ST in Florida

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

ST in Florida

An article about him in NHL.com:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=727646&navid=nhl:topheads

This is for you NAS. Treat him well down there, make him welcome (invite him over for dinner or something).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: ST in Florida

In response to jmwalters' comment:

An article about him in NHL.com:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=727646&navid=nhl:topheads" rel="nofollow">http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=727646&navid=nhl:topheads

This is for you NAS. Treat him well down there, make him welcome (invite him over for dinner or something).

Beach volleyball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

haha....that would be...AWESOME!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

How awesome would it be if Thornton accepted NAS' dinner invite and showed up in a clown outfit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Thornton's clown outfit is his team jersey.

I'm sure Thornton will be looked at by the fans as valuable.  He'll probably do his charity work and enjoy the weather.  Hey, if I were a pro player with my career winding down, why not Florida?  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

What I found particularly interesting with this signing is that ST is getting the same $$ he did in Boston. I mean, I highly doubt there was any kind of bidding war for his services or anything like that. I thought for sure he would be getting something like $800k, not $1.2mill. But I guess FLA had cap floor concerns which trumps logic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

What I found particularly interesting with this signing is that ST is getting the same $$ he did in Boston. I mean, I highly doubt there was any kind of bidding war for his services or anything like that. I thought for sure he would be getting something like $800k, not $1.2mill. But I guess FLA had cap floor concerns which trumps logic.

No cap floor concerns in Florida.  They're right up now.

One of the goals of management was to bring in experience and a winning attitude.  They have certainly done that.  They had to pay Thornton more because they have to pay everyone more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In the article Thornton said "Florida was my first choice." Were the others revealed somewhere along the way?

Sections
Shortcuts