Stars of Game #5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Stars of Game #5

1. Thomas - No Brainer
    2. Chara - Was a Beast the Entire Game
    3. Marchand - Pesky, Quick, On the edge
    4. Bergeron - Another Solid Effort Both ends of the Ice.
    5. Seidenberg - Major Minutes, Solid
    6. Horton - Killer Shot, Broke the Seal on Smith....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Re: Stars of Game #5

I think Lucic deserves to be in the top 5.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Timmy. How could that even be argued against?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Horton gets demerits for his dumb penalties, but he sure scores some big goals!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Lucic did catch my eye on several shifts, better compete level tonight, but far from his full capabilities.  I am totally convinced he is playing hurt.  It will all come out when the playoffs are over. 

I do agree Lucic was better, nice set up on the Horton Goal, but still, he is not his strong physical hitting self....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I have no idea when people say Chara was a beast.  I think he is just steady.  That's it.  Don't see him hammering anything other than the glass with his 400 mph slapper. 
    This is a lot coming from me.  But I think Ference has been our most consistant and best dman in the playoffs. 
    The one thing I will say about Chara is that he has pretty much eliminated St. Louis from the series and to me this is the difference in the series.  If St. Louis was doing anything we would be in some trouble.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Stars of Game #5:
    [QUOTE]1. Thomas - No Brainer 2. Chara - Was a Beast the Entire Game 3. Marchand - Pesky, Quick, On the edge 4. Bergeron - Another Solid Effort Both ends of the Ice. 5. Seidenberg - Major Minutes, Solid 6. Horton - Killer Shot, Broke the Seal on Smith....
    Posted by SmokingJoe[/QUOTE]

Smoking Joe I think you hit the five guys I might move Marchand and Bergie into two and three.  That line cycled all night and obviously they were involved in one of the critical goals.  First line cycled well as well at times, but was less consistent and Horton had two stupid penalties.  I think you could have the Horton/Lucic argument at 6 and I am certain there is someone I am overlooking.  Great effort from late first period on.  Tampa Bay played well tonight to, we had to be at our best in that one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Stars of Game #5:
    [QUOTE]I have no idea when people say Chara was a beast.  I think he is just steady.  That's it.  Don't see him hammering anything other than the glass with his 400 mph slapper.  This is a lot coming from me.  But I think Ference has been our most consistant and best dman in the playoffs.  The one thing I will say about Chara is that he has pretty much eliminated St. Louis from the series and to me this is the difference in the series.  If St. Louis was doing anything we would be in some trouble.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Chara has been a rock back there in these playoffs. You can bet when this round is over that, win or lose, T-Bay will say dealing with Chara was one of the most difficult things about the series

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stars of Game #5 : Chara has been a rock back there in these playoffs. You can bet when this round is over that, win or lose, T-Bay will say dealing with Chara was one of the most difficult things about the series
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez,
    I kinda figured you would respond.  I wasnt bashing.  I did compliment his work on Marty.  But maybe me not noticing means he is doing it.  Not sure. He has been steady.  But I still would give AF the nod for the best one of the bunch.  I hope he is saving his best for the Sedins. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stars of Game #5 : Dez, I kinda figured you would respond.  I wasnt bashing.  I did compliment his work on Marty.  But maybe me not noticing means he is doing it.  Not sure. He has been steady.  But I still would give AF the nod for the best one of the bunch.  I hope he is saving his best for the Sedins. 
    Shupe, it's funny how 2 guys can see things so differently. I think Ference has been decent overall(good tonight) but I wasn't too happy with a lot of his decision making earlier in the series. Bottom line is both guys are likely playing better than we give them credit for. Cheers to 5 more wins!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

If Ference was Z-sized, holy crap...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]If Ference was Z-sized, holy crap...
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    DC, that's the great thing about Chara. Nobody is his size.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stars of Game #5 : DC, that's the great thing about Chara. Nobody is his size.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Very true. Just saying that Ference has a whole lot of battle in him for a "little" guy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stars of Game #5 : Very true. Just saying that Ference has a whole lot of battle in him for a "little" guy.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    DC, I suspect that Chara has a rage inside that he's learned he has to keep in check in this kinder, gentler, NHL. What people fail to notice is the significant hinderance the new rules have on a player his size. There are a number of players that are too small for him to check (with any force) without making some contact around the head. Due to this he's forced to alter his game dramatically. All that aside, big Ryan Malone wasn't willing to drop the mitts with Chara tonight. I'm sure it would've been a good tradeoff for Tampa but an awful one for Malone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Lucic is on that list. He was 90% tonight. One play early he just stared at the puck after losing it and I thought "uh oh..." but then something p*ssed him off and he started flying and banging bodies. 

And did you see Krejci pop Andre-Bergeron? That was AWESOME.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

dez...let's not get too ahead of ourselves. ONE more win, and on to the finals! i like your optimism, but i refuse to look further than what's in front. finish off the bolts! 1:thomas 2:chara 3:marchand  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

[QUOTE]1. Thomas - No Brainer 2. Chara - Was a Beast the Entire Game 3. Marchand - Pesky, Quick, On the edge 4. Bergeron - Another Solid Effort Both ends of the Ice. 5. Seidenberg - Major Minutes, Solid 6. Horton - Killer Shot, Broke the Seal on Smith....

Don't forget Belichick.  He was at the game and they kept showing him on the jumbotron and the place went nuts....plus he was fan of the game!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I have :  1 . Timmy
                 2.  Chara
                 3.  Marchand
                 4.  Horton
                 5. McQuaid

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Last night was Claude's night. His team played HIS defense, and won the game. Tampa did everything they could to speed up the play; to put shots on the net; ]thanks Timmy] ; to crash the net; more thanks to timmy, I would have loved to see Tuuka play, in the series, BUt, with Tampa crashing, the refs whistles in their pockets, the Bruins NEED Timmy.  The Bruins also need the speed that most of their forwards now have, but, as we saw, Claude was adamant about 3rd man high, and very close checking on Vinny, St. louis, and #91. Did anyone else notice how Boucher's teaching, during the timeout, had focus on speed into the corner then a cross crease pass?? That's what they will do for game #6. IMO Kaberle played a much better game last night, but , as mentioned, Ference was also strong and in their face.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

1: Thomas
    2: Seidenberg
    3: Bergeron

I was Seidenberg's biggest critic this season.  I thought the guy was turning into Dennis Wideman before my eyes.  But he has REALLY stepped it up in the playoffs and been and invaluable contributor in all three zones

We didn't get to see him in last years post season, but if you remember back a couple years ago, when he was on Carolina, he was easily one of their best players in that playoff as well.

Maybe he's just one of those guys that cranks it up come playoff time

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

I'm picking Thomas and that's about it,it could have been 3 or 4 nothing after 1st period,i no it's a win and i will gladly take it but man they were brutal in the first period,what's with that,and i'm not being negative,i just don't get how you can't show up for a game like that.Does anyone agree with me that Recchi is done he looks so slow out there,i would rather see Paille or Cambell on that line or Seguin.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]I have no idea when people say Chara was a beast.  I think he is just steady.  That's it.  Don't see him hammering anything other than the glass with his 400 mph slapper.  This is a lot coming from me.  But I think Ference has been our most consistant and best dman in the playoffs.  The one thing I will say about Chara is that he has pretty much eliminated St. Louis from the series and to me this is the difference in the series.  If St. Louis was doing anything we would be in some trouble.

Ference was responsible for the only goal scored by Tampa last night, his stumble trying to pinch at the blue, lead to the 2-on-1.  To me Seidenberg has been the Bruins best defenceman during the playoffs.  Leads d-men in scoring, leads all Bruins with 44 blocked shots, tied with Boychuk for third in hits with 35, 2 behind Chara and 4 behind Looch, tied for 4th in plus/minus at +7, and leads the B's in avg. time on ice with 28:24.  The entire Bruins d corp has played well, with one exception.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

While the Bruins don't win last night's game without Thomas, Chara has been terrific the entire playoffs and last night's game was no exception. His presence on the ice has a calming effect on our other defensemen, who usually look to Chara to clear the puck when the forechecking pressure gets intense. This game was about goaltending, defense and a little luck. We had a couple of fine offensive moments, but TB seemed to control puck possession and we were kind of lucky they didn't get the equalizer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Superhuman, Ference was the team's most shaky d-man last night. He made a nice play to crosscheck Stamkos on a breakaway, but that was it. He made me cringe every time he had the puck. He seemed to have no idea what to do, including sending some really poor passes toward the middle instead of the boards. Ference has had some good games, but not lately. Kaberle, who is the board's whipping boy (and probably rightly so), played a far better game than Ference. Kaberle finally skated, and made some passes, plays, he looked confident. If 12 can play like that and 21 stopped freaking out like he did in Game 4 as well, that would go a long way to aid the Europa Twins--Chara and Seidenberg. Boychuk and McQuaid have been mostly good all playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Back to the Stars:
    1. Thomas
    2. Marchand
    3. Chara