Stay classy Montreal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvegas. Show mvegas's posts

Stay classy Montreal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Nh5TtIpug&feature=youtu.be

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Re: Stay classy Montreal

Doesn't the guy in blue have a Bruins touque on?

And yeah...this never happens in Boston. Or anywhere else where you mix beer and idiots. And that's the reality:  99% of the people who get into fights at sporting events are morons, and morons exist in every fan base.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Stay classy Montreal:
    [QUOTE]Doesn't the guy in blue have a Bruins touque on? And yeah...this never happens in Boston. Or anywhere else where you mix beer and idiots. And that's the reality:  99% of the people who get into fights at sporting events are morons, and morons exist in every fan base.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Even the best neighborhoods have trash day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]Doesn't the guy in blue have a Bruins touque on? And yeah...this never happens in Boston. Or anywhere else where you mix beer and idiots. And that's the reality:  99% of the people who get into fights at sporting events are morons, and morons exist in every fan base.

There are no morons in Leafland, Kennedy.Tongue out

We're all saintsInnocent

Given how quiet we are at the Air Canda, we could use a few morons thoughLaughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Seems to be an extra concentration of idiots in Montreal and Vancouver specifically.  Just sayin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Stay classy Montreal:
    [QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Nh5TtIpug&feature=youtu.be
    Posted by mvegas[/QUOTE]

OK, this is political, but its hockey, too.

What bothers me is all the anti-American statements on there.

First, before I say anything more, I'm liberal, left wing and not the flag waving type at all, so I'm not defending America right or wrong.

But what is this with all the anti-American stuff that I see from the Quebecois?  I don't see it from other Canadians.

The outrage and hate I see from the Quebecois is just over the top, what I might expect from some Vietcong who's mother had her leg blown off or something.

Lots of countries have beefs with the US, lots and lots.  But Canada, and particularly Quebec??  What the hell, Canada actually benefits from US foreign policy more than most.

What I get from the Quebecois is "you just don't understand what its like suffering from US policy."  Like what?  And they have no answer.  And these are hockey playing idiots who know zero about politics.

I honestly think that the Quebecois hate the US so much just because it makes them feel different and push an agenda of separating from the rest of Canada - as if the rest of Canada benefits from the US and Quebec suffers.

It ties right in with the arrogance I see from the Quebecois playing hockey  down here in MA and play in the pickup games  - not good players, probably the only few in Quebec that didn't skate early in life - you can just tell when someone starts skating later in life.  But then they have this attitude like they're good because being born in Quebec gives them some kind of a special birth right or something.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I have been to many games at the gahden (old and new) over the years and have only seen one fight in the stands. I'm sure there have been more and TV has a policy of not showing that sort of thing when it occurs in the stands. In only about 6 Patriots games I've bet I've seen 4 or 5 fights. Alcohol and idiots. I swear the drinking age should be 40.

I will defend Boston fans as classier than Montreal fans any day but not based on a brawl in the stands at last night's game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

But what is this with all the anti-American stuff that I see from the Quebecois?  I don't see it from other Canadians.

The Quebecois are also anti-Canadian so nothing to take personal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Ah, the joys of nearly everyone having a video cameras handy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Stay classy Montreal:
    [QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Nh5TtIpug&feature=youtu.be
    Posted by mvegas[/QUOTE]

Some of you guys didnt believe me when I told the story about last year when my son and I had to take off our B's jerseys after the Char-Pacio incident to avoid being killed ..and I am serious , I travel a lot , as a matter of fact I just came back from a 3 weeks trip to India , but believe me its the 1st time in my 55 years of life were I felt my life was in danger ...some fans were pushing us , some spitting on us ...I said to my son take off your jersey and we proceeded to the exit after the incident ..there were some B's fans outside involved in fights with habs fans ...those guys are animals .....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Some Americans say ridiculous, stereotypical, idiotic things about Quebecers. Some Quebecers say ridiculous, stereotypical, idiotic things about Americans. Look at any hockey message board (including this one and the main Habs board) and you'll see plenty of examples.

The morons still make up the minority of the fan base. Using the actions of 10 people to make a judgment on thousands is inherently flawed, but obviously it doesn't stop either fan base from doing it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I just posted this, Yes the guy with blue jacket has a Bruins touque.
    I was not too far from the fight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Yeah whatever.  We are all the same.  People are people....right?
    Let's all hold hands with our various sports team jerseys on and make generic, vanilla comments on society and pretend like we are solving world issues.

Acting like Montreal is no different than any other major North American city is laughable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Passion is fine but when passion crosses over line and enters Lunacyville, this is when I start to point the finger.  It's been pointed at Montreal for a long time now.  Right there with Rio and newest member, Vancouver.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Kennedy is right "Alcohol and Idiots" are everywhere. I'll say this though the Belle Centre security guards, they are a bunch of wuzzys as they were there for the whole fight and didn't much till the fighters got tired.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]Some Americans say ridiculous, stereotypical, idiotic things about Quebecers. Some Quebecers say ridiculous, stereotypical, idiotic things about Americans. Look at any hockey message board (including this one and the main Habs board) and you'll see plenty of examples. The morons still make up the minority of the fan base. Using the actions of 10 people to make a judgment on thousands is inherently flawed, but obviously it doesn't stop either fan base from doing it.

Yes, it's always a minority of doofuses (or is the plural doofi?) that taint a fan base. The difference is in Boston, the doofi make up 1% whereas in Montreal that number may be 2%. I have no idea what the real number is but it's higher in Montreal than Boston and I would bet your life on it.  But don't worry, if the real number is 2% there, it's about 8% in philly so you guys are no where near the worst. ;)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I have to agree with Kennedy and maybe even take it one step further.  As far as violence goes, I think Boston is one of the worst culprits.  I feel like I see more drunkeness and fighting at Boston sporting events than just about anywhere.

That said, Montreal has it's own low class issues, such as booing the anthem on occassion and rioting like a bunch of spoiled brats when they win.  Boston isn't that bad overall, but if we're talking about drinking and fighting I don't think we're able to point any fingers. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

You can go to any sports event and see something like this break out at any time, so I'm not going to say Montreal fans are worse than any other when it comes to incidents like this. The thing that is laughable though is how self-righteous Montreal fans are. In their minds, Boston fans are animals and they (Montreal fans) are so classy. They preach that Montreal fans are perfect and would never, NEVER do anything harmful to another fan....yeah right, get off of your high horse..........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Wait, I thought this only happens in Philly??

And LOL at any self-righteous Boston fans who says their po-op don't stink. I have been to numerous games where Bruins fans are obnoxious, throwing popcorn, ice cubes, even "spilling" a beer on an opposing fan. At a Celtics game a fan actually came over to my empty seat while I was down taking a photo and spit in my beer. I confronted him about it and the wuss backed down, I then dumped my beer, and bought two beers, one for him and one for me(both untainted unbeknownst to him) and challanged him to drink it down, he again wussed out, I drank both.

So, the only thing that gives you hypocrites any leverage is that Habs fans are even more holier than thou than Boston fans.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Some Americans say ridiculous, stereotypical, idiotic things about Quebecers. Some Quebecers say ridiculous, stereotypical, idiotic things about Americans. Look at any hockey message board (including this one and the main Habs board) and you'll see plenty of examples. The morons still make up the minority of the fan base. Using the actions of 10 people to make a judgment on thousands is inherently flawed, but obviously it doesn't stop either fan base from doing it.
    Kennedy I do think there are idiots in every fan base. However; there are some that standout a lot more. Montreal being one, Vancouver being the other as prime examples. It's the fan bases that make the news. Personally? Calgary fans are the worst I've experienced. I hate the Flames & want them to fail, because their fanbase has proven to me everytime I've been to the Saddledom that there's more morons than normal fans there. Been to the old Forum & the Bell. I've seen fights between Bruin fans & Hab fans, but where I was sitting the Bruin fans started it. Maybe it was because they were French Bruin fans! Sealed oops, did I just type that out loud?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tylerwhidden. Show tylerwhidden's posts

I like how the security guy's shirt has the phonetic spelling of the way Cartman says the word.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Stay classy Montreal : OK, this is political, but its hockey, too. What bothers me is all the anti-American statements on there. First, before I say anything more, I'm liberal, left wing and not the flag waving type at all, so I'm not defending America right or wrong. But what is this with all the anti-American stuff that I see from the Quebecois?  I don't see it from other Canadians. The outrage and hate I see from the Quebecois is just over the top, what I might expect from some Vietcong who's mother had her leg blown off or something. Lots of countries have beefs with the US, lots and lots.  But Canada, and particularly Quebec??  What the hell, Canada actually benefits from US foreign policy more than most. What I get from the Quebecois is "you just don't understand what its like suffering from US policy."  Like what?  And they have no answer.  And these are hockey playing idiots who know zero about politics. I honestly think that the Quebecois hate the US so much just because it makes them feel different and push an agenda of separating from the rest of Canada - as if the rest of Canada benefits from the US and Quebec suffers. It ties right in with the arrogance I see from the Quebecois playing hockey  down here in MA and play in the pickup games  - not good players, probably the only few in Quebec that didn't skate early in life - you can just tell when someone starts skating later in life.  But then they have this attitude like they're good because being born in Quebec gives them some kind of a special birth right or something.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

How old are you BH ?  Becasue you are really off in left field with this one.

Quebecers are not all Amercian hating separatists.  But the majority love their hockey with a passion...and the rival with the Bruins (American city) makes the Bruins a perfect target for their frustrations and a perfect outlet for their passion!

That's all there is !  The rest of your 'perceptions' are bogus and completely unfounded.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Stay classy Montreal : Some of you guys didnt believe me when I told the story about last year when my son and I had to take off our B's jerseys after the Char-Pacio incident to avoid being killed ..and I am serious , I travel a lot , as a matter of fact I just came back from a 3 weeks trip to India , but believe me its the 1st time in my 55 years of life were I felt my life was in danger ...some fans were pushing us , some spitting on us ...I said to my son take off your jersey and we proceeded to the exit after the incident ..there were some B's fans outside involved in fights with habs fans ...those guys are animals ..... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Whatever ! There are hundreds of policemen out after every game and you were afraid for your life?  Stay home and don't travel to Philadelphia for a game , or
    to New York for a game...because you'll never make it back home alive!

LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

It looked like a skinhead convention. What the hell is going on up there?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stay classy Montreal : How old are you BH ?  Becasue you are really off in left field with this one. Quebecers are not all Amercian hating separatists.  But the majority love their hockey with a passion...and the rival with the Bruins (American city) makes the Bruins a perfect target for their frustrations and a perfect outlet for their passion! That's all there is !  The rest of your 'perceptions' are bogus and completely unfounded.  
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

I am 52.
    My perceptions are my perceptions.
    True, not all Quebecois are American hating separatists, but I know a fair number, plus add the comments you see on that page.