St. Patrick's Day Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

St. Patrick's Day Game

I think the Bruins should don an alternate jersey for this day, like the Celtics decided to do.  A spoked shamrock and change all the gold to green (not a big fan of that green B's shirt they sell now).  The NHL should start a St. Pat's Day annual classic between the Bruins and the Blackhawks!  NHL wins, fans win, as does each team/city!  Two of the very best cities that celebrate this holiday to the fullest (suprisingly Savannah, GA does too).  Lastly, good luck to Rich Peverley.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Re: St. Patrick's Day Game

Why? Did I miss something or is a Bruin a type of bear that immigrated to Boston from Ireland?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

No thanks.  Not everything in Boston has to have the color green and shamrocks on it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Theres nothing wrong with any sports team recognizing any holliday or event. The game is at home and would be something to see.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

After the absurdity that was the outdoor games, I'm all set with gimmicks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After the absurdity that was the outdoor games, I'm all set with gimmicks.

[/QUOTE]

Nas I think it's only right seeing as how the bruin chased the snakes out of Ireland or something like that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

They wear the green jersies for warmups every year.

And I think you Irish get a little carried away.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I thought they did that. Like I said, not everything in Boston has to have a shamrock on it.  The Boston Bruins have nothing to do with being Irish, dont force it.  Just enjoy the holiday and game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:[QUOTE]

And I think you Irish get a little carried away. [/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

There you go again, you Irish get all defensive at the drop of a hat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought they did that. Like I said, not everything in Boston has to have a shamrock on it.  The Boston Bruins have nothing to do with being Irish, dont force it.  Just enjoy the holiday and game.

[/QUOTE]

Boston is a very Irish town, and from a marketing standpoint, those dombass micks will buy anything with a shamrock on it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

There you go again, you Irish get all defensive at the drop of a hat.[/QUOTE]

No the Irish drink and dance at the drop of the hat. Thank goodness i'm only half Mick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Boston is a very Irish town, and from a marketing standpoint, those dombass micks will buy anything with a shamrock on it.

[/QUOTE]

Boston also has a gret deal of puerto rican, vietnamese,brazilian, italians etc etc.

Though I agree with the marketing standpoint, its a business and if you can make money off something then do it. But I also think its just silly and annoying as a fan.  

Colors are black and gold. Not green with a wee pot o' gold.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No the Irish drink and dance at the drop of the hat. Thank goodness i'm only half Mick.

[/QUOTE]

Not so sure about the dancing part.  Only 2 holidays I know of where the object of the game is to get drunk - New Years Eve and St. Patrick's day.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

My ancestors are Brits. We been trying to rid the planet of micks for well over a century now. Don't need a bunch of drunken bastages wearing a green B sweater with green beer barf all down the front while I'm trying to enjoy a hockey game. :P

(I'm 1/8 irish, or thereabouts)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No the Irish drink and dance at the drop of the hat. Thank goodness i'm only half Mick.[/QUOTE]

Not so sure about the dancing part.  Only 2 holidays I know of where the object of the game is to get drunk - New Years Eve and St. Patrick's day.[/QUOTE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjHZZCdvwNc

Don't know what history classes you took but here's a brief, quick lesson.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Bah, the real drinking holiday has already passed - Robbie Burns

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My ancestors are Brits. We been trying to rid the planet of micks for well over a century now. Don't need a bunch of drunken bastages wearing a green B sweater with green beer barf all down the front while I'm trying to enjoy a hockey game. :P

[/QUOTE]

You haven't been trying to get rid of the Irish.  You've just been stealing their land and making them work it anyway...and then stealing their crops.

Frigggin' British.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you sound just like Daniel Day Lewis in Gangs of NY

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You haven't been trying to get rid of the Irish.  You've just been stealing their land and making them work it anyway...and then stealing their crops.

Frigggin' British.

[/QUOTE]

Well we figured we would work 'em to death and starvation and alcoholism would do the rest. They're turning out to be more resilient than we expected.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm an Irishmen and I love St. Patty's Day, but I also think the gimmicks have run their course for the season.  Let the fans wear green.  The Bruins are Black and Gold.  

I'll have a carbomb while I'll watch -- both to enjoy the wonderful bailey-guinness-jameson blend and also to remind those worthless, limey, potato stealin' Brits to keep one eye open...;

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Next year they'll schedule an outdoor game.  The Bruins will wear jerseys done up to look like black pots on the bottom and gold coins up top.  They'll play on green ice.

Sound good?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm an Irishmen and I love St. Patty's Day, but I also think the gimmicks have run their course for the season.  Let the fans wear green.  The Bruins are Black and Gold.  

I'll have a carbomb while I'll watch -- both to enjoy the wonderful bailey-guinness-jameson blend and also to remind those worthless, limey, potato stealin' Brits to keep one eye open...;

[/QUOTE]

Can't we all just get along?

Rodney King - Notable Irishman

Sections
Shortcuts