Spooner assigned to Providence ....."unreal"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Spooner assigned to Providence .....

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I could be wrong, but Spooner being sent down tells me Eriksson is ready. If thats the case, then I have no problem with it, actually like it. Spooner is a top 6 guy, no sense having him play 3rd or 4th line here when he can play on the top line and PP unit in Providence.

Yep!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I disagree.

Fourth line minutes didn't hurt Marchand.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I disagree.

Fourth line minutes didn't hurt Marchand.

Spooner doesn't have Marchands jam to his game. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Caron is tied with Rask and Thornton for points.

Enough is enough.

Yeah and I suppose you cut Campbell because he's behind them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I could be wrong, but Spooner being sent down tells me Eriksson is ready. If thats the case, then I have no problem with it, actually like it. Spooner is a top 6 guy, no sense having him play 3rd or 4th line here when he can play on the top line and PP unit in Providence.

What you say makes perfect sense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Caron is tied with Rask and Thornton for points.

Enough is enough.

Yeah and I suppose you cut Campbell because he's behind them.

Well, that's interesting.

1.  NHL players don't get cut. 

2.  Campbell and Caron play different roles on different lines.

3.  No surprise that you're coming to the rescue of your hockey boyfriend.  You to a post about Caron is a moth to a street light.  The kid's an NHL failure but you refuse to admit it because you backed him with all of your gusto previously.

The third line is a problem.  Caron is part of it.  He's not good enough.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

The most skilled players don't make the best team.  They virtually never do.  Pretty much everyone understands that concept.  Why then, everytime some young'un comes up with a bit of skill, most here think it's the obvious move, to dump ST.

Cuz it obviously isn't.  For whatever reason, 30 teams seem to think they need an enforcer. The remaining players on those rosters kind of like the idea too. For the record, I don't disagree with anything pertaining to the litany of reasons why these dinosaurs shouldn't be put to sleep.  However........

What I do disagree with, is the notion that the Bruins should be the first team to go that route.  With where they stand in the pecking order of todays NHL, I think that would be incredibly stupid.  They are in the enviable position of having tremendous balance already.  Sure they have some tough players, but you don't want them in the box, or waste them dancing with other goons.  They don't need more talent to win more games...they just need better execution, and that ebbs and flows throughout a season.

If the industry considers ST one of the better clowns....if the players and management go out of their way singing this guys praise, and constantly crow about his importance to the overall product,...that's a pretty large sample size.... good enough for me.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I remember MarSHANDS call ups before he settled in on the 4th line. His stints in Boston were "blah" to put it mildly and then after a few weeks on the 4th line he finally got it.

It's not a bad place to start. I still don't think there is anything else for Spooner to learn in Providence. Start the apprenticeship now please.

"Ryan here is your apron and hammer. Shawn you go put a suit on and sit up there, way up there."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

[/QUOTE]
    The third line is a problem.  Caron is part of it.  He's not good enough.

[/QUOTE]
    The main problem has been Bergeron's line not scoring any goals.  I agree that Caron isn't very good.  But the line with him Smith and Kelly did a fine job.  Caron is similar to Paille in that I don't see the fit for him on a scoring line (Paille is better).  The third line becomes a grinder line with him on it.  But that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

stanley - here's what you don't get. on bad teams the forward group is seperated between top 6 and bottom 6. on a good team like the bruins its more like top 9 and bottom 3. Here are the forwards the bruins have that can play top 9. lucic, krejci, iginla, marchand, bergeron, eriksson, soderberg, kelly, smith, spooner, and maybe caron. The bottom 3. campbell, kelly, paille, thornton, caron. spooner has no spot when this team is healthy. thornton has nothing to do with spooner. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

stanley - here's what you don't get. on bad teams the forward group is seperated between top 6 and bottom 6. on a good team like the bruins its more like top 9 and bottom 3. Here are the forwards the bruins have that can play top 9. lucic, krejci, iginla, marchand, bergeron, eriksson, soderberg, kelly, smith, spooner, and maybe caron. The bottom 3. campbell, kelly, paille, thornton, caron. spooner has no spot when this team is healthy. thornton has nothing to do with spooner. 

What if Spooner is better than Loui ???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The bottom 3. campbell, kelly, paille, thornton, caron. spooner has no spot when this team is healthy. thornton has nothing to do with spooner.

Why did Chiarelli and Julien decide to put Marchand on the 4th line as he worked his way up ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Memeory is real bad these days, so don't hammer me if I'm wrong. But didnt Marchand start out on the 4th line went up and down and then came up and scored a couple of goals and play his way up. I really want to say an injury to someone expedited him, he got a chance and took advantage of it.
    Also, and again, memory, I don't recall Marchand being viewed as the offensive player Spooner is viewed as. Spooner is clearly an offensive player, I think having him on the 4th line will hurt his development.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

marchand and spooner, at that stages in their careers, were much different players. Marchand didn't really look like a top 6 guy. He was a grinding agitator. He was a fourth line player. Then he proved that he had another level offensively and he became top six. Spooner isn't exactly soft but his game isn't predicated on grinding. 

Stanley. What if Spooner is better than Eriksson? I've been away for a couple weeks, posted twice, and I already hate you again. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Stanley. What if Spooner is better than Eriksson? I've been away for a couple weeks, posted twice, and I already hate you again. 

Hating Stanley is sad.  He's not someone to hate.  Tools like IPOTinIL or Rusty?  Sure.  Marco and all of his previous usernames?  Sure.  Stanely?  He's a passionate B's fan with an odd sense of understanding of the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Hating Stanley is sad.  He's not someone to hate.  Tools like IPOTinIL or Rusty?  Sure.  Marco and all of his previous usernames?  Sure.  Stanely?  He's a passionate B's fan with an odd sense of understanding of the game.

i was speaking in hyperbole. but c'mon. eriksson over spooner is just so easy. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

and, there have been times where stanley starts 8 threads on the same thing in one day where he's been very hateable. 

Sections
Shortcuts