Stand up Defenseman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Stand up Defenseman

In Response to Re: Stand up Defenseman:
    ok dez...so wouldn't ference be a hypocrite for not calling out palle? i bet you crosby wished he had said something now-little late. good for you andrew ference. you can't talk the talk if your not willing to walk the walk.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

I thought he only called out Crosby after he'd already said that about Paille.Regardless,let's fight about something else.We're never going to agree on this one.Cheers!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i prefer to call it spirited discussion... of which we've had a few- and as far as i know i'm undefeated- ha ha ha ha-just kidding, you might have snuck a good point or two in there... i'll have to check! good banter my friend

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

dez, I think you can only speak of potential benefits.  Being mature enough to criticize the action but still back your teammate isn't easy and it shows character, professionalism, and conviction.  I would hope that contributes to the Bruins identity, so when teams come in they know they aren't playing a team that loves the cheap stuff when it works for them and cry like Nancy Kerrigan when it doesn't.  Maybe, just maybe, that keeps teams from thinking "let's do it to them before they do it to us."  As long as the Bruins have half a dozen guys who can answer the bell, this won't come off as wussy because it's not motivated by fear. At very least, I respect the team for not closing ranks and crying that Paille is paying for a mistake.  Donte Stallworth also paid for a mistake.  When a guy makes a mistake, he deals with the consequences and everyone moves on.  When a guy does something like this on purpose, he fights tooth and nail against the consequences...so he can do it again. This isn't Robby Ftorek hanging Kyle McLaren out.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Kind of off topic, but this is the third time in the last two days someone's made a Nancy Kerrigan crack. Fogetting for a moment that she annoyed the hell out of me and the whole incident took place 17 years ago and I have no idea why it still gets brought up, but someone she'd never met had just taken a tire iron to her kneecap. I think most of us would be asking "why" as well. Plus after having her knee caved in she still came back and won a silver medal. Yeah she was annoying, but coming back from that kind of attack and that kind of injury to win an Olympic medal? If a hockey player puulled that off we'd be comending their toughness. Anyway, just weird to see three Kerigan references on this board in two days.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Amid the calls for Shaughnessy to shut up and the claims that the media doesn't understand the situation, let's remember that Don Cherry is the one who really got this whole thing started by having his predictably worn out, over-the-top, 'ol-timey hockey, obey the code, reaction to this thing.  Cherry, as always, was trying to be bombastic and entertaining.  I bet everyone here would agree (whether you are supporting Ference or not) that Cherry and Milbury have made this whole thing a much bigger deal than it should be.

This whole little tempest of drama exists because of the media, so I think Shaughnessy and others are entitled to have an opinion too, regardless of NHL experience.   I don't buy for one second that this is a big deal inside the Bruins locker room.  And, that's waht matters.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

at least she's not forgotten! you have to admit it red... there is SOME comedic value here, it was 17 years ago, and she's ok(not as funny if she died)-yeesh, i mean there is some positive that came of this, it "launched" tanya hardings' television career!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I know... it just struck me as odd that after not having heard of her in a decade her name pops up here, of all places, repeatedly out of nowhere - now if it was a dated crack like "cried like Ulf Sameullson" that would make sense. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclemiltie42. Show unclemiltie42's posts

This is just my opinion so here goes.Ference addressing the media is the way it should go down.Talking to the players on the hit in all likelyhood would would stay in the dressing room.Doing it "like a member of his team"which I think he will still be,makes me proud to cheer for the bruins.We all know who should have done it,Bettman,yeah the little pr####,he's the one that should have stood up for decent players like Savy,and Bergeron.Being silent is not going to do it.Cooke,you don't belong in the NHL.You're still doing your BS on a game to game basis.If there is justice served,your teamates would step up like Ference and get you the hell out of hockey.You're WIRED WRONG!!!Have a good day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

ADK-growing with tough love you should know that you don't air your dirty laundry to the mailman(media) or the tough love would have been tougher, just saying.

This hit was not a cheapshot it was a hit gone bad.

If this becomes a cheapshot saying you cannot touch anyone from blindside all hitting will be taken out of hockey.  Your hit is to not hit THE HEAD, body is the aim.

Berg does not do a lot of hitting, he does do a lot of back checking and comes on blindside of player skating with the puck and shoulder rubs or bump as you may call it to take the puck away.  This is just a rub away from missing a shoulder pad and making helmet contact, player goes down bangs head again off ice or boards and then where will we be. There will be no turning back it is a blindside hit as he comes from behind.  It would be a hockey play but it would have bad results.  The hit from Pail was a hockey play that went bad, that is all.

Ference still needs to shut his trap, though.

PLEASE STOP PUTTING THIS HIT IN THE SAME CATEGORY AS TO WHAT HAPPENED TO BERG OR SAV, THIS WAS NOT EVEN AS BAD AS 2 HITS ON SAV RECENTLY, WHICH WERE HEAD SHOTS FIRST AND FOREMOST.

PRETTY SURE SAV DOES NOT HAVE A SEPERATED SHOULDER.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

ADK-growing with tough love you should know that you don't air your dirty laundry to the mailman(media) or the tough love would have been tougher, just saying. This hit was not a cheapshot it was a hit gone bad. If this becomes a cheapshot saying you cannot touch anyone from blindside all hitting will be taken out of hockey.  Your hit is to not hit THE HEAD, body is the aim. Berg does not do a lot of hitting, he does do a lot of back checking and comes on blindside of player skating with the puck and shoulder rubs or bump as you may call it to take the puck away.  This is just a rub away from missing a shoulder pad and making helmet contact, player goes down bangs head again off ice or boards and then where will we be. There will be no turning back it is a blindside hit as he comes from behind.  It would be a hockey play but it would have bad results.  The hit from Pail was a hockey play that went bad, that is all. Ference still needs to shut his trap, though. PLEASE STOP PUTTING THIS HIT IN THE SAME CATEGORY AS TO WHAT HAPPENED TO BERG OR SAV, THIS WAS NOT EVEN AS BAD AS 2 HITS ON SAV RECENTLY, WHICH WERE HEAD SHOTS FIRST AND FOREMOST. PRETTY SURE SAV DOES NOT HAVE A SEPERATED SHOULDER.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

How can you say this is not like the Cooke hit on Savard?  It was a HIGH blindside hit on an unsuspecting player.  You may not think Paille was headhunting (and I'd completely agree with you), but Cooke would say the same thing about his hit.

And I don't understand how is gawd's name you think Hunwick was head hunting!!  Even Savard admitted it was a clean hit.  Savard was admiring his pass and took a hit along the boards.  His head may have been hit but it was not TARGETTED.  I haven't seen anyone else say that Hunwick's hit was in any way dirty.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Stand up Defenseman : How can you say this is not like the Cooke hit on Savard?  It was a HIGH blindside hit on an unsuspecting player.  You may not think Paille was headhunting (and I'd completely agree with you), but Cooke would say the same thing about his hit. And I don't understand how is gawd's name you think Hunwick was head hunting!!  Even Savard admitted it was a clean hit.  Savard was admiring his pass and took a hit along the boards.  His head may have been hit but it was not TARGETTED.  I haven't seen anyone else say that Hunwick's hit was in any way dirty.
    Posted by 306bruinsfan

I didn't think Hunwick's hit was dirty but I've seen many here who disagree.Also,the puck was nowhere near Savard when he was hit by Cooke.I thought the puck was in Sawada's vicinity when he was hit.Big difference in my eyes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Any player carrying the puck better not be unsuspecting,n totally stupid.

I'm done with this one, await the next one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Stand up Defenseman : I didn't think Hunwick's hit was dirty but I've seen many here who disagree.Also,the puck was nowhere near Savard when he was hit by Cooke.I thought the puck was in Sawada's vicinity when he was hit.Big difference in my eyes.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I dunno... Hunwick was finishing his check which players are taught to do.  You'll see Lucic make later hits than that on a game to game basis.

By no means do I think Paille's hit was as bad as Cooke's but Paille literally JUMPS UP at Sawada when he makes the hit.  He's aiming high on that one.  Very similar to the Matt Cooke hit IMO.  The difference between the two is that Matt Cooke pulls this garbage on a nightly basis and Paille is (as far as I know) a first time offender.

Sections
Shortcuts