Stalman may miss game 4...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

Stalman may miss game 4...

Rangers' Stralman may miss Game 4

The Rangers already were facing a problem of depth — the Bruins have it and they lack it.

Things didn’t get any better in Tuesday night’s 2-1 loss to the Bruins in Game 3 of their Eastern Conference semifinal at the Garden, dropping the Rangers into a 3-0 series hole and to the brink of elimination.

With just under seven minutes remaining in the second period, defenseman Anton Stralman was slammed into the backboards by burly Bruins forward Milan Lucic, dazing Stralman to the point where he could hardly defend Nathan Horton in front of the net as he rang one off the crossbar. Stralman returned for one more shift in the second period but was not on the bench to start the third, and his status going into tomorrow night’s Game 4 is unknown.

“It’s huge,” coach John Tortorella said of Stralman’s loss, both of the Bruins’ goals coming in the third period after he went down. “He has played so well. That’s a big blow to us as far as [matchups] and just our depth within our game.”

BBB

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

Re: Stalman may miss game 4...

pardon me - Stralman.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Ah, the value of a heavy forechecker in a playoff series.  Not to celebrate an injury...but...you know...I like Lucic pounding an already thin defensive core every chance he gets.  He absolutely crumpled Stralman.  I don't expect to see him again, whether this series ends tomorrow or next week.

The Nash deal rears its head again -- Tim Erixon was perhaps the best young talent coming up for the Rangers blueline.  Some young depth sent to Columbus.  I bet they could use him now.  See Krug, Bartkowski...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I bet they miss Anisimov, Prust and Dubinski.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

I bet they miss Anisimov, Prust and Dubinski.

I bet Anisimov, Prust and Dubinski miss playing longer into the season. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Watching Stralman try to play the rest of the shift was excruciating. He just got crushed by Lucic!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Anyone have a link to this his.  Want to watch it again but cant find one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

Here you go:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=671563

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to Rufus604's comment:

Here you go:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=671563

Thx

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to NorthernB's comment:

Rangers' Stralman may miss Game 4

The Rangers already were facing a problem of depth — the Bruins have it and they lack it.

Things didn’t get any better in Tuesday night’s 2-1 loss to the Bruins in Game 3 of their Eastern Conference semifinal at the Garden, dropping the Rangers into a 3-0 series hole and to the brink of elimination.

With just under seven minutes remaining in the second period, defenseman Anton Stralman was slammed into the backboards by burly Bruins forward Milan Lucic, dazing Stralman to the point where he could hardly defend Nathan Horton in front of the net as he rang one off the crossbar. Stralman returned for one more shift in the second period but was not on the bench to start the third, and his status going into tomorrow night’s Game 4 is unknown.

“It’s huge,” coach John Tortorella said of Stralman’s loss, both of the Bruins’ goals coming in the third period after he went down. “He has played so well. That’s a big blow to us as far as [matchups] and just our depth within our game.”

BBB

There's that 'burly' reference coming up again...the Burly Boston Bruins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to NorthernB's comment:

Somehow I would expect a more optimistic response from Torts, like 'well, somebody will have to step up'.  This sounds a tad like defeatism.  'It's huge', 'a big blow' -- is somebody preparing excuses from tonight's presser?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

He doesn't seem like a coach that instills confidence in his players..( "he stinks" quote comes to mind...) I think your right Fletch - he is lining up the excuses/reasons for defeat - music to my ears !

GO (burly) Bruins!!!

BB

Sections
Shortcuts