Spooner recalled by Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfansince88. Show Bruinfansince88's posts

Spooner recalled by Bruins

Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver 16m

Ryan Spooner's been recalled from @AHLBruins by Boston this morning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Spooner recalled by Bruins

I guess Caron's turnover didn't go over too well!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Lots of possibilities for this.  It could be that another forward got banged-up last night, it could be Julien opting to bench the young player he perceives as costing a game (not unusual for him), or it could be they simply want to start carying a 13th forward again, now that they know Eriksson will miss at least a week.

Or maybe, just maybe, they are rewarding him for his play in Providence.  It seems like forever since a forward got that honor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, Doc, just ask SanDog - he'll tell ya.

I think it's been that long because, well, when was the last time the Bruins had a player in Providence who was outplaying that league?  Not just playing well in that league but outplaying it?  Making it look easy?  Maybe Krejci?  I think we've been looking for players to get the call for playing well in the AHL, but I agree with this management group that you need to do more than just play well.  You have to outplay that league to force a call up.  Svedberg pretty much did it last year, but it was hard enough finding playing time for Rask and Khudobin.  How do you tell either of those guys to sit for a night based on how they played in the NHL?

Hope Spooner plays tonight.  Hope he breaks the egg.  I think he should be on the second line with Marchand and Bergeron - let Smith try to rekindle the third line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Think you might be right on both Doc, a little of both. I remember after a hit Caron put on, I believe Orpik, he was keeled over a bit on the bench and then had some repairs on his battered knuckles. Also Bergeron looked beat up after a shift last night.

Either way it will be good to see what Spooner can do with either Kelly or Bergeron.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, Doc, just ask SanDog - he'll tell ya.

I think it's been that long because, well, when was the last time the Bruins had a player in Providence who was outplaying that league?  Not just playing well in that league but outplaying it?  Making it look easy?  Maybe Krejci?  I think we've been looking for players to get the call for playing well in the AHL, but I agree with this management group that you need to do more than just play well.  You have to outplay that league to force a call up.  Svedberg pretty much did it last year, but it was hard enough finding playing time for Rask and Khudobin.  How do you tell either of those guys to sit for a night based on how they played in the NHL?

Hope Spooner plays tonight.  Hope he breaks the egg.  I think he should be on the second line with Marchand and Bergeron - let Smith try to rekindle the third line.

[/QUOTE]

Excellent post. Put him on the second line, he's an offensive player. I'd like to see him get more than an audition to. Let him settle in and see what he does. Obviously alot can change if Eriksson comes back, but, he's ready, he's proved he's ready now he needs a shot and he's got it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Told yah!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

With everyone healthy, go with these lines:

Lucic - Krejci - Iginla

Marchand - Bergeron - Smith

Soderberg - Spooner - Eriksson

Paille - Campbell - Kelly

But why would they do that if they have Thornton???????????????????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No way is Eriksson dropping to the 3rd line when he gets back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

And what exactly has the Marchand-Bergeron-Smith line done to suggest that it's as much a lock as the Fat Elvis line?

Let Spooner play today, Saturday.  See what he does.  If he produces - not just "looks pretty good" or makes a nice pass or two but actually puts up points and makes a tangible contribution - then you have to look at keeping him around another week, maybe.  But they don't have a lot of wiggle room with the cap, so if they want him in Boston for a longer stretch, someone has to be sent down, meaning that he'll be exposed to waivers.  Not sure the Bruins want to ditch Caron for good yet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

stop jumping on Caron, he's doing his job better than ever this year. He's big strong fast and hitting, a perfect third or 4th line guy. Dump Thornton, It's beyond the right time. Spooner is a center so he can move Kelly to center Campbell and Paille because Campbell is a little less than he was before the broken leg. Or move Caron to Campbell's 4th line; then Spooner centers Soderberg and Kelly; or maybe Soderberg and Smith are swapped as Bergie's line needs more offense. This team is an embarrassment of riches which Claude needs to utilize better than he has so far. Bartkowski needs to play because  both Krug and Hamilton are struggling; Boychuck continues to make mistakes: fast teams are ganging up on Chara which makes Claude's big, strong, slow to make decisions defense a fixable problem

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I didn't like the third line last night, either Caron or Soderberg could sit in my book.  I'd like a look at Spooner in a real game.  He looked like top-6 talent in pre-season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Caron is "doing his job better than ever"? Unless his job is to not be noticed, maybe.

In respo

nse to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

stop jumping on Caron, he's doing his job better than ever this year. He's big strong fast and hitting, a perfect third or 4th line guy. Dump Thornton, It's beyond the right time. Spooner is a center so he can move Kelly to center Campbell and Paille because Campbell is a little less than he was before the broken leg. Or move Caron to Campbell's 4th line; then Spooner centers Soderberg and Kelly; or maybe Soderberg and Smith are swapped as Bergie's line needs more offense. This team is an embarrassment of riches which Claude needs to utilize better than he has so far. Bartkowski needs to play because  both Krug and Hamilton are struggling; Boychuck continues to make mistakes: fast teams are ganging up on Chara which makes Claude's big, strong, slow to make decisions defense a fixable problem

[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Please put Spooner anywhere on that 3rd line and either sit Caron or put him on the 4th and give Thorton a breather. Since Loui's injury, the addition of Caron has literally sucked every bit of production and creativity out of the 3rd line. I appreciate his recent physical play, but he just can't seem to complete a clean tape to tape pass. Kelly and Soderberg have become virtually invisible as they spend their shifts backtracking chasing errant pucks or slowing down to dig them out of their skates. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Spooner centering Kelly and Caron tonight. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"@NHLBruins 

"Do you plan to play Spooner?" A sarcastic Julien jokingly responds: "No, I just wanted him to have popcorn and hot dogs in the stands" ^CS"

Julien has been coming up some great comments this season LoL!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Well, the line chart was as I reported it, but the pre-game crew just announced it was going to be Kelly, Spooner, Soderberg. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"@NHLBruins 

"Do you plan to play Spooner?" A sarcastic Julien jokingly responds: "No, I just wanted him to have popcorn and hot dogs in the stands" ^CS"

Julien has been coming up some great comments this season LoL!

[/QUOTE]

I missed that... AWESOME!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

My guess for Eriksson's return is Nov. 7 against the Panthers.  I'd put him back with Bergeron.  Marchand has still been pretty bad.

Lucic          Krejci         Iginla

Smith       Bergeron     Eriksson

Soderberg  Spooner     Kelly

Paille        Campbell     Marchand

OR: Marchand Campbell Thornton

Soderberg could also be the scratch, if Marchand/Spooner is a viable combo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Bruinfansince88's comment:
    [QUOTE]Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver 16m

Ryan Spooner's been recalled from @AHLBruins by Boston this morning.

[/QUOTE]

FINALLY ! ! !   its about FREAKIN time

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

And believe me Spooner will never play another game in Providence

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@MarkDivver

"Prediction: @RSpooner2376 kills it with Kelly & Soderberg tonight and is never seen in @AHLBruins uni again.

Claude Julien watched @AHLBruins on Sunday afternoon at The Dunk. Obviously he liked what he saw from Spooner."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I like what I saw from Spooner tonight. Him and Smith were the two players out of camp that i thought would make the team, but thought they would go with Caron and Soderberg. I got half that right, but I wasnt surprised to see Smith in there. I think at this point, Im willing to give Spooner a shot over Caron for a handful of games. Also, Johnson seems to be playing well in Providence. Im fine with giving him a shot.

The B's just need a little jolt and I dont think a little change in personnel is all that bad now and then, especially in the regular season. Playoffs are a different beast.

Id like to see them get Marchand back to his normal wing. He looks a little out of sorts on the other side. I get he is going through a little slump right now, but he is important to the team. He just needs to get back to the basics and do what he does best.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Love Spooner's game last night. Loved IT! Certainly looked every bit as fast as Seguin at certain points. Not saying he's Seguin, but he certainly added some extra speed to that 3rd line. With the exception of Soderbergs gaffe'; I thought it was his best game thus far. 

Sections
Shortcuts