steven kampfer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

steven kampfer

Took me by surprize to see this defenceman called up. Has anyone on these boards seen him play lately ? Futures says he's not big but fast and with a good shot. Would love to hear some talk on this d man ....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: steven kamper

In Response to steven kamper:
    [QUOTE]    Took me by surprize to see this defenceman called up. Has anyone on these boards seen him play lately ? Futures says he's not big but fast and with a good shot. Would love to hear some talk on this d man ....
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

I caught a game a couple of weeks ago...he was the best player on the ice that night, although he had to be carried off with an injury to his leg. He just seemed a step ahead of the play, always in the right spot, and excellent decisions...not spectacular - but solid, dependable and poised with the puck. I would expect good positioning, smart decisions and natural instincts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Re: steven kampfer

Thanks Wensink....I've being looking at the papers trying to find out who the Bruins were going to replace Stuart with and this guy Kampfer is the only call up I can find.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Second in points on the PBruins and +10 on a team largely filled out by minus players.   Let's hope his play translates to the NHL level.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

He sounds a lot like Matt Hunwick and I don't mean to be a downer.  It just sounds like they play a very similar game and have a similar skill set.

Hopefully Kampfer becomes the spleen-in Hunwick, not the spleen-out...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I haven't seen Kampfer play like some of you guys have in Providence, but reading hockeyfutures, sounds a lot like what you guys have described, which is a Hunwick type player. I believe Hunwick will play a long time in the NHL and there will always be a team looking for his type. He's still very young with lot's of growth still to come. I hope the same for Kampfer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Good luck to this kid in his first game as a Bruin!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

They say the best sign that you played a good game as a rookie on D is that you go unnoticed.  For Kampfer mission accomplished.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

13:50 TOI Me thinks he played well and Julien's suggested Steve watch Hunwick game film so he watched what not to do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Had a very good first game.  Will be interesting to see how he does against Philly a team that will bring more pressure.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

He played a great first game; especialy his first shift. Very good hit, and brings the puck behind the opp. net. He actualy skated the puck another time in the other team's zone; behind the net....

Could he be the PMD in training that the Bruins need??
    I thought he never looked out of position at any time when he was on the ice..
    GJ Kampfer!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: steven kampfer:
    [QUOTE]They say the best sign that you played a good game as a rookie on D is that you go unnoticed.  For Kampfer mission accomplished.
    Posted by TuukkainNet[/QUOTE]
    Overall I thought the kid played a pretty solid 1st game, true he went unnoticed as far as making any glaring mistakes, but he delivered a couple of nice hits, and looked poised with the puck. I guess we now know why Hunwick was expendable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

The guy probably thought he had been demoted to the ECHL, when he saw the Islander roster.
    A real test will be Saturday.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Kamfer played well, showed speed, good passes and no glaring mistakes. Cannot say the same for the rest of the team, Recchi made mistakes all nite long to add to the usual gaffs by Wheeler, Ference, plus Savvy was not at his best, but is still getting his legs. Once again we had an exhibition bout from Thornton and Gillies. Guess they both needed to earn their paycheck as exhibitionists, not hockey players. Mcquaid's fight was an honest hockey result. Horton and Seguin were in and out while Bergeron, Campbell Marchand, Kreji and Lucic tried to cover all the other mistakes. This team needs a coach that makes them play, and someone to set up a better PP.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Best word to describe kampfer is swift imo. Decision making is quick and efficient. (maybe a little risky)

Looked really good last night paired with Seidenberg and on numerous occasions did a great job to keep the puck on the offensive end and shoot at the net. (good looking shot unlike hunwicks)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Looked good to me. I can't watch Ference and Stuart anymore. They have zero skill. They should both be making $500k. If they were I wouldn't be so critical of them. $2M Dmen should have some kind of game....McQuaid is as good as they are

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: steven kampfer:
    [QUOTE]Best word to describe kampfer is swift imo. Decision making is quick and efficient. (maybe a little risky) Looked really good last night paired with Seidenberg and on numerous occasions did a great job to keep the puck on the offensive end and shoot at the net. (good looking shot unlike hunwicks)
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

My exact thought last night " At least he can shot the puck unlike Hunwick" 
    The rest was very similar . He just needs to keep it simple especially Saturday .
    Their ferocious forecheck will be a good test . 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Once again I missed a large portion of the game.  When I did get home I noticed the kid right away.  What I was hoping to see was puck retrieval and good breakout passes / decisions.  What was pleasantly unexpected were a couple of nice offensive zone diagonal passes which just missed the mark.  You could see that the opportunities were golden even if the execution was slightly off.  If this kid can continue to play solid and cleans up his execution just a bit on these passes, he will not be sent back to Providence.  Under this scenario McQuaid and Stuart will be fighting to dress.

I suppose it would be prudent to say, that it's also possible that the offensive zone passes he made last night were typically off target.  If that is the case and he continually gives the puck away tryng to make the spectacular play it's possible he could quickly become the new Wideman.  If it trends this way I hope we switch him out for Bartowski or Penner before he is eaten alive by B's fans.

On my first impression, I was very impressed.  Looking forward to Philly on Saturday.

Sections
Shortcuts