St Louis high sticking the puck on first goal and often

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonian128. Show bostonian128's posts

St Louis high sticking the puck on first goal and often

Every goal matters - on my replay, it sure looked like highsticking - we will beat them without relying on the ref's but I think that was a missed call. He did it on his empty net goal on Monday as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

Re: St Louis high sticking the puck on first goal and often

In Response to St Louis high sticking the puck on first goal and often:
    [QUOTE]Every goal matters - on my replay, it sure looked like highsticking - we will beat them without relying on the ref's but I think that was a missed call. He did it on his empty net goal on Monday as well.
    Posted by bostonian128[/QUOTE]

Please don't start this...pathetic

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonian128. Show bostonian128's posts

In Response to Re: St Louis high sticking the puck on first goal and often:
    [QUOTE]In Response to St Louis high sticking the puck on first goal and often : Please don't start this...pathetic
    Posted by Jake1977[/QUOTE]

what am I starting? I love the way he plays, but I have not had the chance to watch him over an extended period of time, he's good with his stick and has knocked pucks down with his stick over the shoulders - it would be a good heads up by the Bruins captain to talk to the ref's, it might break up a play, hockey can turn on one play, it might help, we are trying to win, think of it as something not like but like the McSorley incident

I play and played this sport my whole life - at division 1 level - my observation is reasonable - we lost for many other reasons, this is just something interesting I wanted to put out there - I can see your point if you thought I was using this for an excuse - give me a break, this is Boston, we know something about the sport.

Marty McSorley's illegal stick

Broadcast Date: June 3, 1993

Jacques Demers isn't known as a risk taker prior to tonight's Game 2 of the 1993 Stanley Cup finals, but his reputation as a gambler is about to be galvanized. With the Los Angeles Kings leading 2-1 late in the third period, Montreal Canadiens coach Demers calls for a measurement of Kings enforcer Marty McSorley's hockey stick. Demers believes the blade of McSorley's stick is curved beyond the legal limit prescribed by the National Hockey League.

In this clip from the game, all eyes are on referee Kerry Fraser as he stands in front of the Forum timekeeper's box and applies a measuring gauge to the disputed blade. A cheer goes up as the official places the stick in the box, signifying its illegality.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: St Louis high sticking the puck on first goal and often : what am I starting? I love the way he plays, but I have not had the chance to watch him over an extended period of time, he's good with his stick and has knocked pucks down with his stick over the shoulders - it would be a good heads up by the Bruins captain to talk to the ref's, it might break up a play, hockey can turn on one play, it might help, we are trying to win, think of it as something not like but like the McSorley incident I play and played this sport my whole life - at division 1 level - my observation is reasonable - we lost for many other reasons, this is just something interesting I wanted to put out there - I can see your point if you thought I was using this for an excuse - give me a break, this is Boston, we know something about the sport. Marty McSorley's illegal stick Broadcast Date: June 3, 1993Jacques Demers isn't known as a risk taker prior to tonight's Game 2 of the 1993 Stanley Cup finals, but his reputation as a gambler is about to be galvanized. With the Los Angeles Kings leading 2-1 late in the third period, Montreal Canadiens coach Demers calls for a measurement of Kings enforcer Marty McSorley's hockey stick. Demers believes the blade of McSorley's stick is curved beyond the legal limit prescribed by the National Hockey League. In this clip from the game, all eyes are on referee Kerry Fraser as he stands in front of the Forum timekeeper's box and applies a measuring gauge to the disputed blade. A cheer goes up as the official places the stick in the box, signifying its illegality.

Please. Makes me sick just thinking about that game. The Scabs were about to go down 2 games before heading west. Instead, they tied it, won again in o.t. and went on to win their last (hopefully) Cup. Don't remind me....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to St Louis high sticking the puck on first goal and often:
    [QUOTE]Every goal matters - on my replay, it sure looked like highsticking - we will beat them without relying on the ref's but I think that was a missed call. He did it on his empty net goal on Monday as well.

And the B's got away with a high stick just before DK's first goal & the B's got away with an bigtime offside in the Philly series in game 2. To even bring these things up are silly! EVERY TEAM gets calls that goes both ways!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to St Louis high sticking the puck on first goal and often : And the B's got away with a high stick just before DK's first goal & the B's got away with an bigtime offside in the Philly series in game 2. To even bring these things up are silly! EVERY TEAM gets calls that goes both ways!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Marry me voice of reason.

Good post.  Now hand in your homer glasses.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

-0-0-
    Here you go! lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

thats the 1st pair.  i know you got another one jammed in the drawer

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

But I wanna save them in case the refs miss some calls! Laughing