Stamkos

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Stamkos

Extra kudos for this kid to take a Johnny Rocket off the noggin and play with/through that type of an injury. He's probably going to have a nose like Looch's now. He's a tough kid, no doubt about it! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

Re: Stamkos

Ditto...nails all the way. Just very glad he wasn't up to speed to stop Horton on that lone goal. Awesome series Tampa Bay!

GO B'S!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

Yeah my friends and I were talkin about it as it happened.  Shows a ton of character and toughness.  Such a cliche thing to say but it's the damn truth.  That kid is a beast.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

Yeah, really.  Any more questions about which sport's athletes are toughest?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Very true and kudos to horton who looked a bit shaken up before scoring the goal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Cam you imagine that in baseball.  They would miss the season.  Basketball they would miss 3 season.  Hockey, it depends how fast they can stitch them up.  St. Louis and Duncan Keith getting teeth knocked out.  Hockey players are a different breed.  Throwing their heads into shots just in an attempt to stop one play. 
    I love hockey!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

WRESTLING.  top 2 tough guy sports, hockey and wrestling. absolute machines. in wrestling, we  just glue it shut and throw a bunch of tape over it. max time lost, about 3 or 4 minutes. both sports' athletes are true warriors. not a surprise they are the most humble athletes also.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Stamkos:
    [QUOTE]WRESTLING.  top 2 tough guy sports, hockey and wrestling. absolute machines. in wrestling, we  just glue it shut and throw a bunch of tape over it. max time lost, about 3 or 4 minutes. both sports' athletes are true warriors. not a surprise they are the most humble athletes also.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Do you mean wrestling like steroid jacked grown men in buttcrack shorts who enjoy having teenage boys yelling their names, or do you mean high school and college kids who wear tights and roll around with other males?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

That bandaid they put on it was absolutely discusting.  i thought part of his nose was missing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

NAS....anyone homophobic? btw, to answer your question, the real stuff.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?

In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?:
    [QUOTE]Lots of criticism of David Stern in this forum.  I wonder what the motivation is?  I think BOS had 3 championships under O'Brien's 10 year tenure, but only 2 in the last 27 years under David Stern's guidance.  Of course, we all know the proud history of the Celtics from 50 years ago.  Perhaps you all simply can't accept that your franchise is not as relevant as it once was, and have resorted to tinfoil on my head conspiracy theories, rather than facing the truth.
    Posted by ItsNot1966anymor[/QUOTE]

No.  This forum and fans are not alone.  I don't know which team you support but I will guarantee that it is not Sacramento or Dallas.  Adrian Wojnarowski wrote a column after Stern disciplined Stan VanGundy.  There he stated that the commissioner would have used the threat of calls going against Orlando amongst other things.

You are saying that NBA does not controll officiating?  Check out the first two games of the finals last year.  The games were called completely differently for some reason.  I am not saying that it was to some team's advantage.  But NBA does control and bias officiating to serve their perceived needs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

What the???? Who let the Celtics fans in here?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Tough kid, great character, unbelievable goal scorer...I was glad to see him come back in the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[QUOTE]Cam you imagine that in baseball.  They would miss the season.  Basketball they would miss 3 season.  Hockey, it depends how fast they can stitch them up.  St. Louis and Duncan Keith getting teeth knocked out.  Hockey players are a different breed.  Throwing their heads into shots just in an attempt to stop one play.  I love hockey!
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Not to mention soccer. They require a stretcher sometimes to get back to the bench when they get kicked in shin. This is the best example of how tough hockey players are since that Flyer got hit by the car J-walking and said to the driver, 'It's ok, I'm a hockey player'.... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaden. Show Jaden's posts

If Stamkos wasn't wearing a face shield the damage would have been much worse. Possibly career or even life threatening. Here's hoping his recovery is a speedy one. The league needs players like him. And he would awesome in black and gold!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stamkos : Not to mention soccer. They require a stretcher sometimes to get back to the bench when they get kicked in shin. This is the best example of how tough hockey players are since that Flyer got hit by the car J-walking and said to the driver, 'It's ok, I'm a hockey player'.... 
    Posted by 49thparallel[/QUOTE]

Brandon Witt of the Islanders at the time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hendy77. Show hendy77's posts

Stamkos showed toughness and grit.

He'd be a great Bruin!

That nose looked like it was going to hurt for a long time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Pre draft there were comparisons of Seguin to Stamkos, by Chiarelli IIRC.  Let's hope some of that toughness is part of the package.  Can't hurt for a kid like Seguin to see that, and I'm sure countless other examples of the Bruins seeing the trainer, getting shot up with some drug, just to go out a play.  The learning continues.