Stamkos asked for a trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Stamkos asked for a trade

Tweet by Eric Erlendsson 
    Just when I thought things would quiet down RT  ?  *BREAKING NHL NEWS*Source:Stamkos told agent he wants a *TRADE*
    Retweeted by KDP

Interesting that no one else on Twitter has mentioned this in the past hour?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Re: Stamkos asked for a trade

I won't believe it until I hear it from Eklund.

http://crazyweatherman.angelfire.com/random/rumourgen.htm

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Odd - especially since his agent and Yzerman were both quoted in the Toronto Sun just yesterday stating how close they were to getting a deal done.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

After the great job Steve Yzerman did this past season, it's impossible to believe he won't get Stamkos signed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Yea; I wont believe that till it actually happens.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Stamkos asked for a trade:
    [QUOTE]After the great job Steve Yzerman did this past season, it's impossible to believe he won't get Stamkos signed.
    Posted by felixwas[/QUOTE]

After TB lost to Boston, the media got up off their knees from in front of him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

The B's could possibly have a shot at a signing at some point, but there's zero chance TB trades the rights for Stamkos to an Eastern rival who just eliminated them.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

This is crap.  I repeat - crap. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

I am cutting and pasting from my comments from the last stamkos thread that i came into late.As far as the Bruins potentially adding Stamkos:

" the solution to scoring goals isn't to cripple your team financially on the best offensive free agent (or RFA in this case). Yes, Stamkos is the premier goal scorer in the NHL, and that isn't a fluke, but he isn't Sidney Crosby. Scoring goals is pretty much all Stamkos does. His style of play is antithetical to the Bruins system, and while I would still love to have him on the team, he will command too great a portion of this team's cap space to ever hope to build around a principle other than offense. He is far too well established to change his game to fit the Bruins prefered two-way, 5v5 style. 

Stamkos is also coming off a post-season that saw him net 13 total points in 19 games for a whopping -5. To further indict him, in ONLY the games in which Stamkos scored points (which should be favoring him) he managed -1 on the +/- side of things. In fact, most of the other Lightning players were better at generating scoring changes throughout the playoffs than the great Stamkos, his 5v5 Corsi plus/minus (-9.23) was good enough for 10th on Tampa Bay (excluding players with less than 7 GP). Given the fact he's setting himself up to get over-paid in the most fertile free agent-markets in which you can be over-paid, I am HIGHLY skeptical that he will deserve the money he will get. That is, I don't simply ignore it when one of the supposed best players in the game, who isn't injured in any visible way, is relatively unspectacular with the championship on the line.

People want to have their cake and eat it too. We heard the same crap with the Kovalchuk-to-Boston saga. Currently, the Bruins have the perfect system, and the perfect player core to build on the style that just brought us a ffing stanley cup. 

Will Seguin turn into as productive a player as Stamkos? If we are lucky he will, and I have my fingers crossed, but I hope that productivity comes with a healthy dose of Julien's defensive conscience beaten into his brain. No need to completely change the identity of this team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

As I posted last week: Stamkos is on his way to Toronto, it's just a matter of time and working out the compensation. It will be a deal - no offer sheet.

At this point, two of the pieces are Phil Kessel and, yes, Joe Colbourne. Yes, I did say Joe Colbourne. There will be at least 3 more pieces to come. Two of those three (or perhaps all three) will be 1st round choices.

Brian Burke will also make him the highest paid player in the game.

Stamkos wants Toronto. That is why the deal is getting made.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]As I posted last week: Stamkos is on his way to Toronto, it's just a matter of time and working out the compensation. It will be a deal - no offer sheet. At this point, two of the pieces are Phil Kessel and, yes, Joe Colbourne. Yes, I did say Joe Colbourne. There will be at least 3 more pieces to come. Two of those three (or perhaps all three) will be 1st round choices. Brian Burke will also make him the highest paid player in the game. Stamkos wants Toronto. That is why the deal is getting made.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    Wheats, I'm not saying you're wrong but it will be too bad if Stamkos leaves a contender in T-Bay in order to make more money in Leaf land.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"who isn't injured in any visible way, is relatively unspectacular with the championship on the line."

Ols, You have to be kidding me 119 goals in 3 season at 21 years young and your going to bring up his +/- ?

If Stamkos gets under 8M a year then he should fire his agent. The only reason he has gotten beat up by a team like Boston because naturally he hasn't been able to keep the weight on throughout the season that he try's to gain every off season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]"who isn't injured in any visible way, is relatively unspectacular with the championship on the line." Ols, You have to be kidding me 119 goals in 3 season at 21 years young and your going to bring up his +/- ? If Stamkos gets under 8M a year then he should fire his agent. The only reason he has gotten beat up by a team like Boston because naturally he hasn't been able to keep the weight on throughout the season that he try's to gain every off season.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I didn't bring up just his +/-, I brought up his relative impact when the stakes are the highest. I said he didn't perform when the stakes actually mattered. Will he get paid? Certainly, BUT SO DID JOE THORNTON, another guy who didn't show up when his team needed him the most.

If he doesn't keep on the weight and fails in the post-season, well that's too ffing bad, poor baby. I don't invest a huge percentage of my cap on players that aren't condusive to championships.

I hope you know the difference between traditional +/- and  Corsi +/-.

Stamkos was not a premier impact player in the playoffs... and you are apologizing for him because of regular season success... its a loser mentality.

I should note: I'm not criticizing you sandog, or saying Stamkos isn't a good player. I'm just saying that I think he is looking to be one of the games top paid players and I don't think he deserves it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

I feel like 13 points in 19 games for a 21 year old in his first NHL playoffs is not too shabby, regardless of plus/minus. He showed some pretty serious moxie when he almost got his nose ripped off by a Boychuk shot, then raced off the ice to get it fixed so he could get back out there as quickly as possible. That makes him a serious competitor in my book. Yes, he's learning what it takes to win at the NHL level, but in every game I've seen him in, he doesn't ever float or avoid contact or anything like that. He's got a bright future and I truly believe he will be one of the NHL elite by the time he's 25. Stamkos has already shown that he can score bunches of goals at this level, and he has worked with Gary Roberts in each off-season, which shows his commitment to becoming a stronger and better player. Not sure I'd want to pay him the money he seems to be looking for quite yet though, unless I was trying to get to the cap floor.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]"who isn't injured in any visible way, is relatively unspectacular with the championship on the line." Ols, You have to be kidding me 119 goals in 3 season at 21 years young and your going to bring up his +/- ? If Stamkos gets under 8M a year then he should fire his agent. The only reason he has gotten beat up by a team like Boston because naturally he hasn't been able to keep the weight on throughout the season that he try's to gain every off season.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    I really hope he doesn't get 8 unless it comes as a result of an offer sheet because the league will be on a slippery slope if RFA's start being signed to 8,000,000$ contracts. Contract status is the only real leverage the owners have with young players.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Stamkos asked for a trade:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stamkos asked for a trade : Stamkos was not a premier impact player in the playoffs... and you are apologizing for him because of regular season success... its a loser mentality. I'm just saying that I think he is looking to be one of the games top paid players and I don't think he deserves it. Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

If I have at one of your posts there is no reason to apologize have at it. This was Steve's very 1st playoffs ever and he took a slap shot of the face but came right back onto the ice that is all character.

If 13 points in 18 games isn't enough, if a game tying goal in a crucial game 3 vs. Washington or  if 3 points in a must win game 6 vs Boston isn't enough for a kid who was 20 years young a month earlier then do indeed stick to your guns.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Stamkos going to TO in a deal that involves Kessel somehow amuses me very much.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Paille + Pouliot + Hamill for Stamkos ...

Stanely Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hard to say Stamkos IS or ISNT a playoff performer when he's played a total of 19 games in one season - and his team came within a 1-0 shut-out of making the Finals.  Also hard - really hard - to know if Stamkos will be a 50 goal player without Marty St Louis.  He had a terrible slump this year after a red-hot start, and didn't make 50 because of it.  At one point, he looked like he might make a run at 50 in 50.

Wheat, I was going to say your deal makes no sense, but as I'm thinking it through, the Lightning have a cap problem that likely makes it difficult for them to build on last year in the short term, so maybe the picks make some sense.  On the other hand, St. Louis's time as a Hart candidate has to wrap up soon, and they're going with Old man Roloson for another year, which doesn't sound like they're going into a rebuild.  Anyway, any deal with Toronto acquiring a star player sounds bogus until it actually happens. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Paille + Pouliot + Hamill for Stamkos ... Stanely Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanely Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanely Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanely Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanely Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanely Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

That's a lot ( all former 1st rounders ) to give up for Stamkos ! Any one of them might turn into the next Wheeler .

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Actually I like Wheat's scenario. It's built on the premise that Stamkos wants to go to a Hockey mecca, and you cannot blame him. Certainly the new ownership and Yzerman want to build up Tampa Bay, but even the baseball "Rays" are not drawing any sell-out crowds with a team that is constantly challenging the Yankees and Red Sox [hello Carl Crawford].  Toronto's management would love Stamkos as a drawing card and would pay the 8 mil to get him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stamkos asked for a trade : I should note: I'm not criticizing you sandog, or saying Stamkos isn't a good player. I'm just saying that I think he is looking to be one of the games top paid players and I don't think he deserves it.
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

Outside of Crosby, who would you say does deserve to be the games highest paid players?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Can't justify Richards at $10 mil so I'm sure Stamkos will get redonkulous money.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]Can't justify Richards at $10 mil so I'm sure Stamkos will get redonkulous money.
    Posted by number08[/QUOTE]

who is this richards that is getting 10  million? Brad's cap hit is 6.667. Realistically Stamkos is an elite player. He is in the category of Crosby and Ovechkin, personally I would much prefer Stamkos over Ovechkin. This contract should have been simple, 5 years at 9 million or something like that 

Sections
Shortcuts