Spooner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Spooner

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

But that's not my point.

I'm referring to the present quotes that seem to currently suggest his lack of potting goals means he should be AHL bound.  

I say nonsense. Goals would be nice but not the lone factor whether he stays or not. He is doing other things that shows he is an NHLer.

We'll see when Kelly comes back on what their plans are for him.

[/QUOTE]

I'm on board with them keeping him in the NHL. On the goals front, though, I could see the team sending him down if they feel he's getting stale.  Basically, if being a set-up man is the one thing he feels comfortable with at the NHL level and he's having trouble showing other options during games, they might think it's prudent to send him to Providence (provident to send him to Prudence?) to round his game out again.  Just wake up that muscle memory.  Even then, I would hope he's not in Providence long because that option of playing him as the regular 3rd line C and swapping him with Kelly situationally during games is appealing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

You started wrong already - he had limited Ice time I'm 2011 the yr we  won the cup

Kelv why such hostility? 

Bruins gave up on him if they hadn't he d still be here.  Must be something with the Boston beans cuz all I hear is no detection of immaturity In Dallas.  But here's the thing sheriff rosco p co  first how seg did a huge turn around in cowboy land. Nill must be a real fool to take in such a bum.  How come ? Why do they say nothing but good things about him.  What I find surprising is all of my bruin fans friends all hate the trade but here no- 

Btw vs wash seg had 1 goal 1 assist  the goal was a game winner .

The team is poised to win now - explain?

Chi knew that the kane had to stay in chi despite  his  antics off ice

1.Your wrong. You were the one who referenced his lack of ice time in the Washington series. Sandog and myself pointed out he did not have limited ice time.

2. Why such hostility? Becuase every thread you comment on, all you do is mention Seguin or Kessel. Recent examples: A trade proposal thread about Ryan Johansen and a Ryan Spooner thread. Troll status.

3. Again, they did not give up on him. Like I said before, they tried numerous times to get him to realize what he was doing wrong, he failed to and only got worse. He gave up on the Bruins.

4. You need me to explain how this team is poised to win now? Seriously? How about the fact that in a span of three years they went to two Stanley Cup finals. Does that sound like a team that is poised win now. Does Chicago look like a team that is poised to win now or does Edmonton? If you can't figure that out then I'd suggest your logic is on par with your spelling.

5.  Patrick Kanes off-ice maturity issues didn't happen during the Stanley Cup Playoffs.Or at least none were made public.  They came during the off-season.  A young 20 year old man with some immature decisions during the off-season sounds like issues a team can deal with. Even during the regualar season, like Seguin oversleeping in Winnipeg. I'm sure their are plenty more players who've had maturity issues. (See Brad Marchand) Seguins antics during the playoffs after already being spoken to seemed to be the tipping point. Again, he is in Dallas becuase of his own actions. Perhaps Chiarelli is less tolerant than Chicago. Who knows? But there is no denying Seguin was traded because of Seguin, not because of Chiarelli. He drafted and later signed Seguin. How is that giving up on him?

6. Does any poster here deny Seguins talent? The day he was traded, I think the overall sentiment was he was going to play on the first line there and put up points. I bet he's in the top 5 in league scoring most years. The sad thing, is it took him being traded for him to realize this. His actions forced the hand of Chiarelli. Seems to me Chiarelli thought the team had suffered through enough of his growing pains and it was time to cut bait. He is paid to make decisions like that. Do you really think Chiarelli liked trading away a kid with that talent that he drafted 2nd overall and signed to a long term deal?

Tyler Seguin is a Dallas Star becuase of Tyler Seguin. Nobody gave up on him. He gave up on them. How long before you are able to comprehend this? Now if you refuse to get it and I stop telling you, did I give up on you? Or are you just a lost cause?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[QUOTE]

The kid has 20+ games under his belt and has showed great improvements in faceoffs ( yes Red, faceoffs were a weakness whether you want to believe it or not ) and his defensive awareness.

I like the creativity he brings to that third line better then the other vanilla options.

The thoughts about "he needs to score" ? He is a pass first type of player. Scoring a goal is secondary for him to be playing good compared to creating offense for his wingers with his skating and passing. That argument doesn't have any any bearing on whether he stays or goes.

Let him develop at the big league level would be the choice I hope the Bruins take. He's very green and can only get better. [/QUOTE]

Spooner has been doing exactly what he needs to do.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Seguin got huge amounts of ice time in the Washington playoff series all you have to do is look at the game logs from the series. When Tyler is scoring he is neither too young nor too old but when he isn't scoring the lame excuses come out. Chiarelli won the cup for Boston with shrewd moves and everyone in and around the NHL, except a few, knows it.

No cups this year nor next year for the Lerfs nor the Smurfs!

Another ball faced lie too save face in Tylerville.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejacks. Show ejacks's posts

In response to watchtower's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ejacks' comment:
    [QUOTE]

<<Fine...for now...but he can score, so I hope to see him pushing to score more.>>

Agreed.  And to me, that means he needs to drive the net more.  He tends to spend a lot of time on the perimeter, both with and without the puck.  I'd love to see him make more inside moves when he enters the zone with the puck, rather than always going outside or shooting from the top of the circles+. 

[/QUOTE]

he has to gain 20lbs first

[/QUOTE]

Yes, because guys like St. Louis and even Gerbe never go to the net - not to mention LBOH.  I'll take spooner adding size, but his skating and puck handling abilities are such that he SHOULD be able to make inside moves, and go to the front of the net.  And, if not, then he does need to go to the AHL until he can. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

1-He's 21 not 31 do u get it.  Told u in 2011 he hardly played against wash we could not score

Snoop dog can't even find a bone. Seg had one great game in 2011.with limited ice time vs wash no one was really scoring - That's what I'm saying

2- every thread I comment on I talk About kessel or seg are u sure about that ? If anyone here with their limited hockey Knowledge ref this time bad hab talks about seg or kess in a derrogatory fashion they will getmy rreply

3-you're not the one to judge that ultimately it was the bruins decision So they gave up on him

4- this team is poised to win whst now?  If the bruins don't win another cup in next 3 yrs we will have underachieved.  I don't feel nearly as good about this team since we traded  seg and prior to that when we traded kessel a true playoffs performer. You think makes us a team poised better to win you are dreaming

5- seg is the kid chia is the manager Who decides to trade him. I can see you think chia is an infallible genius - wrong!  The cup we won had given him more credibility then he should have.  I guarantee u he didn't expect the bruins to falter so badly offensively the year after they traded  kess. He had to readjust

6- @ 21 the gm has while to go before he " weathers  the storm"    when are you going to get thst it's chiarellli job to keep working with seg . Its funny how it worked out in Dallas. 

Bruins traded jt kess and seg And here you are with ur mighty stubbornness saying "  they had it coming"

It's only a coincidence.  Now kelv let's see what happens in playoffs and its a good thing that dallas isn't making the playoffs seg would show u it's not permanent. 

[/QUOTE]

I will answer each one in the order you put it.

1. I know he's 21. Your wrong. . Check the box scores in regards to ice time.

2. What percentage of your posts would you say are about Seguin or Kessel?

3. So it's okay for you to judge? If you do it, it's okay. Facts support my opinion, not yours.

4. You question why I say they are poised to win now, then you add "If they don't win a cup in the next 3 years they would have underacheived." Ummmm, that means they should win now. Your not intelligent enough to realize your helping me make my point.

5. I've never claimed Chiarelli is a genious. In fact, I've often questioned his drafting.

6. He does not have a "while to weather the storm". If this were the Oilers, yes, but this team a legit contender for the Cup every year. Don't have time to babysit. What is funny about how it worked out in Dallas? Look at what the Bruins are paying Reilly Smith. Now look what Dallas is paying Tyler Seguin. Who is getting more for their value?

7. The fact that Dallas may not make the playoffs does not help your stance in this matter. It hurts it.

To fellow posters. Besides the obvious fact that I am wasting my time here, do any of you feel I am wrong here and he is right? Anyone object with my opinions here?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"He does not have a "while to weather the storm"

This blows up in his face when he says that Seguin is a thoroughbred now and argues that "if the Bruins don't win in 3 years". Just a blather of contradiction.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Told u in 2011 he hardly played against wash we could not score"

"again I said limited Time the year we won cup not vs wash"

Lies

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You've been threatening to have 10 "buddies" sign on for months.  Bring it.  It has to be better than you constantly talking about it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

LoL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seguin - 42 playoff games - 6 goals, 12 assists.

Other players from Seguin's draft year.  So they are the same age.

Is it reasonable to expect that Seguin does better than them since he was drafted higher?

So how have these other players done in the playoffs?

Cam Fowler - 13 playoff games 1 goal 6 assists in the playoffs - close to half the pts Seguin has with 1/3 fewer games.

Charlie Coyle - 5 playoff games - 2 assists.  If he had nearly 40 playoff games that project out to 16 assists.  Very close to Seguin.

Emerson Etem - 7 playoff games - 3 goals 2 assists.  Substantially better than Seguin.

Tyler Toffoli - 12 games, 2 goals 4 assists - 12 points.  That's a scoring pace better than Seguin.

Brendan Gallagher - 5 playoff games - 2 goals. 1/3 as many goals as Seguin in only 1/8 as many games.

That's about every player I could find from Seguin's draft year who has had playoff experience.  And they all are fairly much producing better than Seguin in the playoffs.

So they are young players, too.

And Seguin was drafted higher, so shouldn't he be better?

Please explain.

[/QUOTE]

I'm still looking for a reply to this post.  All of these kids are the same age and drafted after Seguin obviously.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Seguin - 42 playoff games - 6 goals, 12 assists.

Other players from Seguin's draft year.  So they are the same age.

Is it reasonable to expect that Seguin does better than them since he was drafted higher?

So how have these other players done in the playoffs?

Cam Fowler - 13 playoff games 1 goal 6 assists in the playoffs - close to half the pts Seguin has with 1/3 fewer games.

Charlie Coyle - 5 playoff games - 2 assists.  If he had nearly 40 playoff games that project out to 16 assists.  Very close to Seguin.

Emerson Etem - 7 playoff games - 3 goals 2 assists.  Substantially better than Seguin.

Tyler Toffoli - 12 games, 2 goals 4 assists - 12 points.  That's a scoring pace better than Seguin.

Brendan Gallagher - 5 playoff games - 2 goals. 1/3 as many goals as Seguin in only 1/8 as many games.

That's about every player I could find from Seguin's draft year who has had playoff experience.  And they all are fairly much producing better than Seguin in the playoffs.

So they are young players, too.

And Seguin was drafted higher, so shouldn't he be better?

Please explain.

[/QUOTE]

I'm still looking for a reply to this post.  All of these kids are the same age and drafted after Seguin obviously.

[/QUOTE]

Badhab forget it no matter whst u  won't budge and from your perspective I went budge. I'll tell u this offer any team kess and seg they won't even blink so here u are insulting stanley on how unique of a job a nhl gm is yet your stance is in ur belief stronger then theirs

Btw - u did the same with gorton. It does look like u think pc is a mastermind and  could do no wrong. Even you who liked seg found a way to cha nge ur view and justify the trade.

Loui  and smith can go pointless in playoffs and u will still dig to justify trade

So I'll tell u what let's make a bet ' state it that there is no misunderstanding - u willing

[/QUOTE]

Answer my question.  Please explain why Seguin's playoff numbers are worse than every other player in his draft year.  One simple question.  You pretend the question doesn't exist.  You keep saying Seguin is 21 - so aren't all the rest of these guys.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

You answered my question by not answering.

Seguin has no excuse, by the example I gave it is clear he doesn't bring it in the playoffs.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

I want to make sure I answer as correctly as possible. 

What was it ur trying to establish by providing that list of players? 

And a dik about what?  

[/QUOTE]

All of those players are from Seguin's draft.

All were drafted AFTER Seguin obviously.

All of those players are Seguin's age obviously.

All of those players have a better point per game percentage better than Seguin.

So Seguin's age is not an excuse.

If you bothered to READ the post you would have understood that.