Steven Kampfer!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Re: Steven Kampfer!!

TOTAL PACKAGE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

ILH-
    nice..

No kampfer has made far less mistakes lately, last nights game is tough to judge though.. There was no defense was there?

I also would stand by the idea that the team has the cap space to carry 7 d men (stuart is on IR, not LTIR correct?) so his cap hit still counts.. were carrying 7 right now in other words..

It still doesnt change that I would caution moving anyone to keep a kid who has proven so little, he still hasn't looked any better then hunwick did his first season, and he has the benefit of being paired with chara which helps..

But lets look at the trends..

keep hunwick trade player X
    keep boychuk, trade ference, trade stuart..
    Sedienbergs going to score 20 goals, trade everone...

Its not abnormal for fans to want every player to be a great breakout player when they have a good start, I am a lot more level and tempered then that..People see a 22 year old kid getting it done and assume he will only improve, far more often teams figure him out and he doesnt..

Kampfer has certainly added to the offense, and the mistakes have been cleaning up great, but I wouldnt rid the team of stuart to keep him.. The bruins have some stat that they play better with ference in the line up, so why trade him?

By the way why does moving $2m really clear up cap space if you have to replace a guy.. People talk like ference makes 4m a season...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Ference is not going anywhere.  +18, plays solid D - and gets better the closer he is to the net.  The only thing he doesn't do is score.  That's the biggest reason people knock him but look around the league.  There are plenty of D-men that teams wouldn't give up that only get 10 pts a year.

Kampfer is impressive.  He's a little over zealous at times but he should eventually develop a better sense of when to take it on a break-out or just give the outlet to the forwards.

McQuaid is the odd-man out when Stuart gets back.  He's effective but that's the way the puck rolls...

Also - It's interesting to see everyone's comments so bright and cheery about this kid now.  A month ago, when Hunwick was traded, it was doom-and-gloom that we lost our only "puck moving defenseman" ... "Chia" should be fired, etc.  Perhaps the Bs management and scouting have some clue as to what they're doing, after all.  Patience, people...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Lol Roller, I felt like after the GWG I had to give you a bit "na na naa na na na"

The bruins again find themselves witha  good problem to have similar to the goaltending. Not a single defenseman is playing themselves out of the line up McQuaid has been real good, Siedes+ference solid, Kampfer 2nd to chara in D scoring in the fewest games played of any defenseman.

Marc Stuart teh Bonafide #5 tough as nails dman isnt even in the lineup. Cohen, Bartkowski, Alexandrov in the wings... Who goes to make room for stuart. IMO Put stuart on the Shelf till one of the dman either gets hurt or commits a fopah great enough to warrant a benching and bring in Stuey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Buzz,
    I was with you right till the end, people were clamoring to move hunwick since halfway through last season.. We get 1-2 hot young prospects every year and all these other players become expendable because based on a few games this kid looks good and he cost less..

People are all over savard, cause hes not the normal savard, but most of us know he will eventually get there, and yet we were going to move him, or another player in the off season to make room for seguin..

Seguin was all over the ice last night, litterally.. He looked like a kid, playing a junior game, trying to avoid contact.. I don't know that there is currently any roster player whose spot he would deserve..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

RH,

I recall a lot of moaning and groaning by some that Chiarelli was a bum, etc... maybe it was complaining for complaining's sake but there was that element.  "Hunny" definitely had his fair share of supporters.  Probably because he was the new kid and their expectations were overreaching - but they were there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Buzz,
    not sure i remember them this year, but i will take your word, and pc's a bum on this board regardless.. I mean can you believe he resigned thomas?? Idiot....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Steven Kampfer!!:
    [QUOTE]Buzz, not sure i remember them this year, but i will take your word, and pc's a bum on this board regardless.. I mean can you believe he resigned thomas?? Idiot....
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

PC is kind of wierd you have to admit. For every good move like Thomas, Kampfer, Campbell there have been strange ones like Julien and Ryder. But of course there are plenty of delusional fans who think that Kessel has scored 40g allready in TO and CHIA is ruining the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Kamfer is adding capability to the Bruins. McQuaid is playing steadily; Ference is having his best year ;Stuart is a solid D; Seiden berg has good games and Bad, and is noticeably more consistent when paired with Kamfer due to their speed and instincts; that leaves Chara and Boychuck. Chara has good capabilities that offset his gaffs like the giveaway that ended up with Zherdev[ we don't want to talk about that do we?] That leaves Boychuck as trade bait. Even Claude stated that Kamfer and Bartkowski were equal in training camp, and Bartkowski showed he can play in his call-up. So, trade Boychuck and kep Bartkowski in the string.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Lol Roller, I felt like after the GWG I had to give you a bit "na na naa na na na" The bruins again find themselves witha  good problem to have similar to the goaltending. Not a single defenseman is playing themselves out of the line up McQuaid has been real good, Siedes+ference solid, Kampfer 2nd to chara in D scoring in the fewest games played of any defenseman. Marc Stuart teh Bonafide #5 tough as nails dman isnt even in the lineup. Cohen, Bartkowski, Alexandrov in the wings... Who goes to make room for stuart. IMO Put stuart on the Shelf till one of the dman either gets hurt or commits a fopah great enough to warrant a benching and bring in Stuey.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    People going on about no Pronger in the Flyer lineup but,like you said,we had no Stuart(or Lucic).this Bruins team should only get better as the year progresses.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Ference is not going anywhere.  +18, plays solid D - and gets better the closer he is to the net.  The only thing he doesn't do is score.  That's the biggest reason people knock him but look around the league.  There are plenty of D-men that teams wouldn't give up that only get 10 pts a year. Kampfer is impressive.  He's a little over zealous at times but he should eventually develop a better sense of when to take it on a break-out or just give the outlet to the forwards. McQuaid is the odd-man out when Stuart gets back.  He's effective but that's the way the puck rolls... Also - It's interesting to see everyone's comments so bright and cheery about this kid now.  A month ago, when Hunwick was traded, it was doom-and-gloom that we lost our only "puck moving defenseman" ... "Chia" should be fired, etc.  Perhaps the Bs management and scouting have some clue as to what they're doing, after all.  Patience, people...
    Posted by BuzzardBoots[/QUOTE]

Agree with this 100%.  Why get rid of Ference ?
    This guy is +18 and sticks up got any Bruin (remember Thrashers) . Sure he makes some mistakes but so do any D that plays 20+ minutes.

Drcc,  do the Bruins have enough cap space to keep McQuaid-Kampfer when Stuart returns ?  Keeping an extra D could be useful and as from now till season end will be a rough grind and there's bound to be bumps and bruises.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nesn.com/2011/01/andrew-ference-suffers-undisclosed-injury-during-bruins-thrilling-win-over-flyers.html

Looks like Ference might be out for Saturday so Bartkowski will probably get another start while Stuart isn't quite ready yet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

Kampfer is not going anywhere. He's shown exactly what even a little bit of skating and play making ability from the defense can add to a team and there's not a single other D-Man on the Bruins current roster who brings those skill sets to the table.

The cap is problem when Stuart comes off IR.  Ferrence has been okay not great but he ain't sitting when healthy. Although his annual lengthy stint of the lineup due to injury is sure to be coming so this issue may solve itself.

McQuaid is what he is.  A stay at home type with limited skating and offensive upside. However his play in his own end has been solid. I'm guessin he sticks when Stuart comes back.

Boychuck seems to be the odd man out right now.  He'll sit or get sent down. As much as I loved his game last year he's just not the same player this year. His biggest asset is his shot from the point and he can't hit a barn this year. He's an average skater at best (and that's a stretch) and he's not overly physical.  So if he's not getting that shot through he's not really contributing that much. He looks like he is playing real tentative out there.  He could be nursing an injury. Who knows.

The Bruins still need more mobility on the Blue Line and Bartowski looks like he needs a lot more seasoning at the AHL level before being a regular Bruins contributor.  I belive a move is coming where you see a Stuart-Boychuck or one of our D-Prospects (Bartkowski, Cross, Button, etc..) get moved along with a pick (maybe the 2nd we picked up from Minnesota in the Kobasew deal) for a more legit PMD tha can be paird with Chara.

Chara - New PMD guy acuquired in trade
    Seidenberg - Kampfer
    Ferrence - Mcquaid/Boychuk.

Not bad assuming we can get a legit 2-3 type PMD to play with Chara in the trade. Forget about the Yandle's or Weber's though.  Not going to happen. The price is too high.  Plus again we don't absolutely need a stud. Just someone who can play a solid enough D-Game but one that can bring the same kind of offense and skating as Kampfer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

To add a little probability, why not package either Ryder or Wheeler with Boychuck for an AAron Ward type who can play with Chara. Any of you know who it might be ? Would Bielski or Rehger[ sp.] fit that bill ? Do their teams need a Wheelr/Ryder type? Would the oft used St. Louis road be open to this perspective, since they seem to have an abundance of defense and are hurting up front. Kamfer should stay, Claude seems Ok with Bartkowski as a call-up/back-up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

It's great to see the Bruins continuing the recent trend of putting Michigan defensemen into their lineup... and older Aaron Ward, then Hunwick, now Kampfer...

Trade for Jack Johnson!  jk...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to[QUOTE]The future of Boston's blue line is far brighter than most people suspected coming into the seaon.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Just curious, are you talking about this season or next season and beyond?  Because, we can talk about the anemic offensive production from the backend, the shot totals, the Shara give away for a goal or Thomas's bacon saving performance's through most of this season any time you'd like.  I suspect we should have that conversation.

Just to bring people up to speed on this Ruchi comment.  I posted during the preseason that I agreed with the boys over at The Hockey News that our blueline was a big question mark for this season.  I also said that Kampfer would be wearing the spoked B sooner, rather than later, and that Bartkowski was a great acquisition and even defended him when some posters said he didn't have the pedigree to justify trading picks.

Ruchi, you had to be a defensemen back in the day, because your a terrible sniper.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Good article on NEHJ - Steven Kampfer: Anatomy of a successful deadline deal

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/2011/01/14_steven_kampfer_anatomy_of.php

This looks like an incredible steal by PC, for a 4th round pick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Good article. I wonder if Anaheim gave up on Kampfer due to the injury he sustained. Its really puzzling to me how any prospect with Kampfer's potential would be given up so easily by an organization. Same goes for Mcquaid

Maybe overload of prospects in a certain position also is the answer

Anyhow Kampfer thus far looks like a major steal. Anaheim must be kicking themselves in the head for now and may think alot harder before making a trade with PC.  Still need to see him do what he is doing now for the rest of this season plus all of next year. That way we know he is truly legit and not turn out like hunwick

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Just curious, are you talking about this season or next season and beyond?  Because, we can talk about the anemic offensive production from the backend, the shot totals, the Shara give away for a goal or Thomas's bacon saving performance's through most of this season any time you'd like.  I suspect we should have that conversation. Just to bring people up to speed on this Ruchi comment.  I posted during the preseason that I agreed with the boys over at The Hockey News that our blueline was a big question mark for this season.  I also said that Kampfer would be wearing the spoked B sooner, rather than later, and that Bartkowski was a great acquisition and even defended him when some posters said he didn't have the pedigree to justify trading picks. Ruchi, you had to be a defensemen back in the day, because your a terrible sniper.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    What exactly are you going on about?First off,I've no idea what preseason chat you're talking about .Secondly,Boston's defence hasn't been a question mark.They've been able to plug  Kampfer in to replace Hunwick and McQuaid has picked up the slack after Stuart was hurt.Seems to me the D hasn't missed a beat while staying 1st in team defence again this year.What's the big question.......how they keep doing it?I'm too tired right now to get into the many ways that Boston's defence is great so just get back to me and let me know what in the world you're talking about.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Well, clearly i thought u were refering to my post about The Hockey News guy's and their skepticism about our blueline.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntersmama72. Show huntersmama72's posts

AGREED!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Well, clearly i thought u were refering to my post about The Hockey News guy's and their skepticism about our blueline.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    Sorry ,I was just confused as to what you were getting at.Good call on Kampfer.I guess  we can agree the blueline has played well.