Charles thing, which was absurd, and now there's this. If anybody would like to tell me that Chris Kelly is a better nhl hockey player than Ryan spooner, I might agree with you. Anyone that thinks Chris Kelly is a more offensively gifted nhl hockey player than Ryan spooner should probably watch a few hockey games before publicly announcing their opinion. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Of course he's being unreasonable, because it's me. Nas says ridiculously stupid things about my posts all the time. 

[/QUOTE]

Join the crowd. 

I look forward to the replies from him for this reason alone. ^^^^^^^

Have fun with it. I do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The thing to remember with Miller is that he has to pass through waivers to go to Providence.  That's not likely to happen.

Are you not entertained?!?!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't believe in any rookies until they get it done.  The reason is simple:  Most don't.  As much as everyone is hoping Spooner has a great NHL rookie year to stick it down my throat, I'm hoping for the same.  My pessimism stems from history.  It's valid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Of course he's being unreasonable, because it's me. Nas says ridiculously stupid things about my posts all the time. There was the whole gunnery vs mount st Charles thing, which was absurd, and now there's this. If anybody would like to tell me that Chris Kelly is a better nhl hockey player than Ryan spooner, I might agree with you. Anyone that thinks Chris Kelly is a more offensively gifted nhl hockey player than Ryan spooner should probably watch a few hockey games before publicly announcing their opinion. 

[/QUOTE]

What are you basing your "I'M SO RIGHT IT'S CRAZY" boasts about Spooner on?  23 NHL games?  You should probably watch a few hockey games before swinging such a heavy hammer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Bruins comparisons to Spooner's 11 assists in his first 23 NHL games.

Their first 23 NHL games:

Soderberg 3+9=12

Krejci   0+6=6

R. Smith 3+1=4

Marchand 0+2=2

Lucic  1+1=2

Eriksson 3+4=7

Bergeron 6+8=14

and the recently departed Iginla 5+5=10

Only two ( Bergeron and a 28 year old Soderberg ) had more points in their first 23 games.

Two ( Marchand and Krejci ) had no goals.

One ( Lucic ) had no points in 22 of the 23 games. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My pessimism stems from history.  

[/QUOTE]

My optimism stems from history not being the same for everyone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Ya. I'm basing it on the sample size we have from spooner. It's a small one, but his tools alone make hi more offensively gifted Than Kelly. It's not that I'm saying he's an all star, but Kelly's skills, especially offensively have diminished enough that spooner is a better option.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Ya. I'm basing it on the sample size we have from spooner. It's a small one, but his tools alone make hi more offensively gifted Than Kelly. It's not that I'm saying he's an all star, but Kelly's skills, especially offensively have diminished enough that spooner is a better option.

[/QUOTE]

Which tools have you witnessed that justify these statements?  Are you using his 23 games, or are you also going by what "they" say?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Which tools have you witnessed that justify these statements?  Are you using his 23 games, or are you also going by what "they" say?

[/QUOTE]

Btw this is trolling. Do you get nesn down in that hell hole known as Florida? Grow up. You know what I'm talking about

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:[QUOTE]Good piece by Haggs today where Bruce Cassidy talks about the prospects and even how sees potential wingers in the group.[QUOTE]

Nice article. Though it was not exactly a ringing endorsement of whether both Spooner and Koko can play effectively on the wing or not unfortunately. "it will have to play itself out" or "time will tell" is not quite "yes they can."[/QUOTE]

Yah I would look to Stanley for information on prospects before I would go to Haggs. Hacks is a great knick name.

It will play itself out is correct but from Chiarelli's endorsement.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[QUOTE]

Bruins comparisons to Spooner's 11 assists in his first 23 NHL games.

Their first 23 NHL games:

Soderberg 3+9=12

Krejci   0+6=6

R. Smith 3+1=4

Marchand 0+2=2

Lucic  1+1=2

Eriksson 3+4=7

Bergeron 6+8=14

and the recently departed Iginla 5+5=10

Only two ( Bergeron and a 28 year old Soderberg ) had more points in their first 23 games.

Two ( Marchand and Krejci ) had no goals.

One ( Lucic ) had no points in 22 of the 23 games. [QUOTE]

Man I'm glad the Bruins didn't stick with those slow starters. Especially Marchand, I hear all he does now is give snow showers to goalies and needs to be traded away. 

And there is cell phone video of Brad slewfooting too. Just a ton of investigative evidence. David Caruso would be very proud.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Btw this is trolling. Do you get nesn down in that hell hole known as Florida? Grow up. You know what I'm talking about

[/QUOTE]

No, it's asking for clarification.  You say his tools alone make him better than Kelly.  What have you seen him do that supports this?

I heard here a couple of years ago that Jared Knight's tools make him...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

No, it's asking for clarification.  You say his tools alone make him better than Kelly.  What have you seen him do that supports this?

[/QUOTE]

.......... a very good player in junior.

Everyone who watched him would agree.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please point out where I said his tools make him a better player than Chris Kelly. It is trolling because you know exactly what I mean, and you probably agree with me

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

.......... a very good player in junior.

Everyone who watched him would agree.

[/QUOTE]

It's cute watching him try to change what I said and then change the player were talking about. Rusty-esque