Stanley Cup experienced tainted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

Re: Stanley Cup experienced tainted

okay, thank you for answering. would it surprise you that vancouver makes the same claim? that's why i asked the question.
    watching the game on VS i didn't hear the bias, except from millbury who needed to wipe his chin once or twice (what a tool). maybe i'm tuning these clowns out during the game......they don't add anything useful.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Stanley Cup experienced tainted:
    This post-season has been a cinderella story. Personally, it's been the most enjoyable experience of my life as a Bruins Fan. Horton's OT Game winner against the Habs; Game 7 against the lightning (maybe the finest game of hockey I've ever seen), Seguin going off in game 2, redemption for Philly, redemption for Julien and Thomas. Unfortunately, the once-in-a lifetime exitement that filled me up before the Stanley Cup finals has been hijacked by everything that's wrong with hockey these days. The story lines we have going into game four are a disgrace: tribalism among stupid fans, hack writers and commentators incapable of calling a spade a spade, petty tit-for-tat nonsense on the ice, dishonorable characters on the opposing team, head-shots, diving, taunting, biting, not to mention the league's near constant acts of incompetence in dealing with these things. This is a scott walker sucker punch away from being one of the worst stanley cups ever.  Where is the nobility and sportsmanship in hockey? Who are these disgusting individuals we are rooting for? Why do fans tolerate their teams adding the likes of Lapierre, Cooke, Avery to their teams?  Why are fans incapable of joining together to rid the game of these dispicable types of behavior. The fact that so few fans can extend their feelings of empathy and compassion for injured players that happen to wear another jersey color is an embarasment.  These are the obvious storylines to anyone, and it's sad at a time when hockey purists should be glued to the tv. I can barely muster excitment, none of it is about any great plays or tight games.  Three games of the stanley cup that I never want to watch again... ever. I feel robbed. Note: also laughable how brutal these boards are. My name has been banned again for some apparent reason
    Posted by Olsonicator

Seriously? You feel the experience is tainted because of announcers, people from Vancouver you don't know, the fact you don't like guys on the other team (as if there aren't guys in Boston that opponnents find dishonourable), decisions the league mates, ad infinitum.

The stuff you are complaining about happens all season long. It's happened in past Stanley Cup finals, too.

You've got to be kidding me. Your team is in the STANLEY CUP FINALS and you can't enjoy the experience for what it is--the first time the Bruins have been near the Cup in 2 decades--because the realities of hockey and the NHL are just as ever-present now as they are at any other time? Give me a break.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chill10974. Show Chill10974's posts

First , I have to say I agree with whats been said... to a point. I'm going to take a step back and look at this fairly. It is sad day for two people, Horton and Rome. We as hockey fans can see how hard it is to get to the playoffs never mind the Cup Finals. Our two respective have made it this far. Now two players will not play in it. One due to injury and the other due to causing that injury. Rome was not looking to do Horton any harm. The NHL looked at it and said it was late. The call on the ice was correct. The length was subjective. Hey as fans we will like or dislike the ruling. The Finals have turned ugly. We have had some real stupid things happen.
    The bitting and the taunting by both teams. It is showing the lowest common denominator for all involved. It is starting to show in the fans of both teams. We have the two best teams playing on hockeys biggest stage. Our teams are suppose to be the best and we have shown our worst. We can be better then this. I'm a proud Bruins fan , but the antics of game three but a dent in the that. If the Canucks want to act like punks let them. We should be better then that. Lets get them where it hurts the most. On the scoreboard. The final act will be to hoist the cup on their home ice. We should not stoop down the their level. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

In Response to Re: Stanley Cup experienced tainted:
    What is this word tainted? My mother says she cleans a mans taint for money, but I never understood. Could someone please translate?
    Posted by HabsNo16

Why don't you go put padding on your post?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonian128. Show bostonian128's posts

I am old (er) - I remember - I remember the 60's and 70's - I remember the 72 summit series - I remember the decline of hockey post Flyers - this team has brought back a completeness, drive, skill level and focus that exceeds those years - there - I finally said it! I never liked the cheap sh*t cause anyone can do it, that was the thing we all knew for those who played - the players need to internalize that because in the age of HDTV and camera techology and the cames evolution - this can be a much larger sport - go B's, thanks for reviving my maximium interest not seen since the days of TV 38!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

kennedy...you've missed the boat. it's the FINGER BITING (then they deny it and the TAUNTING of bergeron- one of the real "good guys" in the league)-classless. then it's the DIVING(noticed and mentioned several times by the commentators), almost as bad as the habs. classless.pile on a LATE HIT that the coach and players defend, and mention how distraught they are that their DEFENSEMAN is out for the series.classless. meanwhile, horton could possibly have a career ending injury, from an illegal late hit. now do you get it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

As a long time poster on this board I'll add my own two cents.

The sportsmanship has been dispicable across the board. Maybe it is just a testament to our times, but it is intolerable.

The players, the media, the coaches, the league officials, and especially us fans are all culpable.

I don't think Rome is a jerk. Guy made a bad decision and paid for it. I think someone like LaPierre is a scum though. That taunt sent things in a bad direction. I think Lucic's and Recchi's responses were bush league, but that is on the officials for not reviewing it and reprimanding LaPierre. I don't condone what "our" players did. The whole idea that the Canucks are scum and the Bruins are above it all (and visa-versa) is maddening and is definitely detracting from what should be both franchises shining hours. I will however state that I think Julien's responses have been much more above board than Vigneault's. I've watched all the press conferences and it seems like AV is really out to stir the pot. Julien actually did chastise Rex/Lucic publicly for their antics. AV seems to be egging his players on.

Regarding the behaviour of the fans...The "you s#ck/your team and entire country s#cks" stuff has to stop. There are idiots in both camps, but in general most of us really do love hockey. All it takes is one dolt in a crowd to throw the proverbial rock and the crowd becomes a riot. That is whats happening here. The fact that some yahoos who never post here come in and start with the asenine "live by the sword die by the sword" comments and then reference the Chara/Patches incident are only here to incite hatred.
    The regular posters here are good hockey fans for the most part, then you get the a$$es with their lame trolling ruining it for everyone (HabsNo16 especially). Put these morons on ignore and enjoy what we have here.

The fact NBC and Canadian outlets went with the whole "vegetarian" thing is beyond the pale. They are making light of the first incident to send this Series down this road in the first place. It's disgusting. Also, to all the fans who scream bias (and apparently that is everyone on both sides), get off it. Milbury is a hack homer (even I can see that). TSN has been no better in their "objective" analysis either.

In short, I salute all the fans who can enjoy their team winning (or losing) with out being an idiot about it. I know there are a lot of decent Nucks fans out there and trading barbs is fine. The flat out hatred and "your team is at fault, we're great" shenanigans on either side is what makes me ill.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

In Response to Re: Stanley Cup experienced tainted : Why don't you go put padding on your post?
    Posted by number08

Go make perfect sense somewhere else.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

yeah that habsno16 is colbertish... it seems only he gets his jokes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

yeah that habsno16 is colbertish... it seems only he gets his jokes.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Nah, there are a few geniuses here who get it too.
    Wink
    Now go check your messages.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

got it... this is way funner though. i'll piggy back wherever i can to add to the hilarity that is habsno16. GO BRUINS!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

IMO I like the idea BadHab. I wouldn't mind having referee's in the video booth that could assess penalties retroactively during the game.

It would eliminate all the behind the play nonsense. They would just have to put replays on the video board when assessing a penalty

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

IMO I like the idea BadHab. I wouldn't mind having referee's in the video booth that could assess penalties retroactively during the game.
    Posted by Olsonicator

Being from Montreal, I cant express in words how bad we consider this idea to be.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

In Response to Re: Stanley Cup experienced tainted : Being from Montreal, I cant express in words how bad we consider this idea to be.
    Posted by HabsNo16

Perhaps you could just limit it to major penalties. I wouldn't want to see a minor hooking penalty from the 1st period called before the start of the 3rd

Sections
Shortcuts