Stamkos YOU FREAK!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Stamkos YOU FREAK!

This guy gets interviewed today. He's walking without a cast, no crutches, no walking boot & working out again with his leg that needed screws to put it back into place. It was just 2 wks ago this guy got hurt. I don't think the Lightning, or Team Canada needs to worry. Simply amazing stuff. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Stamkos YOU FREAK!

I half expected this to be a story about how he scored a natural hat trick and was named second star of the week in the NHL from his oxygen bed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I half expected this to be a story about how he scored a natural hat trick and was named second star of the week in the NHL from his oxygen bed.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO! Sorry for the disappointment, but I still think it's quite a feat to be this far along after only 2 wks of having a possible career threatening injury.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That bone can't possibly be healed yet.  Shame on his doctors and the team for allowing this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I hope he's smart about it and doesnt rush back for the Olympics. Appreciate his love of playing and toughness, but think big picture here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Just read the Stamkos article on NHL.com.  It was a clean break with a rod inserted.  The tibia is not healed but after initial pain from surgery he is able to walk around without crutches etc.  Several more months of rehab.  Interesting perspective he has on the whole incident, he is a class act for sure.  

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=693044&navid=nhl:topheads

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Freak of nature if that's healed up. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Hope he makes it for the Olympics.  Even if he does it would be had to imagine him at 100%, but then again he is a FREAK

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Canadian heart.  Wants to play for his country.  Hes doing double therapy. Wants to return the end of January.  Love Stampkos.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

I can't remember what show it was on, but they were showing his off-season conditioning program. The guy is truly an incredible athlete. Hope he makes it back for the Olympics. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Canadian heart.  Wants to play for his country.  Hes doing double therapy. Wants to return the end of January.  Love Stampkos.  

[/QUOTE]

You are so ridiculpous.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are so ridiculpous.

[/QUOTE]

Two years ago, shupe = 80% interesting and logical; 20% nonsense

Now, shupe = 80% nonsense; 20% interesting and logical.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hope he makes it for the Olympics.  Even if he does it would be had to imagine him at 100%, but then again he is a FREAK

[/QUOTE]

If i was stamkos i will not play for the team canada. The reason he is still young and he will get another chance to play for canada. If i could say, " hey !, Stamkos rebuild your leg for game shape and don't get involve with a short tournament".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think his turning point was two years ago when he argued that Hal Freakin Gill was better than Chara.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If I were the GM of Tampa, I would hire someone to make StamPkos take it easy and do his rehab slowly. Watched the Sam the-most-fragile-tibia-ever Bowie "Storied SEC" bio the other night, man did he get bad advice. Tried too come back way too quickly each time he broke his leg. Finally Bowie takes his time and was able too put a decent NBA career together.

Is someone on here going willing too say "StamPkos will play in the Olympics!" ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

That bone can't possibly be healed yet.  Shame on his doctors and the team for allowing this.

[/QUOTE]

Mike Johnson made a good point on NHL Tonight last night. He said Stamkos had a rod inserted and that the bone will still take the 4-6 weeks. I'm no doctor, maybe someone can help out, but wouldnt it be better to not be walking on it either way?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandShore. Show OrrandShore's posts

Watch this guy get hurt in his first olympic game and then give up the remaining 40 NHL games for this short term tournament.    Bad decision.    But, why is his team letting him play in the olympics.  They are the ones with the money invested in this guy????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to OrrandShore's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Watch this guy get hurt in his first olympic game and then give up the remaining 40 NHL games for this short term tournament.    Bad decision.    But, why is his team letting him play in the olympics.  They are the ones with the money invested in this guy????

[/QUOTE]

No decision has been made yet.

Bad post.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Tampa would have to be NUTS to even think about allowing him to play.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think his turning point was two years ago when he argued that Hal Freakin Gill was better than Chara.

[/QUOTE]

Never ever did i say that.  I compared money.  At the time(4 yrs for the record) Hall was a top shutdown dman.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are so ridiculpous.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

On what topics.  If you feel this way please ignore.  Just bc im against the rask contract it makes my posts off track?   On topics like kadri lucic running of goalies there are similarities.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are so ridiculpous.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

On what topics.  If you feel this way please ignore.  Just bc im against the rask contract it makes my posts off track?   On topics like kadri lucic running of goalies there are similarities.  

[/QUOTE]

Nah, I don't ignore.  I like the 20%.

Being against the Rask contract is prefectly fair and valid (even after hearing it 1000 times).  But the Stanley-esce devotion to that prediction, which results in doggedly pumping the tires of Corey Crawford to somehow boost that prediction gets tiresome.  Is there one person here who didn't think the goalie of the best team in the NHL would win some games this year?  No.  Crawford is good.

I have a feeling you're gonna be insufferable during the Olympics too...

Still like you though, if you care.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are so ridiculpous.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nah, I don't ignore.  I like the 20%.

Being against the Rask contract is prefectly fair and valid (even after hearing it 1000 times).  But the Stanley-esce devotion to that prediction, which results in doggedly pumping the tires of Corey Crawford to somehow boost that prediction gets tiresome.  Is there one person here who didn't think the goalie of the best team in the NHL would win some games this year?  No.  Crawford is good.

I have a feeling you're gonna be insufferable during the Olympics too...

Still like you though, if you care.  

[/QUOTE]

Well flecth if you remember i did comment on what crawford may be worth.  People asked who I would want if money wasnt an issue.  Book makes a comparison to leighton and actually started a goalie thread with my name before i started mine.  Leighton never won the cup or was in talks for the conn smythe, without looking im pretty sure crawford likely has double his wins.  Some on her dont believe he is an elite class.  I personally put him in conversation with just about any of the top 10 goalies.  crawford is having another great year.  

Insfferable as compared to my US counterparts.  Nothing wrong with cheering for your country.  Americans are very much patriotic on everything red white and blue.   As am i for the red and white Maple leaf.  Go revisit the world junior thread last year please and thanks.  

I think i go above and beyond at times but also can discuss things like OT tie breakers etc or hitting rules etc etc.  

i am the first to admit i will not wear homer glasses and have been called the best troll ever 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Crawford is a very good goalie, but I still wouldn't put him in the elite class with Rask, Hanky, and the likes. There are tons of teams who would love to employ his services, though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Crawford is a very good goalie, but I still wouldn't put him in the elite class with Rask, Hanky, and the likes. There are tons of teams who would love to employ his services, though.

[/QUOTE]

Im not sure i would either but what the heck has hank done past the regular season.  The fact the guy has won a cup(likely should have won conn smythe)and is leading the league in wins after his team won the jennings and he made the all rookie team and hes in conversation to make team canada tells me he is elite.  Whats he gotta do to be put in that class?   

he was 19-5 last year in the jennings year topped with a stanley cup

he is 16-4 this year.   

i have repeated my stance that Quick is the best.  But im consistent that goalies are so up and down its next to impossible to bank a pay cheque on year in year out performance.  Nothing has proven that more then this year.  

anyone who doesnt think Price is in the top 3 this year needs to watch him.  Hes been unreal.  

Sections
Shortcuts