Stay classy Montreal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Stay classy Montreal

I was at Game 4 of the 78 World Series at Yankee Stadium (against the Dodgers) sitting in the upper deck, first seat beside the Usher and police officer.

In the bottom of the 7th, another Officer comes running in and says to the other, "there's a fight 2 sections over, they need our help."

The other Officer replies, "F--k them, the Yankees are up!"

That sums up my sentiments, too. If they want to fight, let them keep fighting until they beat themselves to a pulp while everyone watches. It's the only way they will learn. They will never fight again, if no-one steps in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: Stay classy Montreal:
    [QUOTE]It looked like a skinhead convention. What the hell is going on up there?
    Posted by mikzor[/QUOTE]

HA! Thats great!
    Or maybe the Jerry Springer Show :P

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stay classy Montreal :  Becasue you are really off in left field with this one. Quebecers are not all Amercian hating separatists.  .  
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

Yes they are.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stay classy Montreal : Whatever ! There are hundreds of policemen out after every game and you were afraid for your life?  Stay home and don't travel to Philadelphia for a game , or to New York for a game...because you'll never make it back home alive! LOL
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

Ohh noooes, those Philly fans throw snowballs at Santa.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]I was at Game 4 of the 78 World Series at Yankee Stadium (against the Dodgers) sitting in the upper deck, first seat beside the Usher and police officer. In the bottom of the 7th, another Officer comes running in and says to the other, "there's a fight 2 sections over, they need our help." The other Officer replies, "F--k them, the Yankees are up!" That sums up my sentiments, too. If they want to fight, let them keep fighting until they beat themselves to a pulp while everyone watches. It's the only way they will learn. They will never fight again, if no-one steps in.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

In an even, consensual fight I agree, but in this situation somebody could have been killed.  Somebody was kicking the one guy in the head. 
    Many on one is disgusting and cowardly in any situation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Hmm, I have been to Montreal, Quebec, Charlottetown, Stockholm, Helsinki, and London.  The rude people don't reside in one area alone, but some people in ignorance do have a mob mentality.   Once in Montreal when we were seeking directions down town, I had several people help. Then at the game (no Bs sportswear) we were treated rudely until we sat down and my wife had a very nice conversation with Hal Gill's wife-French Canadien ( He was playing for the Bs at that time).  So Kennedy is correct but not completely.  BadHab is correct but not completely.  Parenthelically, I found London to have some of the most pompuous inhabitants. BTW Swedes can be very prejudice despite the perception of being passive and easy going.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I have to agree with Kennedy and maybe even take it one step further.  As far as violence goes, I think Boston is one of the worst culprits.  I feel like I see more drunkeness and fighting at Boston sporting events than just about anywhere. That said, Montreal has it's own low class issues, such as booing the anthem on occassion and rioting like a bunch of spoiled brats when they win.  Boston isn't that bad overall, but if we're talking about drinking and fighting I don't think we're able to point any fingers. 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    I don't think I've ever seen a game in Boston that didn't include a fight in the stands. I saw a kid in an "Oilers suck!" t-shirt get pummelled because the guys beating him didn't take the time to finish reading his shirt before starting to beat him. That was fight last night would be a rarity for the Forum/Bell Centre. I've seen almost as many games in Montreal as I have in Boston and I've never witnessed a crowd fight live in Montreal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I agree with the sentiment every city has it's share of fans that are morons. I just happen to think the city of Philadelphia has more than any other city.

The city of Brotherly love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcgivAeVlI4

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stay classy Montreal : In an even, consensual fight I agree, but in this situation somebody could have been killed.  Somebody was kicking the one guy in the head.  Many on one is disgusting and cowardly in any situation.
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

As I stated I was at the game and had a pretty good view  and the guy kicking ran down from another section to join in on a guy that was already getting beaten up , defenseless and this guy kicking him like that was disgusting.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

I lived in Montreal for 6 years and I got out of "the" GnR concert just in time to drive by the big O and watch the Cop cars start to get turned over.(another riot) I loved the 6 years I lived there. . . . bars open till 3am, standing room seats for cheap at the ol' Forum,great maple syrup,drive fast everywhere-screw the speed limits and stop signs, hockey and beer was religion - I hated the politics and the Habs and loved to hate the stupid stuff.Having Habs fans throw beer at me from 3 rows up was a badge of honour when the Bruins would actually win a game in there. Eventually moved to BC.(now I hate the Canucks-didn't until June) Quebecers are interesting people- they are anti-American but American wannabes at the same time. The corner stores would sell out of all the waterered down well marketed fancy colourful-cased beers fast as you can say Bud-Lite. They love the NFL and at times have more affinity with Vermont than Ontario.That said-I spent 6  of the most fun years I ever had in the West Island of Montreal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whitewings. Show Whitewings's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p7YIPLKrA0

Short memory, nothing more to say

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whitewings. Show Whitewings's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNlDnCtmEbM

Stay classy Boston 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Hey Dez - that fight looks like another Saturday night on Prince William Street in Saint John, eh?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with the sentiment every city has it's share of fans that are morons. I just happen to think the city of Philadelphia has more than any other city. The city of Brotherly love. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcgivAeVlI4
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with this.  I've seen the Bruins in a lot of different rinks and Philly (the old Spectrum) was the only place that I actually started to worry about my safety.  I saw a Bruin fan get jumped in my section for no reason at all.  Then I got approached by four Flyers fans while in line for beer, as I was wearing a Bruins shirt.  Luckily I was watching the game with a bunch of friends who were Flyers fans and they came running over.  As soon as these guys realized the fight wasn't going to be 4 on 1, they moved on.  Typical Philly.  They deserve every crappy Flyers failure they have gotten.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stay classy Montreal : Totally agree with this.  I've seen the Bruins in a lot of different rinks and Philly (the old Spectrum) was the only place that I actually started to worry about my safety.  I saw a Bruin fan get jumped in my section for no reason at all.  Then I got approached by four Flyers fans while in line for beer, as I was wearing a Bruins shirt.  Luckily I was watching the game with a bunch of friends who were Flyers fans and they came running over.  As soon as these guys realized the fight wasn't going to be 4 on 1, they moved on.  Typical Philly.  They deserve every crappy Flyers failure they have gotten.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I know eve3ry city/stadium has it's morons and it happens in every city, but Philly, you can almost set your watch on it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNlDnCtmEbM Stay classy Boston 
    Posted by Whitewings[/QUOTE]

Please keep your cheesy vidoes to yourself.  Nothing really happens . Give me a break !
    What are you a new Hab troll trying to justify Montreal ?
    Many here said it this happens everywhere and we get the picture but these boring vidoes you're posting with nothing on them keep to yourself. 
    For the record Montreal has a history of rioting for their team.  We can go way back to when Maurice Richard got suspended back in the 50s and Montreal rioted.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stay classy Montreal : I never ever read someone as dumb as you..nothing more to say . You are so pathetic and ignorant...Please take a look around and see what's going on in your own town...you'll be disappointed..for sure...i went four times at the Garden and every time i saw fights and drunk people throwing bottles everywhere ...especially when the Bruins were losing...don't try to teach lessons to others.. it's needless , i saw enough in Boston  and I don't envy you fanbase at all.  Stop being blind ...and wake up ! 

Speak English please.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Kennedy, a few idiots at the game yes, but how about the police consteble in Montreal not attempting to find the people who jumped the B's fan because nobody reported a problem, but they will investigate a penalty in a hockey game for 9 months because it's a bruins player?  Sounds totally backwards to me that they let their fans jump people at a game, they go to the crime scene themselves during the fight, and then pretend like nothing happened.  Ridiculous.  King said it best, and it's true on the ice too, we can go with our pride because we will stand up and battle 1 on 1, dont need 4 guys to take out 1 guy, no matter what the circumstance (at a game or not).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stay classy Montreal : EAt some sh** please...Am I enough polite ?????????????
    Hard to tell one way or the other you simpleton........

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stay classy Montreal :   Speak English please.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Legion, I read in the Gazette that the cops aren't going to pursue any charges because they haven't received any complaints yet.........maybe if someone in Montreal were to call in with a complaint..........wink-wink.......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whitewings. Show Whitewings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stay classy Montreal :   Speak English please.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Speaking a language other than one's mother tongue undoubtedly broadens the mind. Think about it...narrow mind! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whitewings. Show Whitewings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stay classy Montreal : Hard to tell one way or the other you simpleton........
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE

Wonder who's simpleton here .. in fact no...i know..!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Wonder who's simpleton here .. in fact no...i know..!

Nyet.......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stay classy Montreal : Speaking a language other than one's mother tongue undoubtedly broadens the mind. Think about it...narrow mind!  

You're making your statement to the wrong person. I speak and write French, Spanish and Italian .
    You're that troll that is still upset at the Bruins winning the cup .  Now we can all understand your bitterness. 
    Go find more YouTube vidoes but I don't expect for you to stay classy.