Start Tuuka!!!!! Enough of the Floppy Guy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Start Tuuka!!!!! Enough of the Floppy Guy

For crying out loud, just because he won the Vezina, won the Conn Smythe, led the team to the franchise's first Stanley Cup since 1972, set a record for highest save percentage in a single NHL season, doesn't make Tim Thomas the Lord Almighty. I mean he's played 2 games and given up 3 goals and he's only 1-1, what in the world is Julien waiting for. Rask is the team's real No. 1, and he should be in that net now!!!! . . .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Re: Start Tuuka!!!!! Enough of the Floppy Guy

This has GOT to be sarcastic.... right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

It's about time someone figured this out. And while you're at it, trade the guy too.

:-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Start Tuuka!!!!! Enough of the Floppy Guy:
    [QUOTE]For crying out loud, just because he won the Vezina, won the Conn Smythe, led the team to the franchise's first Stanley Cup since 1972, set a record for highest save percentage in a single NHL season, doesn't make Tim Thomas the Lord Almighty. I mean he's played 2 games and given up 3 goals and he's only 1-1, what in the world is Julien waiting for. Rask is the team's real No. 1, and he should be in that net now!!!! . . .
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    All jokes aside, Rask probably starts against the Avalanche. TT playing 2 out of 3 would still give him around 54 starts and allow him to be fresh for another long playoff run.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

It's weird to come to this room now, now with people content, and not angry, and not going off on Julien,Thomas, Chiarelli...it's refreshing...but in a way, as happens things become a little boring. I'm good with winning it all and the boredom that it creates for the naysayer fan club.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Rask will play v. the 'Lanche....I hope Tuuka can play 2-year ago caliber, just as TT was off 2 years ago, Tuuka was that much off last year (albeit for different reasons). Would be great to have both goalies playing well enough that Julien simply can turn to either one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

What the heck else does Thomas have to do in this stupid City to prove he is the #1 goalie. AS much as I like Rask to be our future goalie. He has not done anything for me to believe he is ready. Thomas should be the #1 goalie on this team. Sorry fellas but thats the truth. Rask has to put up the numbers and show the team he is READY to take over. Until then he can sit on the bench. Not saying he cant play. Just saying that when he gets his chances. He better play well. Or he will just be like all the other young goalies we have had in this city.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Start Tuuka!!!!! Enough of the Floppy Guy:
    [QUOTE]What the heck else does Thomas have to do in this stupid City to prove he is the #1 goalie. AS much as I like Rask to be our future goalie. He has not done anything for me to believe he is ready. Thomas should be the #1 goalie on this team. Sorry fellas but thats the truth. Rask has to put up the numbers and show the team he is READY to take over. Until then he can sit on the bench. Not saying he cant play. Just saying that when he gets his chances. He better play well. Or he will just be like all the other young goalies we have had in this city.
    Posted by PAULICAS1975[/QUOTE]
    Yeah but you can't expect TT to play all 82.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I understand what the original post was doing, but WHY do people continue to say Thomas had an off year in 2009-10 when the guy was INJURED!!!!!!?????!!!!!!  Of COURSE he had an off year, he had a hip injury that required surgery.  And if you look at his numbers from that year, they arent exactly bad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Its like saying Tuuka had an off year last year when he was injured and needed surgery... Oh wait. lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

Guess we're trying to give Kane's Donuts a heart attack today. :=)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]I understand what the original post was doing, but WHY do people continue to say Thomas had an off year in 2009-10 when the guy was INJURED!!!!!!?????!!!!!!  Of COURSE he had an off year, he had a hip injury that required surgery.  And if you look at his numbers from that year, they arent exactly bad.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]We can't really speculate on how much a factor the injury affected TT's play.Only TT knows for sure.For whatever reason he did have an off year and was outplayed by Tukka.Of course TT was brilliant last year and is clearly the no.1 goalie this year but give Rask some credit for playing well when TT faltered a couple of years ago.Rask was fine today and if can continue to play like he did today he will be the B's goalie when TT decides to retire or his game slides. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

[QUOTE]Guess we're trying to give Kane's Donuts a heart attack today. :=)
    Posted by ksp57[/QUOTE]

I think Kane's Donuts is really TTs wife.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Start Tuuka!!!!! Enough of the Floppy Guy : We can't really speculate on how much a factor the injury affected TT's play.Only TT knows for sure.For whatever reason he did have an off year and was outplayed by Tukka.Of course TT was brilliant last year and is clearly the no.1 goalie this year but give Rask some credit for playing well when TT faltered a couple of years ago.Rask was fine today and if can continue to play like he did today he will be the B's goalie when TT decides to retire or his game slides. 
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]

TTs the man but we have 2 great goalies. We have the best one  two punch in the league.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i hope the trend of no goal support for tuukka ends soon. what's up with this? he deserved a better outcome for his play on monday. he looked great. back to TT tonight? who was the first off the ice after morning skate? anyone know?