State of Minnesota is Top producers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

State of Minnesota is Top producers

I said I will take a crack at what candidates can made team USA:

I just read that the state of Minny at the present produces the most NHL american born players. The state of Mass. in the early nineties was number one. NY and Mich. state are usually in the top three. Don't asked me for the article I am not cut, paste, copy expert.

Being a Canadian myself I looked at USA and they also have many handfuls of possible players to represent the USA next Olympics.

My first error that i made for the USA/Canada roster is Buff is an american born should od checked his profile more carefully.

The list for USA like Canada can go pretty deep for selections:

callahan, backes, ryan, kessel, kesler, dubinsky, e. cole, JVR, couturier, parise, kane, gionta, R. malone, Pacereity (sp) outside looking in are legwand, colin wilson, galchenlnyuk, troula, schmautz, drew stafford,

leddy, wienniewski, suter, p. martin, a. greene, r. mcdonaugh, buff, J. mcbain,

quick,miller and T.T

If the American mngt. for selection should take a seriuos look at P. Housley to coach the american squad. He did a great job with the American Juniors for the gold medal.

I just found what info. i read about the USA producing state " quanthockey.com"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: State of Minnesota is Top producers

Canada should be able to put 3 teams in.  Thats how much depth canada has. Big question mark is goaltending.  Im thinking Price all the way.  But the best goalie in the world at the moment is craig anderson and he wont even be considered.  

The usa squad will be even better this time around.  I dont know if miller can perform at the same level or if he will even be the starter with the emergence of Quick. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_PlayerNationalities.php

http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_CanadianPlayers.php

http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_USPlayers.php

(Don't know the accuracy but these PHP looks close to me)

I'd like to see how regions of Canada are broken down. Obviously Ontario is more than likely number #1 by shear size. It seems to me that Western Canada has norrowed the gap somewhat.

Housley is a good choice but I see him as an assistant to either Bylsmea or Tortorella if the selection happened today. Phil did a great job at the U20, suprised me with that eventual offensive juggernaut.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

How can you say Dubinsky will be on the national team? I don't see it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_PlayerNationalities.php

http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_CanadianPlayers.php

http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_USPlayers.php

(Don't know the accuracy but these PHP looks close to me)

I'd like to see how regions of Canada are broken down. Obviously Ontario is more than likely number #1 by shear size. It seems to me that Western Canada has norrowed the gap somewhat.

Housley is a good choice but I see him as an assistant to either Bylsmea or Tortorella if the selection happened today. Phil did a great job at the U20, suprised me with that eventual offensive juggernaut.

San Doggy,  i think housley would possibly be a good special team guy as well.  

maritimes wouldnt score too high.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

I not saying who will make the squad just making a possible outcome.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I know they love him in Columbus. He plays in all situations and he will also drop the mitts in defense of a teammate. I heard his name mentioned the other day when people were discussing what's wrong with the Rangers. He's missed on Broadway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Can't be all skilled players, gotta have some grinders that can play a shutdown role.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I know they love him in Columbus. He plays in all situations and he will also drop the mitts in defense of a teammate. I heard his name mentioned the other day when people were discussing what's wrong with the Rangers. He's missed on Broadway.

I agree with that.  He is kinda like a mike keane.   You can have all the skill you want but when you yank a core guy it hurts.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

For example.  Andrew Ladd in chicago.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Canada should be able to put 3 teams in.  Thats how much depth canada has. Big question mark is goaltending.  Im thinking Price all the way.  But the best goalie in the world at the moment is craig anderson and he wont even be considered.  

The usa squad will be even better this time around.  I dont know if miller can perform at the same level or if he will even be the starter with the emergence of Quick. 

Canada can't consider Anderson - He's American.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Canada can't consider Anderson - He's American.

tks red, didnt know this.  

Does he have citizenship?   Brett Hull played for the US team.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He was born and raised in Illinois and has played for the States at the WC twice. He could have a chance of cracking their lineup this year if he continues to play at this level.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to red75's comment:

He was born and raised in Illinois and has played for the States at the WC twice. He could have a chance of cracking their lineup this year if he continues to play at this level.

Hes been lights out good.  I feel bad for sens fans.  Alfies last year likely, spezza and how karlsson.  Turris continues to improve.  

Thats hockey though.  Weve had our share of injuries over the yrs.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It bothers me that Minnesota and New York are putting more (and better) players in the NHL than Massachusetts.

What gives?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The players are from Dorchester and Somerville LoL...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Minny has always been a major producer have they not?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Minny has always been a major producer have they not?  

Yes, but Mass used to be neck and neck with them.  Can't help but wonder if some of the dismal, boring Bruins teams of the late-90's left a hole in youth development.

Sandog, I used to live in Somerville...it's lovely...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

bob, you mentioned TT - I just can't see it. With Quick, Miller, Anderson, Schneider, Howard all in the mix (not to mention actually playing) I just can't see Thomas making it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Yes, but Mass used to be neck and neck with them.  Can't help but wonder if some of the dismal, boring Bruins teams of the late-90's left a hole in youth development.

I think someone from Attlebordom once did laundry and carried the spit bucket for Merrimacks hockey program...

My thoughts are that is cyclical. Michigan had a run, upstate New York seems to be getting some players in the NHL more in more. Minnesota has been very consistent though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think someone from Attlebordom once did laundry and carried the spit bucket for Merrimacks hockey program...

My thoughts are that is cyclical. Michigan had a run, upstate New York seems to be getting some players in the NHL more in more. Minnesota has been very consistent though.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but I do think that the popularity of the area's NHL team can do wonders for youth hockey, and in turn produce NHL talent.  I realize that Minn. lost their team at the time when today's prospects were young kids, but it's just part of the culture there.

Sections
Shortcuts