State Of The Bruins..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

State Of The Bruins..

Promise this is not an overreaction from this weekends losses to Detroit. The Wings were struggling and found their way back. A damn good team.Nobody was beating them this weekend.

I hope it doesn't get to the point where the players are waiting for a deal to happen.PC saying that the pick could be dealt publicly didn't help. If theres a deal to better your team do it. If not, quietly hold onto the pick.

Tim Thomas. Man, has he saved this team so far. But is it realistic, rested or not, to assume he can keep that pace up for the whole season and into the playoffs? Thats alot to ask. Unreal job so far.

Something has to give on the Power play.this will be what kills them come playoff time. Power plays take on such an importance once everything tightens up. recchi at the point does not make sense. Maybe if your down 2 or 3 but protecting a lead, this should never happen. That said the PP struggled long before he went there. I'd like to see more action in front of the goaltender. I'd also like to see Seguin get more PP time.Confidence could carry over to 5 on 5 play.  If your going to put Campbell out there why not try Seguin and give him a chance? I'm not sure whether its CJ,s style but I'd like to see the reigns loosened a bit and some offensive creativity.
    I don't see much line matching as much as other teams do and I don't see 2 centerman on the ice in the closing monents of a close game in the defenseive zone. We lost one game this year because lucic was forced to take a face off in his own zone late in a game.

This team is too good to play as inconsistent as it has. I think they are 1 or 2 players (so are alot of other teams) away from being legit cup contenders. Too many nights the goalie has been the best player on the ice. I'm all for the school of thought that a goalie needs to steal a game here and there but that account might be empty.
    What good was the dallas game and Montreal game if their was no carry over? Too many times this team takes 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

I'd like to see a winger with some finish and put recchi down on the fourth line. Your 4th line in the playoffs has to contribute the odd goal here and there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

Re: State Of The Bruins..

In Response to State Of The Bruins..:
    Promise this is not an overreaction from this weekends losses to Detroit. The Wings were struggling and found their way back. A damn good team.Nobody was beating them this weekend. I hope it doesn't get to the point where the players are waiting for a deal to happen.PC saying that the pick could be dealt publicly didn't help. If theres a deal to better your team do it. If not, quietly hold onto the pick. Tim Thomas. Man, has he saved this team so far. But is it realistic, rested or not, to assume he can keep that pace up for the whole season and into the playoffs? Thats alot to ask. Unreal job so far. Something has to give on the Power play.this will be what kills them come playoff time. Power plays take on such an importance once everything tightens up. recchi at the point does not make sense. Maybe if your down 2 or 3 but protecting a lead, this should never happen. That said the PP struggled long before he went there. I'd like to see more action in front of the goaltender. I'd also like to see Seguin get more PP time.Confidence could carry over to 5 on 5 play.  If your going to put Campbell out there why not try Seguin and give him a chance? I'm not sure whether its CJ,s style but I'd like to see the reigns loosened a bit and some offensive creativity. I don't see much line matching as much as other teams do and I don't see 2 centerman on the ice in the closing monents of a close game in the defenseive zone. We lost one game this year because lucic was forced to take a face off in his own zone late in a game. This team is too good to play as inconsistent as it has. I think they are 1 or 2 players (so are alot of other teams) away from being legit cup contenders. Too many nights the goalie has been the best player on the ice. I'm all for the school of thought that a goalie needs to steal a game here and there but that account might be empty. What good was the dallas game and Montreal game if their was no carry over? Too many times this team takes 1 step forward and 2 steps back. I'd like to see a winger with some finish and put recchi down on the fourth line. Your 4th line in the playoffs has to contribute the odd goal here and there.
    Posted by kelvana33

State of the Bruins...a 2nd round loss again in the playoffs...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

NO COACH

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to State Of The Bruins..:
    Promise this is not an overreaction from this weekends losses to Detroit. The Wings were struggling and found their way back. A damn good team.Nobody was beating them this weekend. I hope it doesn't get to the point where the players are waiting for a deal to happen.PC saying that the pick could be dealt publicly didn't help. If theres a deal to better your team do it. If not, quietly hold onto the pick. Tim Thomas. Man, has he saved this team so far. But is it realistic, rested or not, to assume he can keep that pace up for the whole season and into the playoffs? Thats alot to ask. Unreal job so far. Something has to give on the Power play.this will be what kills them come playoff time. Power plays take on such an importance once everything tightens up. recchi at the point does not make sense. Maybe if your down 2 or 3 but protecting a lead, this should never happen. That said the PP struggled long before he went there. I'd like to see more action in front of the goaltender. I'd also like to see Seguin get more PP time.Confidence could carry over to 5 on 5 play.  If your going to put Campbell out there why not try Seguin and give him a chance? I'm not sure whether its CJ,s style but I'd like to see the reigns loosened a bit and some offensive creativity. I don't see much line matching as much as other teams do and I don't see 2 centerman on the ice in the closing monents of a close game in the defenseive zone. We lost one game this year because lucic was forced to take a face off in his own zone late in a game. This team is too good to play as inconsistent as it has. I think they are 1 or 2 players (so are alot of other teams) away from being legit cup contenders. Too many nights the goalie has been the best player on the ice. I'm all for the school of thought that a goalie needs to steal a game here and there but that account might be empty. What good was the dallas game and Montreal game if their was no carry over? Too many times this team takes 1 step forward and 2 steps back. I'd like to see a winger with some finish and put recchi down on the fourth line. Your 4th line in the playoffs has to contribute the odd goal here and there.
    Posted by kelvana33

Nice post, don't agree with all your evaluations but essentially correct.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

I think this weekend was a perfect summary of our squad here.  Very good team, competitive, some excellent pieces, just not on par with the elites.  Good Post.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsRock. Show BsRock's posts

How does seguin not get rewarded with pp time. Oh wait we have campbell.  I think CJ needs to give his head a shake.  Why does horton not get any PP, he has a wicked releases.  With the more open ice, i would think i would thrieve a little more out there.  Recchi on the point is just stupid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I took some notes on todays game, noticing for one line changes were terrible, essentially marchands bonehead play was due to such a slow linechange. The beginning of the game the kines were getting 30 to 40 second shifts, midway in the 1st, thorntons line was out there 35 seconds, then a whistle and draw in the defensive zone, no line change and the wings had great pressure on that line. Recchi on the point on the PP, theres something seriously wrong here when you have him there and win or lose, my assesment (too much to write) is quite simple CJ = Bad  for this team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shortpops. Show shortpops's posts

This weekend's rather dismal results clearly show that changes need to be made,a tweek here and a tweek there,namely a good puck moving defenseman with a  heavy shot who knows how to use it. Also a  quick skating winger who  is not afraid to go to the net and bang the puck home even if he has to take one for the team.  Enough of some of these "pretty boys" who play hard for a bit and then float for a bit. The bruins have a couple of  younger forewards who seem to be living in the glory of their past performances in a bygone year and not trying to exceed or match them. Somebody needs to review the scoring history of the forewards and then sit down and have a talk with these guys who appear to be just going through the motions most games. A couple of years ago they had Steve Montador who could skate  either as a wing or a dman but management in its almighty wisdom decioded to not resign hime. He was one guy who absolutely would take one for the team if he thought it would help win a game. That is exactly the kind of player that they should be adding now as playoff time approaches. It takes more than just talent to be a winner.  An aggressive attitude is very important.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: State Of The Bruins..:
           This weekend's rather dismal results clearly show that changes need to be made,a tweek here and a tweek there,namely a good puck moving defenseman with a  heavy shot who knows how to use it. Also a  quick skating winger who  is not afraid to go to the net and bang the puck home even if he has to take one for the team.  Enough of some of these "pretty boys" who play hard for a bit and then float for a bit. The bruins have a couple of  younger forewards who seem to be living in the glory of their past performances in a bygone year and not trying to exceed or match them. Somebody needs to review the scoring history of the forewards and then sit down and have a talk with these guys who appear to be just going through the motions most games. A couple of years ago they had Steve Montador who could skate  either as a wing or a dman but management in its almighty wisdom decioded to not resign hime. He was one guy who absolutely would take one for the team if he thought it would help win a game. That is exactly the kind of player that they should be adding now as playoff time approaches. It takes more than just talent to be a winner.  An aggressive attitude is very important.
    Posted by shortpops

Montador.   The guy who is sure to take one totally idiotic penalty a game?  And almost every game a totally stupid play?  He did more to help the Bruins win in the Buffalo series last year playing for the Sabres.

OK, let's forget about that.  Let's talk about that aggressive play of Montador.  Let's talk about his last concussion, he just got cleared to play for Monday.  What the heck, Bruins have never had problems with guys getting concussions, so likely Montador will be fine, right?

A quick skating winger who isn't afraid to go to the net and bang one home?  No wait, let me guess, Phil Kessel?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Weak.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Now I'm concerned...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The Bs are not safe down wind from the history of the CJ era.  Something smells!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Laid an egg tonight that's for sure. And Thomas did not play well. It looked as if they all expected the Leafs to just come out and hand them the game.

Hopefully this serves as a bit of a wakeup call with the Islanders and Sens up next. They better not lose those games..........

Maybe a few games on the road will help them get their game back.

Sections
Shortcuts