Sports Buisiness Journal Names Bruins The Team Of The Year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Sports Buisiness Journal Names Bruins The Team Of The Year

In Response to Re: Sports Buisiness Journal Names Bruins The Team Of The Year:
    In Response to Re: Sports Buisiness Journal Names Bruins The Team Of The Year : We'll use Bruce "not on Golden Pond with Ducks" Boudreau and Claude "I will ram muckers down Bruins fans throats" Julien as examples. Bruce is a real good coach, some say excellent coach but he went know where with three 100 point seasons in a row and went caput on his face in the playoffs. Going with Books "business decision" Leonis extended him, me thinks after the 121 point season, but was lucky enough  that he didn't have to wait for a team to sign him or the Ducks didn't have do a buyout (I believe) to grab Boudreau. I'm sure Leonis is very happy with ticket and apparal sales in Washington but with all that talent Boudreau didn't produce long runs in the playoffs and to the ultimate goal the Stanley Cup. I don't believe Anaheim had to do a buyout or Boudreau is still collecting money from Washington. For argument sake lets say the Bruins get knocked out of the 1st or 2nd round next year after another 100 point season. Does Julien get an extension ? I wouldn't but if Claude were to get an extension say this summer then bite it in the 1st round then Jacobs is looking at Chiarelli. How many seasons, chances does Vigneault get ? All 3 years of his extension ? Another 100 point season then gone in the 1st or 2nd round it just wouldn't matter ? Just keep Alain, ticket sales and apparel are just enough up there ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Well said as usual, Dawg.  With the amount of success the Canucks have had over the last several seasons I'd figure there would be mounting pressure and high expectations to finally take the Cup coupled with an increased sense of accountability when the team fell flat.  One doesn't tend to hear chatter about a particular being make or break for their management combo as there was in Boston after the Flyer disaster two years ago.  Perhaps this is the one for it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Expectations are high in Vancouver, as they should be.  The Canucks have  been built as a team to perform at a high level.  They've done very well over the years with the MG/AV combo.  Have they reached the ultimate goal?  No, not yet.  Does that mean that they're failures?  In the sense that they haven't gotten to where they want/expect to be, then yes, they have failed in taking that final step.  Have they built a team to compete year after year for the top prize? I would say yes. 

That being said, there are always going to be upsets in the playoffs.  As I've been saying several times over the past weeks, success in the playoffs is dependent on so many things going exactly right, at the exact right moment. No team wins the Cup without getting its share of breaks along the way.  With a couple of breaks, I believe the Canucks can win the Cup.  The window has not closed yet, so it makes sense to stay the course, make some tweaks and try again next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bingo, NAS is correct, North is a troll.  Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I think Gillis' job is safe, as he has put together a team that can clearly win.
    It's a little different with AV, as it's his job to ensure that the team that is provided to him wins. They clearly have the talent to be a championship team. At that point, it falls entirely on the coaching and the players.

I think Claude's job is safe, as game 7 overtime losses means your team was in position to win. However, dropping the first 3 games to an 8 seed when you just won the coveted Presidents trophy is an abherration.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I think Gillis' job is safe, as he has put together a team that can clearly win. It's a little different with AV, as it's his job to ensure that the team that is provided to him wins. They clearly have the talent to be a championship team. At that point, it falls entirely on the coaching and the players. I think Claude's job is safe, as game 7 overtime losses means your team was in position to win. However, dropping the first 3 games to an 8 seed when you just won the coveted Presidents trophy is an abherration.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing

So, you'd fire Ken Hitchcock, who's team was swept by the #8 seed?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Sports Buisiness Journal Names Bruins The Team Of The Year : So, you'd fire Ken Hitchcock, who's team was swept by the #8 seed?
    Posted by 49-North

How long has Vigneault been in Vancouver compared to Hitchcock being in St. Louis ? Tenure and not winning a cup has a lot to do with coaches getting fired even if they have a winning record. Maybe Vancouver can keep AV forever and he can become the next Lindy Ruff .

Longest serving coach with one team and nothing to show for it.

Sections
Shortcuts