Spooner centering Lucic and Horton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Spooner centering Lucic and Horton

Spooner gets the keys to the Bruins Cadillac.  A great chance for him to show why he's highly-regarded by the organization. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Wow, was I wrong!  I really can't believe this.

I hope he can do it!

HA ! You're freakin FRIED ! 

This is a new Julien , I'm also suprised . Wanted to see it but doubted it would happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Good, i hope the kid does well, it makes sense not to disturb the other lines. I wonder if he does well, how many scouts from other teams take notice with the deadline not too far away.

LOL.... love it ! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I hope he can do it!

In your defense, I really was high when you accused me of it.

No you were fried.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I hope he can do it!

In your defense, I really was high when you accused me of it.

No you were fried.

Pretty sure I know what I was BsL...........or do I?  :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Good, i hope the kid does well, it makes sense not to disturb the other lines.

Nothing can upset the 3rd line offensivly LoL

"I hope CJ has patience"

You pretty funny tonight as well Book! He's been at almost a point per game in Providence and I think at one point, maybe not now, he will be an NHL producer but more 3rd line material. I am excited to see him play and I excpect Horton n Lucic will get some sweet feeds.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/03/ryan_spooner_to.html

PS. I am very suprised by this move as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I like this move the more I think about it, Spooner is an offensive player getting a chance to play on a line expected to produce offnesivley. Perhaps if Lucic went down and Caron was inserted into his position we'd be talking about how good his play had been. Spooner will be going against better players but at least he'll have the kind of players around him that fit his game more, a luxury Caron does not have right now. i would love to see Caron get a few shifts on the power play as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I like the move too.  You can debate whether Spooner is ready for the NHL or not, but it seems like you need to put him with skilled offensive guys to give him a chance to succeed.  Bringing him up to play on a checking line doesn't really seem to benefit him or the Bruins.  I thought the same thing about Camper last year -- not sure if he belongs in the NHL or not but if they're giving him a tryout, they might as well put him on a scoring line and give him some PP time.  that's where the skill lies.  We know he's not a forechecking 3rd line grinder.

Of course, with the Bruins you could normally debate whether the 3rd line is a scoring line or a checking line (or neither this year...).  But I like putting Spooner in a position to play to his strengths.  He's supposed to be a crafty offensive talent.  You don't test out the kid's high-speed driving skills by putting him in a minivan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

and hey, no pressure on Spooner, none at all.  

After all, he has a ton of NHL experience, uh, one game...

Chill out people.  Don't get your expectations up too high - or just be reasonable in your expectations.  The kid is in the hot seat in my opinion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Chill out people.  Don't get your expectations up too high - or just be reasonable in your expectations.  The kid is in the hot seat in my opinion.

I know Chowdah wanted to post this but you beat him to it. He's now in his lazy-boy , feet up and excited his boy from the OHL is playing for the Bruins tonight. His wife doesn't give him the laptop after dinner.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Anticipation is high, like waiting for Santa.  Easter is coming as well, if there is not an immediate showing, the crucification will begin.

Hopefully he gets a couple of games at more than 5 minutes.   Give'r Spooner, I am in your corner, show us what you got.  Waiting 25 games for this.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Agreed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

well spooner got all of 1 shift before getting sat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I know Chowdah wanted to post this but you beat him to it. He's now in his lazy-boy , feet up and excited his boy from the OHL is playing for the Bruins tonight. His wife doesn't give him the laptop after dinner.

Actually, this is my choice. I prefer to keep my dinner in my stomach by avoiding your posts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Actually, this is my choice. I prefer to keep my dinner in my stomach by avoiding your posts.

yea yea yea, LOL,  your wife has the power ! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Looks like spooner improved as the game progressed, and should stay in the lineup even when Kreji returns. However he will need reasonable support such as Peverly and Paille. That could really be speed, but would need to improve finish. At the same time Campbell could work well with caron and nyone but Thornton.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

yea yea yea, LOL,  your wife has the power ! 

Okay, okay you're right. I confess, she has control of the computer after dinner...............she then reads your posts and she throws up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Okay, okay you're right. I confess, she has control of the computer after dinner...............she then reads your posts and she throws up.

LMAO... ok ok.. then what's your wife's name, I post something sweet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

well spooner got all of 1 shift before getting sat.

Am I understanding this right,  you're saying he took 1shift and then got benched ?

That 1 shift might have been very long if TOI was 15:29