Spooner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Spooner

In response to marco0863's comment:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Seg was traded because of the off ice " play" not on ice play. Bizarre how that's not an issue In dallas nor showing any signs of it

Where's your proof of that statement?  You are suggesting it is the ONLY reason he was traded?  If you watched "Behind the B" you would have seen some of the discussions and his off ice activity was not the ONLY reason.

You actually think that if seg was more of a"puritain" boston style I might add he would have been traded?

Remember, revenge is a powerful emotion and i would assume that alot of Taylored Sequins play this year and improved,model citizen,behavior is due in part to the fact he wants to prove the B's made a big mistake,lets not forget that. Same as the year Jumbo Joe was traded and went on to win the Hart, after the bitter taste subsided for Joe he has not been in the running for the Hart trophy since. While Sequins is getting first line minutes and first line PP minutes and the points that come with that ,lets let the trade die down for a couple years and let it play out, then we will truly see what both teams have. As far as his performances in the playoffs, i don't think Tyler will have to worry about that for awhile.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to lostinbaltimore's comment:

Kind of funny that this topic is about Spooner who didn't play yesterday because of illness but the B's crushed the Flyers anyway and for two pages all we get is a Seguin worship.

With Kelly skating again and Carron looking all but done as a Bruin, what does management do? Kelly will go back to his 3rd line center position so do you send Spooner down to stay in game shape or do you let him practice with the varsity and sit ST every now and then for some 4th line playing time?

Or do you let Spooner stay as 3td line center, move Kelly to 4th line center between Pallie and Campbell and sit Thornton?

How about we talk about that?

I'd rather have spooner move kelly 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

No I don't see problem with that sure it's  better if he had done better  in playoffs but at his age you don't sell the farm- does this make sense to you? 

The reason its not relevant is no gm would take any of those guys over seguin thus making thatanalogy insignificant

21 years old is old enough to drink in every state, get married, go to war, have children and do a lot of other stuff - like responsibility.

Lots of other 21 year olds have shown maturity in the NHL.

Seguin had the skills, if he had produced just a few goals at the right times, the Bruins would have had a cup a last year.

He was not paid to fight or to gang bodies, he was paid to SCORE.  And he didn't do that.

All the reason I need.  If you want to be patient with him until he's 28, fine.  Go root for the Stars.  Or root for the Leafs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

You see there u go go root for stars leafs wtv

Told u bruins were team of decade - 

Now u think we are better off without a player who has turned leafs around and another who had tremendous skills I  Don't.  I think we should of had more then 1 cup and a few more now I'm uncertain how things will go

Like I said Stanley was not delusional in the past In awarding the cup to Boston every year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Now u think we are better off without a player who has turned leafs around and another who had tremendous skills I  Don't. I think we should of had more then 1 cup and a few more now I'm uncertain how things will go"

Hypocrisy blowing up your stances on two players that could not get it done in Boston. Kessel did nothing to get the Lerfs to the playoffs in his 1st 3 years. It took many moves by the Lufas front office to get them removed from the 2013 1st round by Boston, ONE and DONE. Phat Phil bailed on the Bruins during a crucial part of the Canes series of 2009 and then cried injury. Great players lead there teams to championships not feign injury.

Seguin did ziltch, ZERO during the Hawks series when he was needed the most. Total EPIC FAIL! The Bruins were able to win the 2011 SCF with no help from Seguin (1 goal, 1 assist against Vancouver). Seguin averaged 19Min TOI during the Washington series and provided no elevation, which is what you expect from thoroughbreds.

Jumbo Joe nothing after leaving Boston. Kessel nothing to show in four years in Toronto, going on Five. Dallas is going nowhere with their number 1 center because he is simply one-dimensional. 12 games no goals!

Bruins in 2nd place in the conference with Loui Eriksson and Reilly Smith. Shabs and Lufas going down the toilet fast. Maybe you should try the Revolution board.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Now u think we are better off without a player who has turned leafs around and another who had tremendous skills I  Don't.  I think we should of had more then 1 cup and a few more now I'm uncertain how things will go

Like I said Stanley was not delusional in the past In awarding the cup to Boston every year.

You think Kessel turned around the Leafs by himself?

I don't believe that.

You're uncertain?

I'm certain PC is making the right moves 90% of the time at least.

If you don't, that's your problem.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

By himself - let's just say they're extremely lucky to have him

My personal best moves from Chia was getting Horton and seidenberg. Wish horton could have stayed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

You think Kessel turned around the Leafs by himself?

I don't believe that.

You're uncertain?

I'm certain PC is making the right moves 90% of the time at least.

If you don't, that's your problem.

That's only because it's not true BH. The Leafs took a giant step backwards in the standings after Kessel's arrival and they've never won a playoff series in his time there. Lupul is the Leafs best forward regardless of who gets paid the most.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

All right here is a contradiction u mention. That Gm s are  the ones who know better and that Stanley can next be a gm yet nonis is paying kess 8m And it should be lupul - ok that's a joke right? 

Toronto was a horrible horrible team - now they see the light remove kess hello darkness

Btw- not one player could have made tor a  playoff OFF team years ago . 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

All right here is a contradiction u mention. That Gm s are  the ones who know better and that Stanley can next be a gm yet nonis is paying kess 8m And it should be lupul - ok that's a joke right? 

Toronto was a horrible horrible team - now they see the light remove kess hello darkness

I agree.  The GM who traded Kessel and Seguin knew better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No, no joke.  Toronto was awful and Kessel was stagnant as a guy who was going to be a 60 point guy on a team that played firewagon hockey.  Then they got Lupul.  First full season on the same team, Lupul was a point better than a point/game player and Kessel was a point/game player.  Second year with Lupul and they made the playoffs.  With just Kessel, they never came close.  You'll remember their 29th and 21st place finishes from the drafting of Seguin and Hamilton.  Lupul is the guy who is a threat in multiple area on the ice; he's able to take a hit to make a play and come out of traffic and battles with the puck.  If Kessel doesn't get the puck with freedom to move, he's not going to go get it, and that's a big part of denying him.  He can be shutdown, but it's a lot harder to shuthim down if Lupul is a) creating chances in traffic or on another line that means you can't concentrate on Kessel's line exclusively.  Lupul's the straw there, not Kessel.  Every Lerf game where they're both healthy, that's what I see.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

No, no joke.  Toronto was awful and Kessel was stagnant as a guy who was going to be a 60 point guy on a team that played firewagon hockey.  Then they got Lupul.  First full season on the same team, Lupul was a point better than a point/game player and Kessel was a point/game player.  Second year with Lupul and they made the playoffs.  With just Kessel, they never came close.  You'll remember their 29th and 21st place finishes from the drafting of Seguin and Hamilton.  Lupul is the guy who is a threat in multiple area on the ice; he's able to take a hit to make a play and come out of traffic and battles with the puck.  If Kessel doesn't get the puck with freedom to move, he's not going to go get it, and that's a big part of denying him.  He can be shutdown, but it's a lot harder to shuthim down if Lupul is a) creating chances in traffic or on another line that means you can't concentrate on Kessel's line exclusively.  Lupul's the straw there, not Kessel.  Every Lerf game where they're both healthy, that's what I see.

BINGO!

The bigger joke though is all you intelligent posters still trying to reason with this loser! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Well the question has been answered Spooner sent back down to Providence along with Trotman. Kelly activated will play tonight

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Wish they'd send Caron down, and wish someone would claim him if they did.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I agree mxt. I can't even bring myself to pull for him to play well anymore.

Sections
Shortcuts