Spooner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Spooner

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to DrCC's comment:

I don't remember the last time I was rooting as hard for a kid to get his first goal.  I hope it will make a big difference in his game.

As for his perimeter play, at least in recent times part of it may be Eriksson.  He seems to be the designated net-front presence on whatever line he plays, and seems to spend a lot of time standing just outside the net.  I don't know if it is by design, or simply a tendency of his.

I do. Wears # 53 right now & in his first 20 games he did everything but score. I remember one game where he hit both post & a crossbar in 2 shifts. 

Seth Griffith? I know he hasn't played in 20 games but he wears #53.

NAS? I found out who's been stealing your Aho le pills! Tongue Out

Lol

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

louihas no

Excuse hrs been horrible but no ppl too proud to say it cuz that would imply the seguin trade.

[/QUOTE]

1.  I don't think he's been horrible. As I said on the Eriksson thread, he's been one player on defense (steady, only a minus player in 2 games so far) and another on offense where he's making smart plays and doing the right things, but the play is consistently going elsewhere.  Either he's not reading his linemates or his instincts aren't in tune with the way the Bruins play yet.  But I see a good player out of sync, not a horrible player.

2. Works both ways, marco.  You're awfully quick to declare Eriksson a bust and claim victory.  Is that because, if Eriksson turns it around and the Bruins get two 25 goal scorers and two prospects for Seguin, you'd have to admit it was a decent trade?

[/QUOTE]

Book pls stop the over sugar coating. Hes been horrible even I expected more. Will he turn it around? 

We shall see but up to now he's been a total bust . I tell u one good way  to go from bust to hero- explode in the  playoffs not something hes done in past

" younger version of an older version of jagr" I know jag doing well in nj but not so good in playoffs last year. 

Leaving myself very vulnerable here for poster bashing well let's see if loui does

[/QUOTE]

I guarantee it 100%. I'll be the first in line.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Badhab, why did you have to mention Kessel and Seguin?

Those two names get said, and here he comes.

Stupid people are the most predictable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah explode in the playoffs like Seguin did last year. That's what elite players do, show up when it counts and why you don't trade them.

Ahh double standards

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Marco, please just stop posting. You've said all you'll ever have to say. We've heard it. We still don't care 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Marco, please just stop posting. You've said all you'll ever have to say. We've heard it. We still don't care 

The only way is to ignore.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

The only way is to ignore.

Thank You BDC for giving us that feature.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Ya, Marco you're going on ignore. I'm fine with posters having differing opinions. However you post frequently, and all you ever do is say the same thing. You make the board less enjoyable, no more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Ya, Marco you're going on ignore. I'm fine with posters having differing opinions. However you post frequently, and all you ever do is say the same thing. You make the board less enjoyable, no more.

He always says the same thing and never aknowledges what you say.

His favorite thing to say about Seguin is that he had one bad playoff, when the truth is in his whole NHL career thus far, he's only had ONE good playoff game.

The stats don't lie.  43 playoff games, 6 goals, 12 assists.  Subtract the hat trick v. Tampa and you're left with 3 goals in 42 playoff games.

Between me and some other posters it's been said 400 times, but Marco just keeps coming back with "just ONE bad playoff".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And back to Spooner before another thread is hopelessly hijacked.

Right now, if he were traded for some decent return, I would not be totally bummed out.

As opposed to Subban, who I think has the goods to be a fine NHL goalie in time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Right now, if he were traded for some decent return, I would not be totally bummed out.

As opposed to Subban, who I think has the goods to be a fine NHL goalie in time.

Could not agree more.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I see your point, but I'd rather use up his elc, and then his bridge contract. Have a good young 3rd line center for 4-5 years and trade him when he's going to get paid 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If  Spooner scores 0 goals in the playoffs, does he get thrown under a bus too? Anybody who compares Spooner to Marc Savard needs their head examined. Let alone David Krecji. I like the kid, I like his skating ability, I hope he becomes a good NHL player, but regardless, I find it interesting how people pull for players and not for others. Marchand has been called every name in the book, and I thank god he wasn't impulsively traded away when he was slumping. I don't see the offense out of Spooner, but it takes time to develop. It took Joe Thornton time to turn into a scorer/playmaker and Krecji too. I go back to my original statement, if he was in the minors tomorrow I developing I wouldn't lose any sleep over him not being on the Big B's. When or if the kid produces, we can revisit Spooner.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

louihas no

Excuse hrs been horrible but no ppl too proud to say it cuz that would imply the seguin trade.

1.  I don't think he's been horrible. As I said on the Eriksson thread, he's been one player on defense (steady, only a minus player in 2 games so far) and another on offense where he's making smart plays and doing the right things, but the play is consistently going elsewhere.  Either he's not reading his linemates or his instincts aren't in tune with the way the Bruins play yet.  But I see a good player out of sync, not a horrible player.

2. Works both ways, marco.  You're awfully quick to declare Eriksson a bust and claim victory.  Is that because, if Eriksson turns it around and the Bruins get two 25 goal scorers and two prospects for Seguin, you'd have to admit it was a decent trade?

Book pls stop the over sugar coating. Hes been horrible even I expected more. Will he turn it around? 

We shall see but up to now he's been a total bust . I tell u one good way  to go from bust to hero- explode in the  playoffs not something hes done in past

" younger version of an older version of jagr" I know jag doing well in nj but not so good in playoffs last year. 

Leaving myself very vulnerable here for poster bashing well let's see if loui does

Nobody's sugar coating anything, marco.  I don't think Eriksson's playing bad hockey.  I think he's playing completely out of sync.  There's a difference there that makes me think we'll see his results change, as they started to before he was concussed again.  They'll change when he's able to play instinctively in the offensive end.  Tell me this isn't a good litmus test for what I'm talking about - a guy with a pretty good, accurate shote and a history of 27+ goal seasons gets the puck inside the dots with a clean look at the net.  When a guy's feeling confident in his instincts, instincts take over and he shoots.  When a guy's thinking about what he's supposed to do in that situation, he waits.  Then he typically passes because that's the "less selfish" play.  Eriksson's not shooting is, for me, a sign that he's still thinking his way through playing in Boston; once he's just playing, you'll see a better player.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Book 2 25 gs would rather have a first line player of impact u need that in playoffs.  The only one who is that but a slight cut below is March. 

You need a top first and second line. Seg can do both. This is nit "law of diminishing returns"

Two 25 goal scorers would improve both the first and second line.  One player can't do both at the same time.  Coming at you in waves is the way this team is built, and it has been very successful in the playoffs without any help from a guy who scores 40 in the regular season.  These are different days, marco.  Two 25 goal, 60 point RWs would give the Bruins two RWs in the top 17 in the league in scoring for RWs if you compare 2011-12 (the last full year).

I don't think you understand the law of diminishing returns.  Instead of one guy who scored 29 as a RW, they now have two who score 25 each.  Net increase in goals of 21, and more security and flexibility on the roster (that is, if, like Seguin, one of them has a bad playoffs, the other is still there hammering away). 

Problem here is that you just have a different philosophy - which isn't more valid, but also isn't something we can disprove.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

If the Bruins want to upgrade - in a big way ie. a #2 defenceman - Spooner will be the player going the other way - not because he doesn't belong in Boston, but because he is the player mostly any other team (not destined for the Playoffs this year, hence unloading and retooling for next year) will want, young, cheap, a decent number of big league games under his belt and tons of potential. This should tell the Bruins something.

When Chris Kelly returns, the Bruins will have some choices to make. Personally, I hope they keep everyone (leave Spooner where he is, on the 3rd Line, move Kelly to the 4th Line, give Thornton more nights off) and try and land some reinforcements on Trade Deadline day that don't cost an arm and a leg and a Spooner.

Sections
Shortcuts