Stanley Cup experienced tainted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Stanley Cup experienced tainted

This post-season has been a cinderella story. Personally, it's been the most enjoyable experience of my life as a Bruins Fan. Horton's OT Game winner against the Habs; Game 7 against the lightning (maybe the finest game of hockey I've ever seen), Seguin going off in game 2, redemption for Philly, redemption for Julien and Thomas. Unfortunately, the once-in-a lifetime exitement that filled me up before the Stanley Cup finals has been hijacked by everything that's wrong with hockey these days.

The story lines we have going into game four are a disgrace: tribalism among stupid fans, hack writers and commentators incapable of calling a spade a spade, petty tit-for-tat nonsense on the ice, dishonorable characters on the opposing team, head-shots, diving, taunting, biting, not to mention the league's near constant acts of incompetence in dealing with these things. This is a scott walker sucker punch away from being one of the worst stanley cups ever. 

Where is the nobility and sportsmanship in hockey? Who are these disgusting individuals we are rooting for? Why do fans tolerate their teams adding the likes of Lapierre, Cooke, Avery to their teams?  Why are fans incapable of joining together to rid the game of these dispicable types of behavior. The fact that so few fans can extend their feelings of empathy and compassion for injured players that happen to wear another jersey color is an embarasment. 

These are the obvious storylines to anyone, and it's sad at a time when hockey purists should be glued to the tv. I can barely muster excitment, none of it is about any great plays or tight games.  Three games of the stanley cup that I never want to watch again... ever.

I feel robbed.

Note: also laughable how brutal these boards are. My name has been banned again for some apparent reason

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: Stanley Cup experienced tainted

Wow, that's heavy.  I understand though.  This is not what I had in mind.  I hate the taunting, but I hate more the lack of respect the players show for each other.  I am also hearing way too many stories of fans attacking other fans for wearing the opposition jersey.  I know somebody who is related to Johnny Boychuck who told me Johnny's Mom was harassed at game 2, similar to the story Red told.  There were some reports of Canuck fans being assaulted in Boston as well.  This is gone too far.  Some serious perspective is required here.  I'm not at the point you are yet, but I have real concerns where this sport is heading.  We're one step away from Hockey Hooliganism.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I loved game 3 I see no problem with how the bruins played. I look at it like pushig back at the bully. The bruins fought fire with fire because after the league didn't suspend burrows or lapiere for taunting bergy in game 2 they asked for what happened in game 3. I enjoyed what thorton brought to the game last night. Someone needs to make the nucks accountable since the league isn;t willing to do so. The diving rule is a joke because they never make that call alone. I was at game 7 vs the lightning that was a great hockey game just two teams going for the win and no dirty plays or diving.

I find the diving that I saw from the habs and th diving by the nucks as the most troubleing thing its NBA esk and thats sad.

It stinks we lost Horton on a cheapshot headshot but ufortunalty its part of the game and the bruins need to move on. I just don't know how the finals is ruined for you to the point you can't enjoy it. I loved the bruins getting in the nucks faces again have no problem with this I think the bruins to a man said enough is enough expecialy after horton went down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

In Response to Stanley Cup experienced tainted:
    [QUOTE]This post-season has been a cinderella story. Personally, it's been the most enjoyable experience of my life as a Bruins Fan. Horton's OT Game winner against the Habs; Game 7 against the lightning (maybe the finest game of hockey I've ever seen), Seguin going off in game 2, redemption for Philly, redemption for Julien and Thomas. Unfortunately, the once-in-a lifetime exitement that filled me up before the Stanley Cup finals has been hijacked by everything that's wrong with hockey these days. The story lines we have going into game four are a disgrace: tribalism among stupid fans, hack writers and commentators incapable of calling a spade a spade, petty tit-for-tat nonsense on the ice, dishonorable characters on the opposing team, head-shots, diving, taunting, biting, not to mention the league's near constant acts of incompetence in dealing with these things. This is a scott walker sucker punch away from being one of the worst stanley cups ever.  Where is the nobility and sportsmanship in hockey? Who are these disgusting individuals we are rooting for? Why do fans tolerate their teams adding the likes of Lapierre, Cooke, Avery to their teams?  Why are fans incapable of joining together to rid the game of these dispicable types of behavior. The fact that so few fans can extend their feelings of empathy and compassion for injured players that happen to wear another jersey color is an embarasment.  These are the obvious storylines to anyone, and it's sad at a time when hockey purists should be glued to the tv. I can barely muster excitment, none of it is about any great plays or tight games.  Three games of the stanley cup that I never want to watch again... ever. I feel robbed. Note: also laughable how brutal these boards are. My name has been banned again for some apparent reason
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

It is what it is bro. I think it definitely shows what a sad state of affairs the league is in when it comes to discipline and upper league management. But if its going to be fixed what better time to have this stuff rear its ugly head. Right now the NHL and these games in particular are under the microscope. Also hate to say this, but in the end the Bruins win the Stanley Cup, it will be because of those incidents not in spite of them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]This post-season has been a cinderella story. Personally, it's been the most enjoyable experience of my life as a Bruins Fan. Horton's OT Game winner against the Habs; Game 7 against the lightning (maybe the finest game of hockey I've ever seen), Seguin going off in game 2, redemption for Philly, redemption for Julien and Thomas. Unfortunately, the once-in-a lifetime exitement that filled me up before the Stanley Cup finals has been hijacked by everything that's wrong with hockey these days. The story lines we have going into game four are a disgrace: tribalism among stupid fans, hack writers and commentators incapable of calling a spade a spade, petty tit-for-tat nonsense on the ice, dishonorable characters on the opposing team, head-shots, diving, taunting, biting, not to mention the league's near constant acts of incompetence in dealing with these things. This is a scott walker sucker punch away from being one of the worst stanley cups ever.  Where is the nobility and sportsmanship in hockey? Who are these disgusting individuals we are rooting for? Why do fans tolerate their teams adding the likes of Lapierre, Cooke, Avery to their teams?  Why are fans incapable of joining together to rid the game of these dispicable types of behavior. The fact that so few fans can extend their feelings of empathy and compassion for injured players that happen to wear another jersey color is an embarasment.  These are the obvious storylines to anyone, and it's sad at a time when hockey purists should be glued to the tv. I can barely muster excitment, none of it is about any great plays or tight games.  Three games of the stanley cup that I never want to watch again... ever. I feel robbed. Note: also laughable how brutal these boards are. My name has been banned again for some apparent reason

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i'm with you olsonicator... all of this circus side show stuff, including the obvious canuck favortism has taken the shine off of the finals for me. i mean finger biting, diving, taunting, and late hitting...and the media seems to look the other way because it might shine a negative light on canada's canucks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Here, here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL you have a another nickname ?

I wonder if teams enjoy having characters like Lapierre in the same dressing room ?
    I know that in Dallas they wanted Avery out .
    Then  there's the borderline pests, Torres, Ott, Moore, Kessler and even our own Marchand.  While they do get under the skins of the other teams they serve a purpose on your team. 
    As for the worst Stanley cup ever I wouldn't go that far.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

In Response to Re: Stanley Cup experienced tainted:
    [QUOTE]LOL you have a another nickname ? I wonder if teams enjoy having characters like Lapierre in the same dressing room ? I know that in Dallas they wanted Avery out . Then  there's the borderline pests, Torres, Ott, Moore, Kessler and even our own Marchand.  While they do get under the skins of the other teams they serve a purpose on your team.  As for the worst Stanley cup ever I wouldn't go that far.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Who is this Foo Fighter and why are you making fun of his stuttering? Classless Boston.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

You have made some excellent points.  I have mixed feelings because I like it when the tension is raised and the games get physical.  I think however that it has gone over the top where is no longer passion spur of the moment, but rather planned disrespect and guys acting like clowns. To then have not only the fans of that team, but the media and their Coach and players condone it makes me sick.  Something is out of whack and needs to be changed - I agree.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]i'm with you olsonicator... all of this circus side show stuff, including the obvious canuck favortism has taken the shine off of the finals for me. i mean finger biting, diving, taunting, and late hitting...and the media seems to look the other way because it might shine a negative light on canada's canucks.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

this is a serious question........where are you seeing the media favoritism? I understand the frustration but I'm not seeing the bias in the media. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I completely agree.  Its absolutely disgusting and I cant, for the life of me, understand what the league is doing.  Its obvious that its a "good ole boys" type club in the office, and they REALLY dont like punishing their own.  A bunch of chicken-sh*t hypocrites is what they whole lot of them are.  Im seriously debating whether to turn on another game in the near future after these first 3 games.  It makes me sick to think of what might happen, and the league sweeps it under the carpet like nobody is looking.

It wasnt too long ago they instituted the "unsportsmanlike-dive) penalty because of the Habs antics in the playoffs vs. Boston.  We ALL know how well thats worked.  Rule 48:  What rule 48?????

Im not sure I can continue caring about a league that doesnt care about its players or fans.  I couldnt care less about seeing the likes of Steckel, Cooke or Rome, but those three have knocked out star players (Crosby, Savard & Horton) and for some reason the league does a combined 4 games.  REALLY!?!?!  The SAME exact thing Paille got earlier in the year?  And the Canucks have the audacity to complain and make it out to be Hortons fault?  Someone WILL BE killed or paralyzed in the very near future if things continue on this path.  I dont see the league changing anything and cleaning it up, and I for one dont want to be watching when the time comes and someone is take off on a stretcher NOT moving.  It WILL happen.

Im not sure where Im going from here honestly, and this comes from a life-long fan and player of the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

You know, I concur with virtually everything you've written. But I'm afraid these experiences in our favourite sport just mirror the state of our civilization.
    Pretty grim but it is good to see I'm not alone in thinking this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Yeah BsLegion, I no idea why I keep getting banned. Hanrahan1, you are def not alone.

[QUOTE] Im not sure I can continue caring about a league that doesnt care about its players or fans.  I couldnt care less about seeing the likes of Steckel, Cooke or Rome, but those three have knocked out star players (Crosby, Savard & Horton) and for some reason the league does a combined 4 games.  
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the league itself is coming from a place of profound ignorance in regards to head injuries. Unlike the NFL, they don't appreciate the impact fines can have in changing behavior. The NFL instituted the defenseless reciever penalty, and guys are getting fined 200K when they make a base salary of 755K.

I suppose, on the medical side of things, the NHL is much better than they were before. I read this article this morning, and Primeau's comments really hit home

That’s how it happened in the 2000 playoffs when Primeau got laid out by Boughner in the Flyers’ series clincher against the Penguins. Unlike Horton, though, he came back to play in Game 1 of the next series against New Jersey. He calls it the biggest mistake of his career.

“Forty-eight hours later, I was back playing in the conference finals,” he said. “For me, it was the beginning of the demise.”

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I very much enjoyed everything besides the cheap shot on horton last game. I gota admit I was all excited with the stuff after the whistles while having beers with some friends it was getting us all fired up. I think it was because for 2 games we saw the nucks doing this stuff to the bruins and I for one was proud the bruins stopped being bullied. What I liked the most for a response was the 8 goals the bruins put up in response thats the best one you can have cause it hurt them on the score board. I love watching hockey games where teams have a dislike for eachother. I love the clean and legal hits and the fighting. If you take out the fighting the stickwork and cheapshots will go through the roof.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

What is this word tainted? My mother says she cleans a mans taint for money, but I never understood. Could someone please translate?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

vcec...have you watched the games? have you watched nhl on the fly? have you watched cbc/tns? 85% of all talk is concerning the canucks, and this formality called the cup finals- hurry up and give the cup to the canucks already. bruins score a goal... got lucky. canucks score goal...highly skilled. TT makes a save...lucky. luongo makes a save...best goalie in the league.lappiere taunt....funny. recchi taunt... disrespectful. burrows no suspension for bite... no problem. rome suspension for illegal hit... too much. shall i go on?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

of course i'm watching the games. i also indicated it was a serious question.
    i'm not seeing the bias. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

OK if your not SEEING it, are you hearing impared also? my god, i have friends of other teams watching the games and laughing. completely nuetral fans seeing this, and you don't? still a little bitter over your bolts losing? the analysts were only slightly less biased versus TB, but still embarrassingly noticeable. what color is the sky in your world?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Yes, there are problems and I fault the NHL for not addressing them.

Rather than following in the footsteps of other leagues, they should trail blaze themselves.

How about reviewing these players real time on film?  They could do it in a way so it wouldn't slow the game down and distribute justice immediately.  Another ref watching the game on tv and getting the replays he needs to evaluate penalties IMMEDIATELY for things such as taunting and unsportsmanlike conduct and diving.

Ecamples;
    Avery's "accidental" smack to the head of TT during the tv timeout.
    Subban's dive in round 1.

It's as frustrating as the days before video review of the goals.  EVERYONE on tv sees the replay and an obvious foul is seen by everyone - except for the refs because it happened behind their backs or it happened too fast.

Get with it NHL, there's a lot of policing that can be done.

And fans HATE diving, phantom calls and missed calls.  It spoils the game for the fans.  And people of the NHL, guess what?  We're the ones buying the tix and keeping your business afloat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]OK if your not SEEING it, are you hearing impared also? my god, i have friends of other teams watching the games and laughing. completely nuetral fans seeing this, and you don't? still a little bitter over your bolts losing? the analysts were only slightly less biased versus TB, but still embarrassingly noticeable. what color is the sky in your world?

EZ young buck. like i said, it was a serious question. i'm reading the major papers, watching the games and listening to the commentators/analysts. this isn't about bitterness. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RidingwiththeQueen. Show RidingwiththeQueen's posts

DON'T TRY TO ARGUE WITH US WE'RE VERY STUBBORN YOU KNOW....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, I was gonna ask if this was Olsonic Creations?  What on earth did you get banned for?  Why do the mods keep banning good regulars here and then they let some of the more vulgar trolls stay as long as they like?  Very strange.

Good points too.  I just don't know what to say.  The SC has been entertaining to watch so far, but I do think people might look back on it as a bit of a disgrace too.  We are seeing things that certainly do not inspire young parents to start their kids in hockey, and we are also seeing behavior that is making a hard turn towards soccer.  Everything seems to be a plea to the officials to gain advantage.

So, the officials can choose to put away the whistle, ignore the diving, and let them play (preferable), but then they run the risk of another horrible injury on the ice.  A tough spot the refs are in.

One suggestion would be for the camera crews to resist from zooming in on the face of an unconscious player after a horrible injury.  My three year old started crying watching Nathan Horton.  No need to see him gasping for air with his eyes rolled back for ten seconds there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]vcec...have you watched the games? have you watched nhl on the fly? have you watched cbc/tns? 85% of all talk is concerning the canucks, and this formality called the cup finals- hurry up and give the cup to the canucks already. bruins score a goal... got lucky. canucks score goal...highly skilled. TT makes a save...lucky. luongo makes a save...best goalie in the league.lappiere taunt....funny. recchi taunt... disrespectful. burrows no suspension for bite... no problem. rome suspension for illegal hit... too much. shall i go on?
    This is so, so, true.I have also had friends who are fairweather hockey fans call me and ask what did the Bruins do to p-off the media and networks so much. The coverage has been so one sided in Vancouvers favor it is unreal.I myself used to watch the pre-game shows,but not anymore. I get a stomach ache just listening to them.When the B's come back and win this thing i will love it. There will likely be a week long post mortem done to uncover the nefarious plot that got everyone to this unmitigated, dastardly state of affairs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

dude...there are fans from canada, who aren't even bruin fans pointing this disparity out. just for kicks tonight...watch the 2-hour nhl network pre-game. then report back to me tommorrow on how much/and what type of coverage each team received. before the last game, the coverage was 3:1 in favor of van. that's just the content, the tone is even more lopsided. example of tone: bruins blow out, there was ZERO talk of momentum for bruins, but rather, the canucks will be fine, they'll play their best game wednesday. the bruins better come out even better than they did mon(? how do you get better than 8-1?). the only words uttered about the bruins were "they are back in the series". period.

Sections
Shortcuts