Spooner Traded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Spooner Traded

Spooner has officially been traded from the Kingston Frontenacs to the Sarnia Sting.

http://www.kingstonfrontenacs.com/article/spooner-traded-to-sarnia

I'm not an OHL guy, so feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Spooner Traded

Cool, don't know much OHL either, but it should be good for him to play for a better team and it sounded like a trade was just a matter of time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I can't see how playing alongside Nail Yakupov can be anything but good for Spooner's development.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Stupid question is he is still a Bruin...right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Spooner Traded:
    [QUOTE]Stupid question is he is still a Bruin...right?
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

Right.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

When does he return from mono? My D partner in EMJHL missed like 7months with mono once.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]When does he return from mono? My D partner in EMJHL missed like 7months with mono once.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    He's been cleared to play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Up until this point Spooner's most talented linemate has been Matt Puempel when he played with the Peterborough Petes. Puempel is a good player and they worked well together.

But Yakupov is in a different stratosphere then Puempel regarding talent level. He is the most talented forward in the OHL. If Spooner is lucky enough to be put on the same line as Yakupov they will both benefit from each other's skills. Spooner is more of a passer first type of player while Yakupov is a finisher.

Sarnia visits Niagara this Saturday. Can't wait !

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Up until this point Spooner's most talented linemate has been Matt Puempel when he played with the Peterborough Petes. Puempel is a good player and they worked well together. But Yakupov is in a different stratosphere then Puempel regarding talent level. He is the most talented forward in the OHL. If Spooner is lucky enough to be put on the same line as Yakupov they will both benefit from each other's skills. Spooner is more of a passer first type of player while Yakupov is a finisher.  Sarnia visits Niagara this Saturday. Can't wait !
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

maybe Yakupov will still be drunk on Vodka.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spooner Traded : maybe Yakupov will still be drunk on Vodka.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Drowning his sorrows unlike the Russian team from last year celebrating.
                                                 -----------
    On a side note I was looking forward to Spooner possibly getting traded to the London Knights to play with #97 as suggested on here months back.

So much for the handshake deal between Gilmour and Hunter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spooner Traded : Drowning his sorrows unlike the Russian team from last year celebrating.                                              ----------- On a side note I was looking forward to Spooner possibly getting traded to the London Knights to play with #97 as suggested on here months back. So much for the handshake deal between Gilmour and Hunter.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

That would have been awesome, Although I am not sure how important it would be, because it will be years before there is even the possibility of them playing side by side in the NHL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Yeah, but it wouldn't have been long before they played together in Providence....Spooner will be on the baby B's next year, right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I guess he won't be playing on a line with Yakupov any time soon.

Dmitry Chesnokov
    Yakupov's injured his meniscus, out for a month (h/t )