Step Up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Step Up

In response to MeanE's comment:

In response to huntbri's comment:

[QUOTE]

It looks like Horton will miss at least a game so we will see who comes in and what they add to the mix.  I do agree however if Horton was not going to be out that I would make at least one change to the mix in the bottom 6 to give someone else a shot.

Look how Krug invigorated the Bruins when he first game in.  Bartkowski played pretty well also and Hamilton was pretty solid too.  Look what Seguin did when he first came into the line-up in the 2011 playoffs.  Sometimes guys who come in bring a fresh edge that leads to results.  It doesn't always mean that someone is playing really poorly.  Sometimes you just need some new blood for a game or two.  Remember Thornton sat out a few games in 2011 and then when he came back in game 3 of the Finals he was a key for invigorating the Bruins game.

With the injuries Boston has now it may all be a moot point because they do not have a lot of additional bodies to play with.

Please stop.  None of what you say makes any sense.  You know nothing about hockey.  Your just a complainer.  LOL  You continue to make very valid points while others simply name call.

[/QUOTE]

No that belongs to you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Pandolfo=NO!

Triple OT loss, get over it & get ready for Saturday. Go B'ssss!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I wouldn't mind a minor shake-up, as Kelly has been very ineffective. If Horton is good to go and Seguin can remain on the 3rd line, I think they have to roll 3 lines, with the 4th just to eat minutes. Without Campbell, the fourth line is ineffective. Slide Paille up to play with Peverley and Seguin. Peverley has been playing decent, but has been held back all year by Kelly and throw-ins like Bourque. That line would have an awful lot of speed, and I'd expect that they'd be able to create some offense.

2 years ago, the 3rd line was HUGE. I'd venture to guess that between Kelly, Peverley and Ryder, they probably had almost 20 goals (8 or 9 from Ryder, 5 from Kelly, 5-7 for Peverley). They were a legitimate threat? Now? All they do is eat minutes. The 4th line was outproducing them before Campbell went down (and it wasn't even close).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Thought Kelly had a very good bounce back game and obviously a huge goal.  Can we put the Pandolfo talk to bed?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Thought Kelly had a very good bounce back game and obviously a huge goal.  Can we put the Pandolfo talk to bed?

It definitely appears that Claude pulled the right strings and now has what looks like a good 3rd line.  Let's hope they can continue to follow up that game 2 performance for the remainder of the finals.  I still wouldn't mind seeing some tinkering on the 4th for all of the same reasons discussed earlier.  Claude & others reiterated the things that huntbri, myself and others were saying regarding the 3rd & 4th lines needing to step up.  But we were just complainers. LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

It definitely appears that Claude pulled the right strings and now has what looks like a good 3rd line.  Let's hope they can continue to follow up that game 2 performance for the remainder of the finals.  I still wouldn't mind seeing some tinkering on the 4th for all of the same reasons discussed earlier.  Claude & others reiterated the things that huntbri, myself and others were saying regarding the 3rd & 4th lines needing to step up.  But we were just complainers. LOL

[/QUOTE]

C'mon Mean, everybody here agreed that the 3rd line needed to 'step up', but we disagreed on how to get it done.  I'm not trying to stick it to you or huntbri at all, because this could've gone either way, but I believe that Julien's strategy was the opposite of what you guys were calling for.  He did not shake things up with the roster.  He did what he usally does -- stuck with the patient consistent approach in relying on his veterans to pull out of their problems on their own.  This time, it worked.

Aside from injury, they should stick with the lineup for the series.  Mixing some line combos is fine, but the roster should be set.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

C'mon Mean, everybody here agreed that the 3rd line needed to 'step up', but we disagreed on how to get it done.  I'm not trying to stick it to you or huntbri at all, because this could've gone either way, but I believe that Julien's strategy was the opposite of what you guys were calling for.  He did not shake things up with the roster.  He did what he usally does -- stuck with the patient consistent approach in relying on his veterans to pull out of their problems on their own.  This time, it worked.

Aside from injury, they should stick with the lineup for the series.  Mixing some line combos is fine, but the roster should be set.

[/QUOTE]

Fletch - I don't believe that many here were in agreement about the 3rd line.  People like NOB were jsut calling us complainers and whiners and that they are winning, nothing has to be done.  Obviously Claude and others were very concerned about how the bottom six were being dominated in Game 1.  If the change in lines didn't work in Game 2, what would have been next?

I guess the question becomes , are OK with 4th line guys like ST & Daug getting 4:58 & 8:28 worth of ice time?  Peverly getting 12:25 because he is on the PK.  Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if every game goes to OT with how evenly matched these two teams are.  Maybe they dress a 7th d man (Bartkowski) instead of #22 to help manage the back end's minutes.  Or do you leave it alone and hope that the added minutes for the top 6 forwards and the top 4 D-man are only needed for 3 more games, and they can handle it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fletch - I don't believe that many here were in agreement about the 3rd line.  People like NOB were jsut calling us complainers and whiners and that they are winning, nothing has to be done.  Obviously Claude and others were very concerned about how the bottom six were being dominated in Game 1.  If the change in lines didn't work in Game 2, what would have been next?

I guess the question becomes , are OK with 4th line guys like ST & Daug getting 4:58 & 8:28 worth of ice time?  Peverly getting 12:25 because he is on the PK.  Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if every game goes to OT with how evenly matched these two teams are.  Maybe they dress a 7th d man (Bartkowski) instead of #22 to help manage the back end's minutes.  Or do you leave it alone and hope that the added minutes for the top 6 forwards and the top 4 D-man are only needed for 3 more games, and they can handle it?

[/QUOTE]

Because you are! That's all you've done all season. I and everone else on here have read your continueous whining no matter what the B's do. To try and say to put Pandolpho in the lineup against a speed team like Chicago & not expect any backlash is a little over the top.  Why don't you admit that?  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Because you are! That's all you've done all season. I and everone else on here have read your continueous whining no matter what the B's do. To try and say to put Pandolpho in the lineup against a speed team like Chicago & not expect any backlash is a little over the top.  Why don't you admit that?  

All I've done all season?  I think not you pole smoker.  It's not about backlash, I encourage discussion, I encourage intelligent discourse, except when it comes to dealing with you!  You consistently bring nothing but snit talk to the table.  Do I really want Pandawful in this series, absolutely not.  However, my point was that something needed to be done to mix up the 3rd & 4th lines with the absense of Campbell adn Kelly's terrible play.  Claude Julien found the answer for one line for 3 periods in game 2.  IMO, now line 4 needs addressing.  Can they win the cup with #22, #49, and #16 getting very little playing time?  The answer is YES, especially if line 3 plays the way they did in game 2.  Am I comfortable with that, not so much.  Would I like to see someone else get a shot at impacting the finals.  Yes I would.  Am I whining to see it happen, absolutely not!  IF Claude is going to use #22 as a cheerleader on the bench, couldn't Bartkowski instead help the the D corp that has logged many minutes?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

All I've done all season?  I think not you pole smoker.  It's not about backlash, I encourage discussion, I encourage intelligent discourse, except when it comes to dealing with you!  You consistently bring nothing but snit talk to the table.  Do I really want Pandawful in this series, absolutely not.  However, my point was that something needed to be done to mix up the 3rd & 4th lines with the absense of Campbell adn Kelly's terrible play.  Claude Julien found the answer for one line for 3 periods in game 2.  IMO, now line 4 needs addressing.  Can they win the cup with #22, #49, and #16 getting very little playing time?  The answer is YES, especially if line 3 plays the way they did in game 2.  Am I comfortable with that, not so much.  Would I like to see someone else get a shot at impacting the finals.  Yes I would.  Am I whining to see it happen, absolutely not!  IF Claude is going to use #22 as a cheerleader on the bench, couldn't Bartkowski instead help the the D corp that has logged many minutes?

[/QUOTE]

Wanna take a vote on this? I bet someone here can pick out numerous times where you have. 

And I am straighter than the pole that your mom danced on in front of me last nite!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Wanna take a vote on this? I bet someone here can pick out numerous times where you have. 

And I am straighter than the pole that your mom danced on in front of me last nite!

[/QUOTE]

If you need to take a vote, so be it.  While you are at it, why don't you have a vote for how many times you were off your meds or even on your meds and talk nothing but trash, bringing nothing intelligent to the table.

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts