Spooner

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Spooner

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ok Bad hab

are you saying those players are better then seg ? First off your sample size is too small rendering it if not insignificant pretty close.

[/QUOTE]

No.  I am not saying that.  My sample size is small because that is every player in Seguin's draft year who has seen the playoffs in the NHL.

What I am saying now - and what I have said is that those players are outscoring Seguin in the playoffs.

Yes - you dim with - Seguin IS a better player than them.

Yet they have outscored Seguin in the playoffs.

That's the point.

Please bother to read my posts, you are not.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

That's why I asked u to clearly explain

So they have outscored him so what?  How significant is that?  U already said sample size too small

So why bring it up.  Its not a determinant at all in trading a kid Who will be among the best. 

And you ignored my point on loui- 

[/QUOTE]

100% significant.  YOU keep saying he's only 21.  So I compare him to the other 21 year olds.  And they performed better in the playoffs than Seguin.

You are the one making excuses for Seguin.

Last time Loui was in the playoffs it was only his 1st and 2nd years in the league - and when he was splitting time with the AHL in both years and NOT an NHL regular at that time.

Let's see how Loui does in the playoffs this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1- again I said limited Time the year we won cup not vs wash

2-  according to you 100% - I would say lets use a time period last 4 months - 10-15%  but thst for u is to o

Much

3-your facts 

1- kessel is ekite - fact

2-    Top scorer as I said he'd be

3- playoff performer I know u guys can't wait till he has a bad playoff

4- no kessel no playoffs for Toronto- can't srsrch this one but if u knee hockey u would know

seg top scorer at 21 - playoffs could do much better but no reason to believe he winner

Don't have time to babysit why cuz chis is a hotshot cuz he won a cup you take time to get Job done

- if u think thst loui a non playoff performer makes us better to win cup ur dreaming. Hes also 28 7yrs older

Trust me wait before talking about Smith . In fact I'll  bet With on this if u want to o

- How gullible u think I am - ask the posters ok ask and if I get  10 of my buddies to post kelv was wrong

Will  u give that merit? 

[/QUOTE]

Is that english?

You said limited icetime versus Washington. It's there.

What does the sentence I highlighted even mean?

"Don't have time to babysit why cuz chis is a hotshot cuz he won a cup you take time to get Job done"

Seriously, what does that sentence mean?

So the last 4 months, you claim that out of all your posts, only 10-15% of them are about Kessel or Seguin?

I have another one: What does this statement mean?.

Trust me wait before talking about Smith . In fact I'll  bet With on this if u want to o

What does mean? Whats up with that letter "o" at the end that looks like it's trying to run away from your incoherent babble?

I never asked for a vote. I asked other posters opinions. We don't side with one another here, in fact, we disagree on many issues here.

No Kessel, no playoffs? More like 4 seasons of Kessel without playoffs, one with him.

Thats a pretty bold statement for someone who has been on the team 5 years with 1 playoff appearance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

What exactly, is the fascination that some people have, with former Bruin players?

For the record. I was a fan of Kessel, and was unhappy about that trade. However, two years of watching Toronto stumble and bumble their way to giving the Bruins #2 and #10 overall picks in succesive years, and a Stanley Cup, as well, I learned to love that trade.

I am also on record as hating the Seguin trade. I did not share the opinion that he had a bad playoff. He was snakebit on goals, but I saw a player working hard on the defensive assignments, and he had the 2nd highest (s hot) totals on the team. If I remember correctly, Seguin had only 10 less (s hots) than Horton and Lucic, combined. That does not seem to be a player that wasn't trying.

However, since I don't waste time worrying about things I have no control over, and I cheer for the Boston Bruins, I don't spend a lot of time following ex-Bruin players, and concentrate more on the new guys, wearing the black & gold jerseys.

Eriksson was a known commodity, and it is unfortunate that injuries have limited his effectiveness so far, but as much as I miss cheering for Seguin, I am really enjoying the emergence of Reilly Smith. This guy looks like the real deal, and may have been the key piece Chiarelli wanted, and not Eriksson, like most of us believed.

I also don't believe that individual forwards have that much impact, on the success or failure of a team's overall position, in the standings.

Steven Stampkos and Tampa Bay are perfect examples. The team's record is not much different, with or without, one of the best players in the game. Other players tend to step up, with the increase in quality minutes they are now receiving. It was the same with Pittsburgh and Crosby, and even when it was Crosby & Malkin both missing.

Good teams find a way to win. The Bruins, first without Kessel, and now without Seguin, are a good team, and as a fan of the team, that is all I can ask for, and all I care about.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Not significant because of time played in playoffs . It's not a precursor for the future.  How insignificant it is enough that any Gm would pick seguin regardless of ur sample

Seems like excuses for loui 

Ok fair enough let's see how he does keep in mind he 's 28

[/QUOTE]

No.  Let's see how the team does in the playoffs.  Seguin was traded for depth.  Depth that they didn't have in the playoffs last year.  Remember how DogVans worked out?  It wasn't a trade for Loui and Seguin straight up you know, they got Rielly Smith, Fraser and Morrow you know.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Loui was the key player in the deal- I'm sure expectations  for smith not too high at  least Not this year.  really doubt fraser and mrrow will be there In playoffs unless serious injuries

[/QUOTE]

Marco, what is the point of making a trade?  Is PC watching how many goals Seguin and Loui scores and at the end of the season if Seguin outscores Loui he'll cry himself to sleep every night?

NO

The point is to make your team better.  The Bruins needed depth and they needed prospects in the system.  They got that.

And no matter what you say, Loui's career isn't over.  I see a lot in that player.  He certainly hasn't found his game with the Bruins, but I think he will and it will be a matter of time.  It very well might be a long time, it might be next season.  If you understood hockey you would see a lot of little things he does right, he wins lots of puck battles and creates a lot of plays.

Even you have to admit Smith is looking pretty good.

Fraser and Morrow - are 2 pretty decent looking prospects.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

if  there was an expansion draft right now and miraclously seg would be available - he  would be the number 1 pick yes even ahead of fowler

once again he is 21- way way too early to evaaluate him or those aformentioned listed players as ones who stay or go.

now, here you are talking about seguin in the playoffs a phenom who i agree if he had produced  we may have won cuo however i saw him playing hard but unfortuneately missing chances . here you are not once mentioning loui's measely 4 goals  and 5 assists in 22 gp in playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

Dallas hasn't made the playoffs since Eriksson was 22 - so what's good for Seguin is good for Loui if you genuinely believe that youth and lack of opportunity or sample size excuses Seguin's performance.  On a points/game basis, they're at almost exactly the same pace.  Seguin is about to go into a deep freeze of not playing playoff games just like Eriksson experienced.  Eriksson will get a chance to show he can be a valuable playoff player.  You want people to make every allowance for Seguin, but you jump on Eriksson at every opportunity.

Seguin wouldn't be the first Star taken if there was an expansion draft.  Benn would go ahead of him.  Benn is the player there that makes things happen in every Stars game I've watched (half a dozen plus the two vs. the Bruins).

How important is this board?  I enjoy it for talking hockey.  If you're implying that I lose sleep over people having different opinions on the board?  Hardly.  That's why I'm never threatening to bring a bunch of "buddies" who have my back.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Book - benn was not on bad hab listed players it was between coyle , fowler, etem, gallagher, tofoli .

I understand what yyou're saying about the buddy threat thats simply to show how if you have majority agreeing on something then we may take that has being factual. Its not necessarily the case though is it?

[/QUOTE]

Do you even understand what I posted?  Or what BB posted?

I think you just skim the posts, barely read them, and keep saying the same crap over and over again.

Again - those were players from Seguin's draft.  Admittedly Seguin is better than those players, yet they *ALL* are producing better than him in the playoff games thus far.

So why should a special allowance be made for Seguin because he's young?

Same age as those other guys, same draft year.

BB was making a point about an eld and that Jamie Benn would be the first to go, it's a separate point.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Seg was traded because of the off ice " play" not on ice play. Bizarre how that's not an issue In dallas nor showing any signs of it

[/QUOTE]

Where's your proof of that statement?  You are suggesting it is the ONLY reason he was traded?  If you watched "Behind the B" you would have seen some of the discussions and his off ice activity was not the ONLY reason.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Now if you mentioned those players it's quite clear you re saying you see marco these guys eventhough  some had a handful of playoff games.  Youre saying no excuse we had the right to trade him look these guys some anyway did better ppg. As I explained That's not reason enough not by any means. 

some of the guys you listed may not even be in the nhl few years from now. This marker has no bearing certainly not a precursor of seg playoff future if he had stayed in boston

[/QUOTE]

So all the more reason Seguin should be producing BETTER playoff numbers than ALL of these players.

So please explain to me how virtually EVERY player from Seguin's draft year outperforms him in the playoffs.

You see no problem with that at all?

You say patience.

But no patience for Loui because he's 28.

What about patience for Fraser and Morrow?

Only Seguin gets that privilege.  Why?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

You actually think that if seg was more of a"puritain" boston style I might add he would have been traded?

[/QUOTE]

I have no idea of what you just said.

I think his lack of playoff performance was the biggest factor in the trade.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

Kind of funny that this topic is about Spooner who didn't play yesterday because of illness but the B's crushed the Flyers anyway and for two pages all we get is a Seguin worship.

With Kelly skating again and Carron looking all but done as a Bruin, what does management do? Kelly will go back to his 3rd line center position so do you send Spooner down to stay in game shape or do you let him practice with the varsity and sit ST every now and then for some 4th line playing time?

Or do you let Spooner stay as 3td line center, move Kelly to 4th line center between Pallie and Campbell and sit Thornton?

How about we talk about that?

25. This post has been removed.