Start-sky the Hutch?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Start-sky the Hutch?

OK, that's a horrible attempt at a pun.

But now that the news has come down that Rask is out 4-6 weeks and is basically out of the picture, who's for giving a bunch of starts to who's right now--the healthiest back up--one Michael Hutchinson?

Here's my take. The Bruins are going to make the playoffs barring a Red Soxian collapse of epic proportions--and I'm pretty sure Lucic isn't going to be scarfing down the Popeye's chicken in between periods.

So: Do you give TT the rest he obviously needs by throwing to the wolves a guy who's clearly not ready for Prime Time? I say "yes", and sorry to Hutch for all the red lights he'll be seeing in his dreams for the next 2 weeks...but I think it matters less if the B's finish 2nd in the conference than having a fresh #1 goalie for the season that really matters.

I say Start-sky the Hutch, and let the pucks fall where they may.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Start-sky the Hutch?

I'd rather lose a few regular season games with Hutch in net, then lose out in the first round because TT was overplayed down the stretch and exposed to an injury.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Start-sky the Hutch?:
    [QUOTE]I'd rather lose a few regular season games with Hutch in net, then lose out in the first round because TT was overplayed down the stretch and exposed to an injury.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Did you see Thomas in the playoffs last season ?  He got better better was the playoffs went on .  How can you think if he plays a lot the final month the Bruins will lose in the 1st round ? 
    Playoffs lasted almost 3months and he played every game .

I think we'll see Khudobin back and play a game before we see Hutchinson.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm worried about the same thing that just happened to Rask - a pulled groin. Then we're down to two glorified ECHLers in net.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Rest TT... but team health and making the playoffs are a concern right now

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Start-sky the Hutch? : Did you see Thomas in the playoffs last season ?  He got better better was the playoffs went on .  How can you think if he plays a lot the final month the Bruins will lose in the 1st round ?  Playoffs lasted almost 3months and he played every game . I think we'll see Khudobin back and play a game before we see Hutchinson.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    I have to agree with this. They might throw Hutchinson to the wolves, but my bet is TT will play every game until Khudobin can play in a week or so. Then Anton will play 3 or 4 games till the end of the year. Unless of course the B's continue on a free fall and they have to play TT. Lets hope not.To make it clear, i do not think the B's will go on a free fall.Just covering all bases. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

TT can hold the fort til Khubodin is ready to come back and give him a rest down the stretch. Certainly help if the defense would stop turning the puck over and that may or may not be relevant to the injuries up front and new guys being in there. I'm more concerned with Peverley and Horton coming back and how effective they'll be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]TT can hold the fort til Khubodin is ready to come back and give him a rest down the stretch. Certainly help if the defense would stop turning the puck over and that may or may not be relevant to the injuries up front and new guys being in there. I'm more concerned with Peverley and Horton coming back and how effective they'll be.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

My concern also.  Peverley I'm not as worried.  Horton,  that's a tough call.
    I look at it as a good time for TT to get his game back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Start-sky the Hutch? : My concern also.  Peverley I'm not as worried.  Horton,  that's a tough call. I look at it as a good time for TT to get his game back.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Improved D and TT in the zone will make everything a lot better. The offense will come, i'm not worried about that. As far as Peverly hillbillies and Horton hears a wooo, i think Peverly will be back in time and o.k, Horton i'm not going to speculate.If he comes back just before the playoffs,his timing will be very rusty and he may be more hindrance than help.I guess thats speculating, oh well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

18 games or so left in the season.  A back up needs to start at least 4 or 5games.  The last 5 of the season will undoubtedly be Thomas warming up for the playoffs. If the Bs can muster ten victories they will have 99 points.  That should clinch the division.  Ottawa does have three games against the Less Habitants and two against the Islanders, but the rest of the teams are all fighting for the playoffs.  If they do win three quarters of their games they would have 10 wins and 5 losses, and yes I know of the shootout points.  My point is the Ottawa Senators would have to basically win most of their games to catch the Bs if the Bs win ten of the remaining games.  Probable, but not feasible.  So start Hutchinson four or five games! It is good for the team play.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]TT can hold the fort til Khubodin is ready to come back and give him a rest down the stretch. Certainly help if the defense would stop turning the puck over and that may or may not be relevant to the injuries up front and new guys being in there. I'm more concerned with Peverley and Horton coming back and how effective they'll be.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

or Marty Turco.... LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I wouldn't be opposed to throwing Huthinson in there for a game or two.  The residual effect may be to tighten up the D a little, which wouldn't be such a bad thing. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't be opposed to throwing Huthinson in there for a game or two.  The residual effect may be to tighten up the D a little, which wouldn't be such a bad thing. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

Agree, but it looks like they're going with Turco, which makes zero sense to me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I mentioned before at least 3 times, TT looks like hes struggling to see the puck,seems like it was before his hip surgery, whether its minor or not he not only needs to rest but needs to get his focus back. How many here now wish PC had made a deal involving rask ( i know hindsight) but it just appears nothing is going right for the Bs and im hoping something sparks this team back to consistency soon.

Sections
Shortcuts