Status on Zach Parise

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joegiunts. Show joegiunts's posts

Status on Zach Parise

Since the Devils are in last place in the league, they will be sellers at the trade deadline.  I wonder what it would take to try to pry Zach Parise from them.  His salary is $3,125,000 this year and is a RFA next year.    I know that he is on LTIR but is he out for the season?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: Status on Zach Parise

I think he's due back around March?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Many threads on this already, but he is due back on skates in March and would presumably be ready for a playoff run if traded.  I think the price would be very high though.  I suspect the Devils would much rather move older talent, Rolston, Elias, etc.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

Start with Toronto's lottery pick

then add one of Caron / Colborne / Spooner

and last but not least, Wheeler and Stuart

He's a top 10 player in this league....he would cost way too much.....

however, if there is a player in this league that might be available, hes the guy i want...heck of a player

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

I would hope the B's would be very interested if Parise is available.  A sign and trade is ideal as the B's have the picks to burn as well as other young cheap players on the team and in the system.  If not then I would throw the biggest offer sheet they can at him and give up the picks to make it happen.  Similar to what the B's got in return for Kessel, the difference being Parise is a far better overall player.  After the last couple of years drafting fairly well, and this year with multiple picks, it is not critical to continue stock piling picks.  The B's core is young and signed long term.  What we need most is a true 1st line player because in my opinion they don't have one.  Not to say they don't have "top 6" forwards cause they do but "top 6" to me refers to 2nd line players.  We got several of them just no true stars at the moment at forward.  That changes with Parise and maybe the development of Seguin and Horton.  Now that could be a first line...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

How bout this trade;

Parise and Clarkson to BOS

for

Krecji, Wheeler, Stuart, Caron, TOR pick, and the B's 1st rd this year or next

Then with Krecji, Wheeler, Stuart and Ryder off the books by year end, Parise can get his dough?

This is the kind of chance the B's need to take to get the cup!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Parise is an exceptional player... it would take a lot to get him.  I'm pretty satisfied with Lucic and Marchand as top 6 left wings, so I think I would rather not pay the price.  I think it's better to have your big money invested in your centers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

The price will be very high.to high to consider?It's worth talking to them,you can always say no thanks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The one thing that New Jersey wants, we don't have -- cap relief.

They don't want a grab bag of players that equal the same salary they are giving up.

Parise and Clarkson are two on the only good, young talented pieces on that team.  Probably the two guys they most want to hang on to.

They'll want to move Elias and Rolston if possible instead

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Staus ? getting ready to count allot of money this summer down at the Jersey Shore and when he comes back he knows he will lift his team without missing a beat like Okposo has just done for the Islanders.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Clarkson 2.6M for 3 years, has 8G 4A this year, good thing Wheeler's arbitration was not based on this, he would have got over 3M.

Wheeler is better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Top 6 forwards...

30 teams x 6 players = 180

Bruins players in the top 180, cut off is at 20 points.

Berg 41, Krej 34, Luc 33, Rech 33,  Hort 29,  Ryder 28,  March  25,  Wheel 22.
    That is 8 top 6 forwards, with Camp 18 and Seg 16 not far behind considering they are getting 4th line mins. Add in Thorn and we have 11 players in top 9 status.  Only Sav is not in top 9, played half of games and was at 75%.

Top 3 players, we have 4 in Berg Krej Luc and Rec in top 90 players.

So believe it or not our players are better than most.  We have legite 1st liners, and our complemental 2nd liners go all the way to our 3rd line as top 6 players. Hard to believe, but the facts are in the numbers, and that we are a winning team helps to prove this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Good post GOAT. Finally someone shows the bruins with results and quality. Certainly there are individual players who could improve the Bruins team, yesterday the posts were on Richards, and today Parise. Replacing one for one would be a good move, but then you have the CAP. OOOPs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beesbear. Show beesbear's posts

I like our team, sure if Savy is out than lets go out and get someone that can fill in , but don't try and trade the hole team, come on. I'd  like to see Parise in a Boston sweater though, he is a impact player that can make a difference.GO BRUINS GO..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Give us a top end talent on offense PC, then you have 1. stud goalie, 2. shutdown dman, 3. dynamic offensive guy to make other forwards around him better.

If PC can pull out the richards, or parise, I'll see you all at the duck boats!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: Status on Zach Parise:
    [QUOTE]Give us a top end talent on offense PC, then you have 1. stud goalie, 2. shutdown dman, 3. dynamic offensive guy to make other forwards around him better. If PC can pull out the richards, or parise, I'll see you all at the duck boats!
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]
    It'd have to be from a trade. In free agency, outside of the available Centre's, there is really not much skill on the wing. It's pretty said when a guy like Milan Hejduk (who will be 35 or so) is the most productive winger on the 2011 UFA list.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman0325. Show tman0325's posts

Slow Down- Not a Top 10 Player

Ovechkin
    Crosby
    Malkin
    Stamkos
    Sedin
    Sedin
    Nash
    Datsuyk
    Thornton
    Marleau

That is just a quick list.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Slow Down- Not a Top 10 Player Ovechkin Crosby Malkin Stamkos Sedin Sedin Nash Datsuyk Thornton Marleau That is just a quick list.
    Posted by tman0325[/QUOTE]

I'd take Parise over Nash and Marleau.  There are others though and Parise is probably a top 20 talent in the league to be sure.  Age is a factor too in talking about which guy to get.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Hey, how about this:

Boston doesn't trade ANYTHING to the Devils for Parise?

The guy will still be on the IR well beyond the trade deadline. He's not supposed to come back till the end of March at the earliest, so with even a minor setback there is no guarantee that he will play at all this year. He is RFA at end of season. And you think it would be wise to trade away a top 5 draft pick, PLUS prospects? For someone who may not play a single game for the Bruins?!

Are you kidding?? Even if he does come back at the end of March like he's expected, that will give him, what, 6 -10 games before playoffs start? You really think he'd be in "Parise form" for the playoffs after only playing a half dozen games after major knee surgery?

Take Parise off your trade radars, it's not happening.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]Top 6 forwards... 30 teams x 6 players = 180 Bruins players in the top 180, cut off is at 20 points. Berg 41, Krej 34, Luc 33, Rech 33,  Hort 29,  Ryder 28,  March  25,  Wheel 22. That is 8 top 6 forwards, with Camp 18 and Seg 16 not far behind considering they are getting 4th line mins. Add in Thorn and we have 11 players in top 9 status.  Only Sav is not in top 9, played half of games and was at 75%. Top 3 players, we have 4 in Berg Krej Luc and Rec in top 90 players. So believe it or not our players are better than most.  We have legite 1st liners, and our complemental 2nd liners go all the way to our 3rd line as top 6 players. Hard to believe, but the facts are in the numbers, and that we are a winning team helps to prove this.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Excellent work No4.

Being an Accountant, I'm very well aware that numbers tell stories and give you insight. However, most Bruins fans are there for the moment, paying no attention to the overall picture - which in the end is the most important thing of all. Most fans just want something to cheer about with their beer - then nothing matters, until their next beer.

If one has a look at the current standings and compares the Bruin numbers with that of the rest of the teams, they might realize that this team is "there". And they have gotten "there" without most of their players playing at their best and despite the adversity of injuries.

All of this bodes well for the Bruins; however, the beer drinkers have no interest in any of it. They don't worry about the future, unless they know there will no beer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

I understand the math and rationale.  In ranking all NHL forwards I get that the B's have a good group.  Maybe I should define in my mind what a top line player looks like; Center - point per game player, Winger - PPG and/or consistent 35+ goals per.  Obviously intangibles play a part as well.

That said, I realize their are not 90 of these players in the league or 3 for every team.  The B's have none.  A healthy Savard is the closest thing with Bergy, Krecji, Horton, and now Lucic as the next cut.  Parise is one of a few point per game 35+ goal scorers in the league.  Therefore an upgrade if he can had at the right price.  I would argue with the great depth just pointed out in recent posts that we can afford to trade some quantity for quality.  It's been 40yrs bud.

And I do like a frosty beer.

Sections
Shortcuts