Standings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Standings

I was writing a question about once the game in hand is gone and the Bruins and Habs are still tied, but I just realized that the tiebreaker goes to head-to-head meetings where the Bruins would be screwed...

So they have to win at least one game and hope that Montreal tanks it against the Jets and Leafs...

Seems harder than it sounds to win that game with how they're playing recently...

Gotta get that win tomorrow against the Lightning it seems...

I have trouble believing this team will beat the Caps or even the Sens at home...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Standings

In response to mannyortez3424's comment:

I was writing a question about once the game in hand is gone and the Bruins and Habs are still tied, but I just realized that the tiebreaker goes to head-to-head meetings where the Bruins would be screwed...

So they have to win at least one game and hope that Montreal tanks it against the Jets and Leafs...

Seems harder than it sounds to win that game with how they're playing recently...

I have trouble believing this team will beat the Caps or even the Sens at home...

ROW is the tie break is it not?

* - Division leaders are seeded 1, 2, and 3 in Conference standings. If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

• The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
    • The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.
    • The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.
    • The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season. NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to mannyortez3424's comment:

ROW is the tie break is it not?

* - Division leaders are seeded 1, 2, and 3 in Conference standings. If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

• The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
    • The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.
    • The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.
    • The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season. NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

Yes Dez, that is correct. Right now Habs have 24 in the ROW column and Bruins have 23. Habs would also win head to head tiebreaker. Bruins will have to outright finish with more points to grab the 2nd seed. Although last night's game may have been the most lackluster effort  I've seen this season from the Bruins, I still like their chances with 3 games left compared to Habs 2 games left.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

It would be great to not have to play 4 games in Montreal but who says that Montreal makes it out of the first round?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

In all the worry about the Bruins, people might be overlooking the fact that Montreal and Ottawa are both backing their way into the playoffs just like Boston.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

Well, one thing about games in hand. They still need to be won. 

Anyway, why wouldn't you want to have the 4 seed?

The way things are going, it seems as though Toronto will be the 5 seed. If that is the case, then that would be a great matchup for the Bruins in the first round. The Bruins have absolutely dominated Toronto in past years. 

In round 2, you can assume that at least one of the top four teams are going to lose (going by past years), thus allowing you to avoid Pitt (if they don't lose themselves). 

Seems like a great scenario to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

The way things are going, it seems as though Toronto will be the 5 seed. If that is the case, then that would be a great matchup for the Bruins in the first round. The Bruins have absolutely dominated Toronto in past years. 

In round 2, you can assume that at least one of the top four teams are going to lose (going by past years), thus allowing you to avoid Pitt (if they don't lose themselves). 

Leaf's are a team with nothing to loose no pressure on them there fans are just happy they are even in playoffs,the one thing i thought the Bruin's would have big advantage over leafs is goaltending,but if you haven't seen the way Reimer has been playing for them lately there giving up 40 -50 shots a game and Reimer is stealing them games,so not sure if i would give any advantage to Bruins,personally i would like to see Leafs and Habs play i hate both of them .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Leaf's are a team with nothing to loose no pressure on them there fans are just happy they are even in playoffs,the one thing i thought the Bruin's would have big advantage over leafs is goaltending,but if you haven't seen the way Reimer has been playing for them lately there giving up 40 -50 shots a game and Reimer is stealing them games,so not sure if i would give any advantage to Bruins,personally i would like to see Leafs and Habs play i hate both of them .

No pressure?  kidding right?  365 days a year pressure like no other city.  Fans happy to be in?  Again kidding.  Leafs will turn faster then any fans in the league.  

bruins have dominated them over the last few seasons.  

Goalie- advantage bruins.  

Def- advantage Bruins even though i was giving full credit to the leafs defense earlier in the year. Chara, no one has him but the Bruins. 

Offense- im calling it a draw but give the edge to the Bs in depth, experience. 

Play the leafs 5 on 5 and we win in 5 games.  6 max.  

i dont care where we finish as long as healthy.  It takes one good period or one good game to get rolling.  We wont pay the caps, rangers, pens or montreal.  Im not scared of the leafs sens or islanders.  If anyone is dont watch.  none of those teams will push us to 7.  None will beat us.  Of those three the nyi make me think the most.  Nabby can get sneaky hot, tavares and a mobile def and they have some tough players there as well so no bruin bully tactics

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Well, the Bruins are 21-5-3 against the Leafs since 08-09, including a 3-1-0 record against them this season.

I'm just saying that recently the Bruins have found ways to win against this team, no matter the circumstances.

Also regarding Reimer's success -- he has a 1.63 gaa vs the B's this year and his team still has a losing record against the Bruins. Furthermore, he has NOT performed well against the Bruins historically (last season he posted a 6.60 gaa vs the B's).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Good call, Dez...

Even still, it looks like the B's will have to step it up a little bit to grab the 2 seed...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I say allota-bit Manny for the Bs to grab the 2nd seed. But wait I hear from our famous BDC goalie, that said Thomas would never help the Bruins to a cup, says it won't matter what seed Boston is. One n done

Sections
Shortcuts