Spooner story

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Spooner story

And it's a link. Laughing

http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3368131

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Re: Spooner story

great stuff, thanks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

" Spooner's short-handed goal marked the third straight game he has scored with Kingston down a man. Spooner almost made it two on the same penalty kill, but goaltender Jake Paterson made a decent save"

Good on the PK that's good scouting just in case a GM is willing to pay Campbell and/or Paille more than what PC sees as fair market value.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Good news on Spooner. Also looks like McFarland, one of the so-called superior younger players, still has a problem with his mouth and perspective, which is a problem with "kids" who receive too much adulation at a very young age.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He was great tonight as part of the OHL selects against Team Russia.
    On PP was feeding nice passes.
    Was very good on the PK.
    Nice setups for assists.
    He was all over the ice.
    2 gaols and 4 assists in 2 games.
    Player of the tournament for OHL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In Response to Re: Spooner story:
    [QUOTE]He was great tonight as part of the OHL selects against Team Russia. On PP was feeding nice passes. Was very good on the PK. Nice setups for assists. He was all over the ice. 2 gaols and 4 assists in 2 games. Player of the tournament for OHL.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    BUt that goalie looked very weak and got yanked (again) after 3 goals. Did he score on the real goalie?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spooner story : BUt that goalie looked very weak and got yanked (again) after 3 goals. Did he score on the real goalie?
    Posted by 49thparallel[/QUOTE]

Russian goalers at this level are not great for some reason.  This guy  lost this weekend so they started the other one. 
    Anyway it's not Spooner's goals ,  it's his vision and smart plays , passes and defensive plays in his own end and on the PK.
    Impressive !
    Like they said when they interviewed at the end of the game he started slow with Kingston but he's flying now.  Making a case to make Team Canada.
    I hope he does so my fellow Americans can get a chance to watch him play with his peers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Thanks for the good read. Spooner doing well even with Todd Gill as coach. JK. I remember Gill well. He could most likely still make the Leafs D roster !!! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

test

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Spooner was also named OHL player of the week (4g, 6a in 3 games).

http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3369157

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Spoons is the left-handed version of Krejci. We will all see it soon.
    What remains to be seen is whether or not he has the big-game ability that Krejci has. This is doubtful, as I don't think there's an other Bruin outside of Timmy who steps his game up as much as Krejci.
    I'd be down with an other 60 point guy in our system though....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Yeesh don't say that, how about a more athletic version of Savard?

[QUOTE]Spoons is the left-handed version of Krejci. We will all see it soon. What remains to be seen is whether or not he has the big-game ability that Krejci has. This is doubtful, as I don't think there's an other Bruin outside of Timmy who steps his game up as much as Krejci. I'd be down with an other 60 point guy in our system though....
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

You knocking Krejci or talking up Spoons with that comment? Not upset, just confused.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]He was great tonight as part of the OHL selects against Team Russia. On PP was feeding nice passes. Was very good on the PK. Nice setups for assists. He was all over the ice. 2 gaols and 4 assists in 2 games. Player of the tournament for OHL.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Did you notice Hamilton wearing the C last night ?

And this one is for soxfan :

five different players will serve as assistant captains between the two games including forward Ryan Spooner of the Kingston Frontenacs

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spooner story : Did you notice Hamilton wearing the C last night ? And this one is for soxfan :  five different players will serve as assistant captains between the two games including forward Ryan Spooner of the Kingston Frontenacs
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Wow, surprising from a legit publication...

In college, I had a teacher named Jack Falla for Sports Communications that would distinctly point out if you said assistant instead of alternate every time...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spooner story : Wow, surprising from a legit publication... In college, I had a teacher named Jack Falla for Sports Communications that would distinctly point out if you said assistant instead of alternate every time...
    Posted by mannyortez3424[/QUOTE]
    Does this mean we know who Soxfan is or just that we know of someone else who's equally anal-retentive?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spooner story : Did you notice Hamilton wearing the C last night ? And this one is for soxfan :  five different players will serve as assistant captains between the two games including forward Ryan Spooner of the Kingston Frontenacs
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Yup and I didn't see him make a mistake 9although I didn't watch the whole game)

Spooner a lefthanded center ?  Oh great !  Now we don't need Wiess.

Sections
Shortcuts