Steve Downey just traded to Colorado...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

Steve Downey just traded to Colorado...

Would you have taken a flyer on him? Two pests/balls of hate?...not quite as hockey talented as our LBOH but certainly would have helped out right now on the third line, maybe even up to the first line....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Steve Downey just traded to Colorado...

I was looking at his contract and numbers not even 30 minutes ago - I'd rather have tried for Purcell. Though Quincey would not have been a bad pickup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Interesting. Downie for Kyle Quincey. Quincey to the Wings for a 1st rounder.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=388459

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i guess Peter is not making music with his other GMs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

a 1st for Quincey?  I thought he was struggling lately in Colorado.  Would think a 2nd would get him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I wonder if we'll see more trades of this nature: a shuffling of assets between similarly situationed teams before the more conventional asset-for-picks/prospects trade.  It suggests that there are a lot of mis-matches in desires between potential trade partners out there.
    Pretty much impossible to foresee trades of this nature.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Steve Downey just traded to Colorado...:
    [QUOTE]I was looking at his contract and numbers not even 30 minutes ago - I'd rather have tried for Purcell. Though Quincey would not have been a bad pickup.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I suspect Purcell is part of their plan going forward. Avs always sneak in and get the right player, we really could have used a Downie type here. 1st rounder with the other player involved seems a little steep though. Fletch, your thoughts?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

Quincey and Downie would have plugged holes here nicely...possibly with our first rounder and a couple of bodies/prospects?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

I think Colorado filled a need. Downie adds a bit of grit and has at least some goal scoring abiliity. Don't know much about Quincey but Tampa Bay sure seems to be retooling. They've been such a let down given the year they just had.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Steve Downey just traded to Colorado...:
    [QUOTE]a 1st for Quincey?  I thought he was struggling lately in Colorado.  Would think a 2nd would get him.
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

A Detroit first round pick is basically a second round pick...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Too bad we couldn't have gotten into this deal in the Wings position. Quincey would be a great fit in Boston if Joe Poorvos slot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think a 1st round pick is way too much for Quincey.  I don't like his game.  Big shot, but pretty lousy in his own end.  Totally expendable for Colorado.

I say Colorado wins (they need a guy like Downie) and Tampa wins (1st round pick), but Detroit loses.  Detroit already had one go-round with Quincey and I thought he wore out his welcome.  I'm sure he'll be a small cog on that team though, so maybe he'll help.

If it takes a 1st round pick to get Quincey, then I am feeling better and better about the Bruins standing pat.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

What about Ott in Dallas? I am asking not saying? But intriguing none the less. He is gritty enough and could play with Lucic and Krejci. He is a left wing but maybe able to play right.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Jack Edwards loves "Brave" Steve Ott.  We already have Pouliot, Lucic, Marchand, and the big "boo" Chara.  While we're at it, we should also get Subban, Burrows, and Raffi Torres.  I like it...the most hated team ever. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

A couple interesting stats on Downie on hockey analysis.  Generally I am not a stat guy, but Downie is like Lucic, he does affect the play of other players.  Now how many Lucics can a team have, well that is the question.  Good move for Colorado.  

Sections
Shortcuts