Stan Jonathan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

Stan Jonathan

Holy Shit One of my fav Bruins

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Stan Jonathan

This is really sad....a hunting accident...

This guy made me so proud when he beat up Pierre Bouchard...

really sad news ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (if there is a season)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I haven't seen enough detail on this to know just how negligent SJ was.  Serious and sad either way, but I hope it doesn't get worse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

To clarify, because when I first read the post & threads I thought it was Stan that had died.

It was Stan Jonathan was charged with negligent homicide

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/836212--police-charge-six-nations-man-in-kosid-hunting-death

And from it sounds like, Stan was quite negligent.  From my understanding of all those stings I see on TV, shooting from a roadway is illegal.  The guy was more than 300 yards away.  then again, the last sentence of the article makes it sound like there's a different set of rules on the reservation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Hmm, good hard nosed player who was never known for his shot until now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ouch.  brutal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Terrible news. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Too soon man. Too soon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I never turned into much of a hunter, but I do remember a golden rule that was be sure of your target and what's beyond it. 

My thoughts are with the family's of both men.  This will be difficult for them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This happens.  It sucks, but it does happen.

It's not like he's Craig MacTavish.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Even with an orange vest hunting can be very dangerous. Too bad Jonathan won't get Dick Cheney's attorneys. Hoping justice is fair with Jonathan, meaning he isn't convicted 1st in public and then the courts cave.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This happens.  It sucks, but it does happen.

It's not like he's Craig MacTavish.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't Jonathan also get a DUI? I thought he got something like this while with the Pens. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Didn't Jonathan also get a DUI? I thought he got something like this while with the Pens. 

[/QUOTE]

A lot of people have DUI. MacTavis killed a woman.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I know what McTavish did NAS. I thought there was more to the DUI with Stan though, or there was more than one time he was caught. The thing is NAS is that it's illegal to shoot at anything on a roadway, near a roadway. IF the TSN article is accurate than that means Jonathan saw something from the roadway, shot at it. Missed it & killed a bow hunter. Accident? 100% without a reasonable doubt I think it was. Avoidable? 100 % without a reasonable doubt it was. Now a lot of people say that these laws aren't the same on reservations. That's not true. Natives may have different rights as to what they can shoot & how many, but they have the same gun laws as anyone else. I lost a cousin the exact same way. Guy shot at Moose from the side of the road, missed & killed my cousin. IF this is what Stanley did? I hope he gets the max of the law. I bring up the DUI thing, because it shows Stan doesn't always abide by the law.  Loved Jonathan as a player & gave me lots of proud moments, but for this I can't just shrug it off & say it was an accident that can happen to anybody. It only happened, because Jonathan was stupid & selfish!  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

300 yards away ! 3 football fields ! I don't know anything about guns, but man, those things are powerful. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I used to hunt a lot with my uncles & buddies back in NB. Here's to give you an idea on rifle bullet travel Chowda.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/learning/hunter_education/homestudy/firearms/bullets.phtml