''Stanley told you so '' All my predictions for 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Re: ''Stanley told you so '' All my predictions for 2013

BadHab - R U responding to the wrong threads?

RE: throwing away a prediction because the score was wrong...

As I mentioned in another thread, Chris Berman(ESPN) and Chris Schultz(TSN) have made careers out of predicting football game winners AND the score. I do not believe they throw away their records because the final score was wrong.

I can disregard Stanley's score predictions and watch for game winners only. The correct score could be tracked separately.

I can't believe this forum has come to this.   ;^)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Yah, that's one case where I hope that idiot caught a beating from the crowd.

Please do not call him that. That customer will walk away dissatisfied after his beating.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

As I mentioned in another thread, Chris Berman(ESPN) and Chris Schultz(TSN) have made careers out of predicting football game winners AND the score. I do not believe they throw away their records because the final score was wrong.

I can disregard Stanley's score predictions and watch for game winners only. The correct score could be tracked separately.

To be fair though Dave, those guys pick scores also because they're playing against a spread.

Damn, I was trying to avoid this thread.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

To be fair though Dave, those guys pick scores also because they're playing against a spread.

I knew that was coming dez...they don't HAVE to pick the score - they could only pick the team and plus or minus the points. The spread is still a black/white proposition, the same as picking a winning hockey team. Berman was close with the score(don't remember exactly) in the Ravens game though.

Anyway, if Stanley wants to pick scores then I will take it with a grain of salt and let it go.

Besides, it is VERY difficult to get the winning team and exact score correct so I won't rub it in when he is wrong(he came closest against the Rangers 4-3 OT loss...he predicted 4-3 Bs).

When he is right, I'll grin and get onto the next thread. Cheers!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Stanley, see?  You've even gotten Dez on this thread.  No one's been able to tame him yet. Once you reel him in he comes back with more fight tho.  Like reeling in the world's record swordfish it will be a long battle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I knew that was coming dez...they don't HAVE to pick the score - they could only pick the team and plus or minus the points. The spread is still a black/white proposition, the same as picking a winning hockey team. Berman was close with the score(don't remember exactly) in the Ravens game though.

Anyway, if Stanley wants to pick scores then I will take it with a grain of salt and let it go.

Besides, it is VERY difficult to get the winning team and exact score correct so I won't rub it in when he is wrong(he came closest against the Rangers 4-3 OT loss...he predicted 4-3 Bs).

When he is right, I'll grin and get onto the next thread. Cheers!

Yeah Dave, but picking the score against the spread makes more sense to me is all. If the spread is 9.5 then it makes at least some sense when you predict a 20-10 score. In hockey, the spread is always .5 goals so there's zero need for Stanley to predict 5-2 games with goals by Bourque,Seguin, and Wheeler. I don't care one way or the other but I understand why people are getting tired of all the pom pom waving after getting 1 part of a 4 part prediction right. I also don't blame people for getting a little miffed over all of Stanley's gambling guarantees considering he absolutely welched on paying a number of wagers last season. It's not really gambling at all if you don't plan on paying if you lose. I've no doubt he'd be the sort to try and collect had he won. Welchers are typically like that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Stanley, see?  You've even gotten Dez on this thread.  No one's been able to tame him yet. Once you reel him in he comes back with more fight tho.  Like reeling in the world's record swordfish it will be a long battle.

Im lazier than that. More like a tuna.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

BadHab your idea of this thread was AWESOME ...

SCORES in my prediction ...again when I put the scores its only to help my fellow BRUINS fasn to make more money ...

BRUINS 4 BUFFALO 2 ....I am sure that Vegas will give 1.5 to Buffalo ....so if u bet with my prediction ...its a safe bet to put $$$$ on the BRUINS with the spread...

Good luck to al in your bets and again if u put $$$ on the habs to make the playoffs and they dont make the playoffs I will reimburse you ...(with your gambling ticket as a proof ...you safely bet $1000 on that ....habs do not have such a great team but the other contenders for the 8th spots SUCK ........I see BRUINS-NYR-Flyers-NJD-PITT-TB (with the start they are having)-SENS-Montreal (not necessarely in that order  TOR-WPG-BUFFALO won tbe far behind  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Meant Tor-Buff-Wpg. Not far behind....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

GO SENS GO !    I hope the habs lose tonight....I know I said they were going to make the playoffs but I hate them so much....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

OMG Just realized that I was cheering for the Sens and I've predicted that the habs would make the playoffs....???  But I really cant cheer for the habs i'd rather payback all the fans in here who put their money on my prediction than cheer for the Scabs

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

You won either way I guess... but the Sens pasted them 5-1.  

I really don't see the Habs in the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

You won either way I guess... but the Sens pasted them 5-1.  

I really don't see the Habs in the playoffs.

Listen to me badhab ...go to Vegas or anyother gambling site ..take the odds put some $$$ on the habs to make the playoffs ...if ever you win good for you ..if u lose I will pay you back whatever u bet .....thats how confident a real expert feels about his predictions ...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

A fool and his money are quickly parted.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

A fool and his money are quickly parted.

not fool ...but I wouldnt mind paying back a few thousands dollars if the habs wouldnt make the playoffs ....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Since this is THE place to post my predictions ...

Well yesterday I posted that Tardif has 21 goals and should get a call...guess what 12hours later the BRUINS recalled Tardif ...and there we go ...another reason why my thread is called ''STANLEY TOLD YOU SO '''    what red is going to say about this one ??? ....PURE LUCK or GOOD SENSE OF HOCKEY ?????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

this is a long shot prediction but here it is : Thornton out 7-10 days , Tardif will take the opportunity and will be very tough for CJ to bring back Thornton into the line up

my prediction is : Just like Stan Johnattan did to P.Bouchard when he knocked him down ..he ended his career .....

John Scott ended Thornton's career last night ...and believe me as much as I likes Thornton in his good days ..he is a nice guy he has been good for the Bruins but now its time to turn the page and I think Tardif will stay with the Bruins for the rest of the season ...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

PREDICTION FOR TOMORROW<S GAME AGAINST THE LEAFS .....BY THE WAY ITS RED 0 STANLEY 0 AFTER ONE GAME

tomorrow doesnt look like CJ wants to put Khudo in net so I have to say TORONTO 4  BRUINS 2

with Khudo I would have said ...BRUINS 3 TORONTO 0

GOOD LUCK RED

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Ok ..looks like Rask will be in the net today ...so it'll be 

LEAFS 4

BRUINS 3

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

You're posts smell like wide open ass.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

PREDICTION FOR TOMORROW<S GAME AGAINST THE LEAFS .....BY THE WAY ITS RED 0 STANLEY 0 AFTER ONE GAME

tomorrow doesnt look like CJ wants to put Khudo in net so I have to say TORONTO 4  BRUINS 2

with Khudo I would have said ...BRUINS 3 TORONTO 0

GOOD LUCK RED

So you were predicting that Khudo would also score a goal, if he started?
    Also, try to wait, to see a player, actually play, before you predict him to be a good player. There may be a reason that John Tardiff has been a career minor-leaguer. After seeing him play, may be the time to judge if he is NHL ready.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

You're posts smell like wide open asz.

Couldnt have said it better myself. Dont look in, you may see a turtle head pop out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

LEAFS 4

BRUINS 3

Prediction Leafs 4 Bruins 3

OK, the actual score was Bruins 1 Leafs 0.

What I have to figure out is how people are going to try to claim your prediction was wrong.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

The magic 8 ball just doesnt work.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

LEAFS 4

BRUINS 3

Prediction Leafs 4 Bruins 3

OK, the actual score was Bruins 1 Leafs 0.

What I have to figure out is how people are going to try to claim your prediction was wrong.

Yup thanks to Rask and  the young Ray Bourque.opppss I mean the young Chris Bourque. Great win in Toronto ...real test next game in Montreal ...

Sections
Shortcuts