Stats that are a concern or worry to me

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Stats that are a concern or worry to me

Ryder with all that pp time and is a -1.

Krejci with just 4 goals, true lots of assists that make him close to a point a game, and true denting his head doesn't help, but still seems like he should have more goals.

Bergeron, last and least troubling, just 5 goals 10 asists, 15 points - i would hust like to see him perfrom a bit better than that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Re: Stats that are a concern or worry to me

I don't want Ryder around, no matter how good he plays.  Regardless of how the B's finish this year, their wings will look drastically different in 2011. (Gabriel Landeskog, please come down...)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

And I love Bergeron but he has played god awful for most of the year.  Way too many broken plays and weakness on the puck.  Faceoffs are not that great for him either.  Hope that comes to an end soon considering those are all usually his strengths.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Stats that are a concern or worry to me:
    And I love Bergeron but he has played god awful for most of the year.  Way too many broken plays and weakness on the puck.  Faceoffs are not that great for him either.  Hope that comes to an end soon considering those are all usually his strengths.
    Posted by shaunk

You and I are watching different games apparently in regards to Bergeron.For the most part,all that his game is missing are wingers who can finish.Add to that the fact that he's hit as many posts as Horton.He'll have a breakout game soon(maybe today against Philly)as he's been looking stronger since the one rough outing in Toronto(followed up by being best player on the ice against Buffalo)By season's end expect him to have at least 20G and 60 pts to go along with a Selke nomination and hopefully a Conn Smythe(dare to dream).Go Bruins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Shots for and shots against.  

Shots for in that the Bs are not burying their chances.  One can say it is the quality of shots, rebound shots, or defensemen shots as opposed to forwards... the Bs are not scoring goals.  

Shots against, are the defensemen as good as the GAA, are the goalies compensating for the defense, or are the once injured centers still adjusting to the defensive game.  The numbers are high SF/SA!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bergeron is what he is an all around center.  Not too many out their like him.  He will always be on the third line with Savard and Krejci as the top centers.  The stats will reflect that game with 3rd line wingers.  He scoring would improve on wing, if Wheeler still progresses as a centerman then Bergeron could move to the wing on the second line.  Ryder's stats look good, trade him.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I'd like to take San Dog's point one step further- the Bruins are lumbering along.  The team hasn't played too well up to this point.  They have been carried by TT's record setting start.  If the team was getting average or even just plain old good goaltending, they wouldn't be in the top 8 in the conference. 

This team needs to get things in order and having Savvy back is a step in the right direction.  The B's can't rely on the spectacular goaltending they have been getting by TT.  Love TT and hope it continues, but he has been playing like a man possessed by the hockey gods.  Would be nice to see the rest of the team play to their potential.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

The secret to team success is not measured in player's point totals, Badhab.

In the new NHL, post strike, the secret to success is this: Hang in the playoff hunt, don't kill yourself, pile up some points so you can take your foot off the pedal, and leave some gas in the tank, and then let it all hang out in the playoffs.

If a team doesn't do this they are in trouble when the stretch drive begins. E.g. San Jose Sharks, Washingon Capitals etc. etc.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Unfortunately waiting for Savard has not been a blessing. Now he is back and the waiting remains as he regains his skills and energy. His line needs to allow for some chemistry to emerge, but with Ryder's fluctuating play it may be more difficult. Bergeron seems to be saddled with some emerging, but not here yet, skill in Wheeler, and some declining,[ unfortunately] speed and skills[ poor passes] from Rex. The 4th line with Marchand and Campbell have certainly been helpful, but IMO could be improved with a replacement for Thornton[ maybe REX]. That said, patience is needed for these newly formed lines to jell.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Landeskog? Oh yeah I can dig that.
    http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=118530
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_Landeskog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=034U22trKII&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLRHmtnrjKE

I don't want Ryder around, no matter how good he plays.  Regardless of how the B's finish this year, their wings will look drastically different in 2011. (Gabriel Landeskog, please come down...)
    Posted by shaunk

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Minor quibble.

Washington has not historically had the talent to win a cup. They haven't had a viable defense in as long as I can remember if ever. They've had average to above average goaltending in spurts, and insane amounts of offensive talent, but the defense has always been a very distant third.

San Jose is a differnet beast, they had all they needed to win at least one cup.

The secret to team success is not measured in player's point totals, Badhab. In the new NHL, post strike, the secret to success is this: Hang in the playoff hunt, don't kill yourself, pile up some points so you can take your foot off the pedal, and leave some gas in the tank, and then let it all hang out in the playoffs. If a team doesn't do this they are in trouble when the stretch drive begins. E.g. San Jose Sharks, Washingon Capitals etc. etc.
    Posted by Wheatskins

Sections
Shortcuts