Steven Kampfer!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Re: Steven Kampfer!!

Like.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Not sure when Stuart gets back if they have enough cap space to keep an extra defense .  It'll be a grind from here on for the second half and carrying an xtra D would be nice.
    Both McQuaid and Kampfer ,  while very different players,  have been very good and deserve to stay.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

His 4 goals is an added bonus. No Leaf D has more than 1 goal but Schen with 2 and SK has been here what, a month? and he has 4 already...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

The Kid rocks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Kampfer seems to be a Rafalski , J.M.Liles cross. Whatever he is he deserves to stay. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Love the physical play of McQuaid, but Kampfer has added some offense to our blue line... he's another threat that teams need to respect.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

The desired PMD perhaps?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Another under the radar move by Chiarelli for bookboys favorite a "college defenseman". Boychuk, McQuaid, Kampfer and in the future Bartkowski ?...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Steven Kampfer!!:
    [QUOTE]Another under the radar move by Chiarelli for bookboys favorite a "college defenseman". Boychuk, McQuaid, Kampfer and in the future Bartkowski ?...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    I especially enjoyed the hit on Hartnell.....he made a couple little boo-boos early in the game....but there is no way this kid goes back to Providence.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I can't remember who - but someone on this board kept talking Kampfer up before I even knew who he was. I like this kid so far.I saw him skate up the ice in the Pittsburg game and take a shot on net and I was like"who does this kid think he is?! The confidence floored me when everyone else was looking nervous or out of sinc.
    Posted by Chef09[/QUOTE]
    Very smooth skater, with some nice speed...and not afraid to use it!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

As much as I like Ference. I would make him the odd man out. He plasy hard all the time but Got to go with the younger players for the future. We can get something good in return. Some teams out there are in need of D-men. Mcquaid has done very well for him self to be demoted to the bench. Do we trade Stuart??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

A lot of people like to bash PC, but just look at some of the great pickups on defense he has made for basically bags of pucks in return...

Kampfer for a conditional 4th round pick.

Boychuck straight up for Matt Hendricks.

Mcquaid for a 5th round pick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Just noticed an interesting stat with Kampfer, he only had 7 goals in 147 games in college, and just 3 goals in 45 games his senior year.  He already has 4 goals in 17 games in the NHL just one year removed from college.  Wow!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

I believe Ference got hurt tonight, I don't know if it was serious, I haven't read the post game stuff yet, but maybe he goes to LTIR, and Stuart returns?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I remember seeing Kampfer last season in Providence.  I loved his game.  But, after seeing Bartkowski this past preseason, I think he will actually be the better of the two puck movers for the B's.  And I can't wait for Alexandrov to develop.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Kampfer stays what a goal last night. I love his speed and passing. This is just what the Bruins need. SEE PEOPLE I"VE BEEN SAYING YEAR WE NEEDED A PUCK MOVING DMAN.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

this kid is good, he has good hockey sense jumps up into the play at the right time stays back when he should and moves the puck very well, he needs to stay.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Not only excellent in skating and jumping in the rush, the kid has a good defensive game. I haven't seen him get checked hard not be bullied in his own end much because unlike Hunwick he makes quick decisions once he has the puck. 

I need to him do the same thing next season but for now he has been a great supplement to the loss of wideman and hunwick

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I remember seeing Kampfer last season in Providence.  I loved his game.  But, after seeing Bartkowski this past preseason, I think he will actually be the better of the two puck movers for the B's.  And I can't wait for Alexandrov to develop.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    The future of Boston's blue line is far brighter than most people suspected coming into the seaon.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

i agree trade Ference.  Frees up cap space and allows flexibility for additional youth.  Injury and mistake prone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Ive been a big fan of him sense they brought him up. Wheres Roller? lol I want to hear how Kampfer is still the 7th dman.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

can anyone say..puck moving defenseman... this kid is proving himself every nite, what a competitor!  remember his 1st shift? this kid brought it in his first shift as a bruin-monster hit then a shot on goal. he has a nose for the goal, and carries the puck into the offensive zone like a vet. let's hope he has a long-fruitful career in beantown.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Put me on the Kamper love train, too. Cannot really add more to the glowing praise that can be read in every post above mine.

One thing, though, was that I liked how he responded to some early adversity in this game. In the first half of the game he made a couple of bad plays, tried to force the rush, and got caught out of position by smart Philly forwards. He battled through it, though, and had a pretty good game overall, especially in the second half. Glad to see he didn't lose his confidence and fall apart.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

Loved his play to far.  Still need more games to assess his long term abilities, but he's play with some heart and poise as well.  Great hit last night.  When was the last time some B's Dman stepped up and hit someone on the blue line?

Sections
Shortcuts