Stay Classy Vancouver

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Stay Classy Vancouver

In response to 49-North's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The criticism of Gillis in VanCity is overwhelming right now.  He handled the Luongo-Schneider situation as poorly as anyone could imagine, right from RL's contract, all the way to the trade with Jersey.  Couple this with a string of poor moves -- bringing in Booth & Roy have done absolutely nothing for the team, while trading away picks and prospects which could be helping this team next season.  These poorly thought out trades are the main reason why the Canucks' prospects are ranked 29th in the league.  While I certainly love the two guys they drafted in the first round, the pressure is on for this team to do something in the next two years.  Otherwise, Gillis is gone.  

49.  Not to bash you but remember our conversation.  I said they essentially were a one line team with no secondary scoring, soft def and questionable makeup.  The window for the canucks is closing quickly.  Torts going there could be fatal

If van were smart they would look at dealing gazoo twins or kelser.  Some terrible deals and trades.   They should be front and center on clarkson n clowe.  Problem is their cap stinks.  

Great thing about hockey is that everyone starts the same in october.  

Cheers. 

[/QUOTE]

So you're advocating a "blow up and rebuild" scenario -- one that I don't think Gillis will embrace at this point in time.  The only way your plan happens is if ownership cans Gillis ang brings in someone else (assuming the Aquilinis support the blow up plan), who will implement it.

Yes, the cap stinks, but it will be improved by the Ballard buy-out, and if they can move Booth.  Those two alone clear up $8.45m in space.  Plus, they won't be carrying $9.3m in goalie salaries this year.

[/QUOTE]

What makes you think they're buying Ballard out? He was just put on (non buyout) waivers. As i said on another thread, Aquilini evidently doesn't like throwing his money around on nothing, ala Ed Snider.Too bad as Leaky Lu would be gone and the Nucks would still have Schneider and cap space.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

i think their team makeup is brutal.  If they could get a clarkson and clowe i think it adds huge character to that group.   If the gazoos are kept they should consider kelser.   They simply arent getting better.  In fact they are worse then they were a year ago when i said they would be terrible.  they need some major tweeks.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

they made a royal mess of the luongo situation, this, plus the canucks are over-loaded with a lot of no trade contracts. gillis hands them out like candy. throw a spanner in the works like torts and grab yer' popcorn, its going to be a fun year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Onthe405's comment:

they made a royal mess of the luongo situation, this, plus the canucks are over-loaded with a lot of no trade contracts. gillis hands them out like candy. throw a spanner in the works like torts and grab yer' popcorn, its going to be a fun year.

Hands them out like Chiarelli candy...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The criticism of Gillis in VanCity is overwhelming right now.  He handled the Luongo-Schneider situation as poorly as anyone could imagine, right from RL's contract, all the way to the trade with Jersey.  Couple this with a string of poor moves -- bringing in Booth & Roy have done absolutely nothing for the team, while trading away picks and prospects which could be helping this team next season.  These poorly thought out trades are the main reason why the Canucks' prospects are ranked 29th in the league.  While I certainly love the two guys they drafted in the first round, the pressure is on for this team to do something in the next two years.  Otherwise, Gillis is gone.  

49.  Not to bash you but remember our conversation.  I said they essentially were a one line team with no secondary scoring, soft def and questionable makeup.  The window for the canucks is closing quickly.  Torts going there could be fatal

If van were smart they would look at dealing gazoo twins or kelser.  Some terrible deals and trades.   They should be front and center on clarkson n clowe.  Problem is their cap stinks.  

Great thing about hockey is that everyone starts the same in october.  

Cheers. 

[/QUOTE]

So you're advocating a "blow up and rebuild" scenario -- one that I don't think Gillis will embrace at this point in time.  The only way your plan happens is if ownership cans Gillis ang brings in someone else (assuming the Aquilinis support the blow up plan), who will implement it.

Yes, the cap stinks, but it will be improved by the Ballard buy-out, and if they can move Booth.  Those two alone clear up $8.45m in space.  Plus, they won't be carrying $9.3m in goalie salaries this year.

[/QUOTE]

What makes you think they're buying Ballard out? He was just put on (non buyout) waivers. As i said on another thread, Aquilini evidently doesn't like throwing his money around on nothing, ala Ed Snider.Too bad as Leaky Lu would be gone and the Nucks would still have Schneider and cap space.

[/QUOTE]

So Ballard has now been placed on unconditional (buyout) waivers.