Stay Classy Vancouver

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Stay Classy Vancouver

Gilles doesn't even inform Cory he's on the market & doesn't talk to Lu about staying in Van? Boy that's a great organization they got there! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Stay Classy Vancouver

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Gilles doesn't even inform Cory he's on the market & doesn't talk to Lu about staying in Van? Boy that's a great organization they got there! 

Not a very well run organization, thats a given.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

It's tough to say what the dynamics of the trade were, and how the timing worked out.  If Gillis was trying to work something with Carolina or Buffalo, and they didn't bite, then he didn't have much time to swing something with Lou before the clock ran out on Jersey.  Then, the Canucks have to make their way to the stage.  Wouldn't have been enough time to call both Schneider and Luongo prior to the pick. 

In all honesty, I think that in a perfect world, Gillis or Gillman would have liked to have spoken to both Scneids and Louie before it all went down, but when things are happening fast, what can you do?

That being said, while I like the Horvath pick, I think the Devils knew they had the Canucks over a barrel, and took full advantage.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

This is a recent common complaint I read a lot around here.  When did this become such a big deal?  The GM calls the guy in, tells him he's been moved and that's that.  He doesn't have to tell the player beforehand that he's on the block.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Players get informed after deals are made. I see no problem at all with the way Gillis handled it.

When did informing players that they might be traded become a common practice ? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

If Schneider thought he was untouchable he was clearly not aware that there was a goaltending issue in Vancouver...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If i'm Schnieder I'd be jumping for joy to be out of that organization and wouldn't care at all that there was no warning. What's funny is i'm reading that Loungo isn't happy he is still there. Gillis and Bobby Lou are perfect for each other both very insecure people.

Oh I love this soap opera stuff.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I get that things can happen quickly at the draft, but with all of the personnel that these teams have seems bad form to fail to get the two goalies on the horn once the trade was finalized.  May still heard it first from the podium, but their phone should have been ringing shortly after.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Players get informed after deals are made. I see no problem at all with the way Gillis handled it.

When did informing players that they might be traded become a common practice ? 

I think in this situation where the opposite occurred to the game plan. Especially Luongo should've been asked how he'd feel about staying. The deal supposedly happened on Saturday. I think that gave Gillis time to inform them.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

This is definitely not the end of the contraversey in Vancouver. Gillis has nobody but himself to blame. Last August he had a deal in place with the Leafs that involved Tyler Bozak and draft picks going to Vancouver for Luongo but turned it down cause he thought he could get more. After basically being told his time in Vancouver is done now Luongo is suppose to come back with open arms and act like nothing happened ? I know he is under contract but would not surprise me if he was a no show and the club would have to suspend him or buy him out.  During the draft, he declined interviews, said he was in shock and said he has to speak with his agent about his future.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

This is definitely not the end of the contraversey in Vancouver. Gillis has nobody but himself to blame. Last August he had a deal in place with the Leafs that involved Tyler Bozak and draft picks going to Vancouver for Luongo but turned it down cause he thought he could get more. After basically being told his time in Vancouver is done now Luongo is suppose to come back with open arms and act like nothing happened ? I know he is under contract but would not surprise me if he was a no show and the club would have to suspend him or buy him out.  During the draft, he declined interviews, said he was in shock and said he has to speak with his agent about his future.

Yup i agree.  How is this lous fault.  He has been told he was gone 2 yrs running.  I hope he plays hardball.  Tell them to cram walnuts.  Ive always been in loungos corner on this.  He handled everything like a complete pro.  Imagine how TT would have acted. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

My my, LuLu goes on record to say his contract is the problem with being traded this spring.  Yet, who offered the contract?  Who was dealing with two very good goalies?  When does Vancouver realize the Lulu signing was great, he gave Vancouver a goalie that they had been looking for since the days of King Broduer.  He is still valuable and can win a Cup with him as a goalie and with the draft pick received from Cory Schneider.  Stop the whinny posts saying the Canucks had somehow coercied into trading Schneider.  

In response to 49-North's comment:

It's tough to say what the dynamics of the trade were, and how the timing worked out.  If Gillis was trying to work something with Carolina or Buffalo, and they didn't bite, then he didn't have much time to swing something with Lou before the clock ran out on Jersey.  Then, the Canucks have to make their way to the stage.  Wouldn't have been enough time to call both Schneider and Luongo prior to the pick. 

In all honesty, I think that in a perfect world, Gillis or Gillman would have liked to have spoken to both Scneids and Louie before it all went down, but when things are happening fast, what can you do?

That being said, while I like the Horvath pick, I think the Devils knew they had the Canucks over a barrel, and took full advantage.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You say this like it's a bad thing.  That's called trading.  This reads like the Devils are bad because they "took full advantage" of the Canucks.  The Canucks put themselves in position to get Farked.  And they did.

That's what they get for giving Luongo that horrible contract. 
    Of course, they could have bought him out, but they didn't want to be on the hook for that money and they were too greedy to let him go for nothing.

So, up their's.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

You say this like it's a bad thing.  That's called trading.  This reads like the Devils are bad because they "took full advantage" of the Canucks.  The Canucks put themselves in position to get Farked.  And they did.

Of course, they could have bought him out, but they didn't want to be on the hook for that money and they were too greedy to let him go for nothing.

So, up their's.

Just hoping we dont repeat it by giving rask similar.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

So, up their's.

This. 100% this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Maybe Brodeur and Schneider can do a new version of this:

http://youtu.be/_Ap8tlQ3oZ0

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Vancouver will be fun to watch next year for sure.  The dynamic of Torts and the Sedins should be interesting enough.  And Luongo in goal will be riveting.  A tough spot for him.  If he isn't excellent, he'll hear about how the team should have kept Schneider continuously.

I'll also admit that I would like for the Bruins to use some of that Horton money to sign Mason Raymond, if the demands are reasonable.  Always liked his game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Vancouver will be fun to watch next year for sure.  The dynamic of Torts and the Sedins should be interesting enough.  And Luongo in goal will be riveting."

I am going to DVR every Canuckhead game on Center Ice, just for this reason. I cannot wait for the Tort battles with the Vancouver media.

"oh boy is this gonna be great" ~ Flounder

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"Vancouver will be fun to watch next year for sure.  The dynamic of Torts and the Sedins should be interesting enough.  And Luongo in goal will be riveting."

I am going to DVR every Canuckhead game on Center Ice, just for this reason. I cannot wait for the Tort battles with the Vancouver media.

"oh boy is this gonna be great" ~ Flounder

I'll be interested in his post-game media scrums after losses.  I'd imagine in that city when he goes all blowfish on a reporter it'll be a major story. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"No, Mike, you keep that $8M and shove it up yer tuchus because I'm mad that you decided to trade Corey and not me!!"

Does that sound like something anyone says ever?

I know Luongo often sounds like that one girl you odated i nhigh school, but a tantrum that costs hi8m millions is not in th ecards.  He has a valid contract.  He should show up to camp and prove they might the right decision, or he should report to Summer's Eve commercial casting forthwith.

Are you not entertained?!?!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

The criticism of Gillis in VanCity is overwhelming right now.  He handled the Luongo-Schneider situation as poorly as anyone could imagine, right from RL's contract, all the way to the trade with Jersey.  Couple this with a string of poor moves -- bringing in Booth & Roy have done absolutely nothing for the team, while trading away picks and prospects which could be helping this team next season.  These poorly thought out trades are the main reason why the Canucks' prospects are ranked 29th in the league.  While I certainly love the two guys they drafted in the first round, the pressure is on for this team to do something in the next two years.  Otherwise, Gillis is gone.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The criticism of Gillis in VanCity is overwhelming right now.  He handled the Luongo-Schneider situation as poorly as anyone could imagine, right from RL's contract, all the way to the trade with Jersey.  Couple this with a string of poor moves -- bringing in Booth & Roy have done absolutely nothing for the team, while trading away picks and prospects which could be helping this team next season.  These poorly thought out trades are the main reason why the Canucks' prospects are ranked 29th in the league.  While I certainly love the two guys they drafted in the first round, the pressure is on for this team to do something in the next two years.  Otherwise, Gillis is gone.  

49.  Not to bash you but remember our conversation.  I said they essentially were a one line team with no secondary scoring, soft def and questionable makeup.  The window for the canucks is closing quickly.  Torts going there could be fatal

If van were smart they would look at dealing gazoo twins or kelser.  Some terrible deals and trades.   They should be front and center on clarkson n clowe.  Problem is their cap stinks.  

Great thing about hockey is that everyone starts the same in october.  

Cheers. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

49.  Not to bash you but remember our conversation.  I said they essentially were a one line team with no secondary scoring, soft def and questionable makeup.  The window for the canucks is closing quickly.  Torts going there could be fatal

If van were smart they would look at dealing gazoo twins or kelser.  Some terrible deals and trades.   They should be front and center on clarkson n clowe.  Problem is their cap stinks.  

Great thing about hockey is that everyone starts the same in october.  

Cheers. 

So you're advocating a "blow up and rebuild" scenario -- one that I don't think Gillis will embrace at this point in time.  The only way your plan happens is if ownership cans Gillis ang brings in someone else (assuming the Aquilinis support the blow up plan), who will implement it.

Yes, the cap stinks, but it will be improved by the Ballard buy-out, and if they can move Booth.  Those two alone clear up $8.45m in space.  Plus, they won't be carrying $9.3m in goalie salaries this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

So you're advocating a "blow up and rebuild" scenario -- one that I don't think Gillis will embrace at this point in time.  The only way your plan happens is if ownership cans Gillis ang brings in someone else (assuming the Aquilinis support the blow up plan), who will implement it.

Yes, the cap stinks, but it will be improved by the Ballard buy-out, and if they can move Booth.  Those two alone clear up $8.45m in space.  Plus, they won't be carrying $9.3m in goalie salaries this year.

[/QUOTE]

Question is 49 is how many decent players will want to come to the "2nd biggest NHL circus behind the Coyote's?"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

"No, Mike, you keep that $8M and shove it up yer tuchus because I'm mad that you decided to trade Corey and not me!!"

Does that sound like something anyone says ever?

I know Luongo often sounds like that one girl you odated i nhigh school, but a tantrum that costs hi8m millions is not in th ecards.  He has a valid contract.  He should show up to camp and prove they might the right decision, or he should report to Summer's Eve commercial casting forthwith.

Are you not entertained?!?!

Umm Book?? I don't think it's that clear of a black & white situation in this situation. 

Sections
Shortcuts